TRM's Second Darkness, a Pathfinder RPG game (closed)

The Rolling Man

First Post
The game has now started and is full.
IC Thread
RG Thread

Party :
  • Tolneus "Tolly" Garnus, human rogue and dabbler in arcane matters. (played by Dr. Simon)
  • Tosh, black dragonwrought kobold rogue, boneyard sneak. (played by Ambrus)
  • Chan Ti, half elf monk from far away Tian Xia. (played by ghostcat)
  • Kronk Madaxe, deranged dwarf fighter, enemy of squirrels. (played by Mark Chance)
  • Rorgar, half-orc druid and feral shapeshifter. (played by Walking Dad)
  • Voadam, human ranger, madman or traveller from some other world ? (played by Voadam)

riddleportsblotxp2.jpg

Second Darkness
A Pathfinder RPG Beta playtest

A foul omen looms in the sky over the scoundrel city of Riddleport, an ominous shadow that defies the light. Is it a curse laid millennia ago by forgotten mages? Does it forewarn against the return of some terrible foe? Or does it portend a terrible new era, a second Age of Darkness?

After reading the pathfinder campaign setting over the holidays, the itch to DM a game here has become too strong. I haven't DM in a while however and, with my limited time, I've decided to run published adventures. Second Darkness just fits the bill perfectly.

I'm looking for 4-6 players that can post at least 3 to 5 times a week for this game. If there's more then 6 applications, I'll probably have to pick the ones I prefer. The other could aways be keep as alternates. The character creation rules will be posted below. I'll also post some information on the city of Riddleport on the Varisian coast to help you come up with fitting characters. Most of this will be taken strait out of the Second Darkness player guide which, this time around, isn't free, so don't be afraid to ask me more details if you don't have access to it.

As for the game itself, I'd first like you to pick up a distinctive sign (it can be colored text, bold, italics ...) to show what is said out loud by your character. It will make the reading of the thread easier and make it easy to see who's saying what. For dice rolls, I can make all the rolls for you but if you feel like using invisible castle for your own roll, please feel free to do so. Just keep the 'name' you use for those rolls constant (using your character's name is probably the most obvious). I'll still roll a few check myself however, like some perception, search and stealth checks, to keep them secret. I'll probably also roll most of the 'reactive' rolls (like saving throws and initiative) to keep the game moving at a decent pace. On that note, it would help me a lot if you posted the basic tactics of your characters so that I can NPC you character if needed (I'll try not to do this often). If you don't want to go into too much details, at least tell me whatever your character is cautious or reckless, or if he usually targets one type of foe during combat.

Last edited:

The Rolling Man

First Post
Character Creation

Core books (You can use almost everything in these books to create your character.)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Beta playtest, including the web enhancements (PFRPG)*
Pathfinder Chronicles, Campaign Setting (PFCS)
Second Darkness Player’s Guide (SDPG)
Curse of the Crimson Throne Player’s Guide (CotCTPG)*
Rise of the Runelords Player’s Guide (RotRPG)* note that you won't get a bonus 'regional' feat as shown in this. I'll instead use the traits system of the SDPG (see below). The feats presented here are still available as normal feats however.

* all these are available in PDF format for free on the Paizo web site.

Races
All the standard PFRPG races except that humans with at least 10 intelligence have an extra (in addition to Common) automatic language depending on their cultural background. Humans with 9 or less intelligence only speak Common or 1 of the cultural languages. Here's a non-exhaustive list of the human languages of Golarion (for more info on these consult the PFCS or ask me about them).
  • Common (Taldane/Chelish)
  • Varisian
  • Skald
  • Shoanti
  • Hallit
  • Kelish
  • Osiriani
  • Polyglot
  • Tien
  • Vudrani

The SRD tiefling is also available with the following modification :
  • There's no level adjustment.
  • The favored class of tieflings is rogue or wizard. This choice must be made at 1st level and cannot be changed.
  • The tiefling automatic languages are Common and one of the following : Abyssal, Infernal or one of the human cultural languages (Varisian, Shoanti, etc ...).

Classes
Only the standard classes as presented in the PFRPG. I might allow the class variants from the PFCS as long as it doesn't conflict with the rpg changes.

Ability Scores
15 Points as in the PFRPG (Standard fantasy)

Alignment
Any alignment is available but be aware that the adventure isn't very friendly to very lawful good type characters. Riddleport isn't exactly the most friendly city.

Starting level : 1

Hit Points
At 1st level, your character gets maximum HD hp + con bonus + 1/2 your constitution score (rounded down).
At all following levels, your character get a fixed amount (depending on your HD : d4 = 3, d6 = 4, d8 = 5, d10 = 7, d12 = 8) + con bonus.

Saving throws and multiclassing
You can only get the +2 bonus to a saving throw at the 1st level once. For example, a fighter 2/barbarian 1 would only have a fortitude save bonus of +3 (not +5). A mage/fighter would get both the bonuses to will and fortitude since they simply aren't the same.

Traits
To better reflect your character experiences before becoming an adventurer, he/she will get 2 traits. One will describe his recent past and link the character with the starting adventure and/or with the other characters (I'll list those below). The second trait can be more general in nature. Traits offer small bonuses and are somewhat similar to feats. The differences is that traits offers more details on the character's life but the bonuses are only about half as good as feat's. Note that all bonuses offered by traits are of the 'trait' type and don't stack with one another. The SDPG present a long list of traits that I'm not going to reproduce here. Feel free to create your own (and get my approval). In general, traits grant a +1 bonus to a saving throw, +2 to initiative, +1 to one skill and make that skill a class skill, or some other small bonus or ability. If you don't own the SDPG and want to consult the trait list, you can leave your email address here or contact me by my hotmail account (philkav@ you know the rest ...).

Here's the list of traits that is supposed to help bring the characters together at the beginning of the adventure. You must pick one of these as your first trait or come up with another one that places you at the Golden Goblin during the 'Cheat the Devil and Take His Gold' gambling tournament.

[Sblock=Campaign Traits]
  1. Fools for Friends: You don’t think of yourself as a gambler. In fact, you rather detest the whole thing. Unfortunately, one or more of your friends (pick one or more of the other players’ characters) doesn’t think so, and you’ve recently learned that friend—or friends—have decided to go to the Gold Goblin’s “Cheat the Devil and Take his Gold” tournament. Which pretty much means you have to go as well, since if no one’s there to watch out for them, they’ll lose all their money and respect. Again. Sometimes it’s hard being the responsible one. Your devotion to your friendships (even when said friends seem, at times, to be trying to test that devotion) is a point of pride to you. Whenever you take the Aid Another action to help an ally, or whenever an ally aids you in this manner, a successful check grants an additional +1 trait bonus to the check for which aid was being rendered. Additionally, as long as one of your friends is within 30 feet, you gain a +1 trait bonus on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.
  2. Into Enemy Territory: The shadow in the sky is visible from all around Riddleport, not just in town. It’s certainly come to the attention of several druids, rangers, and other rural folk who dwell in the nearby mountains, forests, and swamps—among them, yourself. You’ve consulted with several seers and Harrowers, and may even have performed some simple auguries yourself, and all the signs point the same way—something or someone in Riddleport is connected to the blot, and it means bad news for the region. You’ve avoided the sleazy, dirty town for most of your life, traveling there only when absolutely necessary, and although you don’t relish the prospect of going there now, you see little other choice (especially if one of your superiors is ordering you to go investigate). Fortunately, an eccentric friend of yours (pick another PC) is in town, and you’ve heard this friend will be taking part in some gambling thing at a place called the Gold Goblin. Your friend’s always had better luck interacting with the cityfolk, so you’ve decided to accompany your friend to this gambling tournament and plan on letting him find a safe place for you to stay while you’re in town. Your long life of self-sustenance has toughened you and made you more resistant to hardship, in any event—pick one of the
    three categories of saving throw. You gain a +1 trait bonus on all saving throws of that type.
  3. Looking for Work: Although out of work, you aren’t particularly keen on the prospect of gambling away your last remaining coins simply for a chance at riches. That said, if the Gold Goblin’s fortunes reverse after this big gambling tournament, you’re relatively certain its owner, Saul Vancaskerkin, will be needing to hire on some new staff members. You’ve secured payment for the tournament, and intend on attending mostly to check the place out, to decide if it’s a place you’d want to work at (as a bouncer, bartender, croupier, server, entertainer, spotter, or cook), and hopefully get a chance to catch Saul’s eye and make an impression. You’ve long worked at honing your skills, and are quite accomplished and certain that you have something to offer. Pick one of the following skills: Bluff, Craft (any), Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perform (any), Profession (gambler), or Spot. You gain a +1 trait bonus in that skill, and that skill is always considered a class skill for you.
  4. Optimistic Gambler: You’ve always seemed to have trouble keeping money. Worse, you always seem to have debts looming over your head. When you heard about the “Cheat the Devil and Take His Gold” gambling tournament, you felt in your gut that your luck was about to change. You’ve always been optimistic, in fact, and even though right now is one of those rare times where you don’t
    owe anyone any money (you just paid off a recent loan from local moneylender Lymas Smeed), you know that’ll change soon enough. Better to start amassing money now when you’re at one of those rare windfall times! You’ve set aside a gold coin for the entrance fee, and look forward to making it big—you can feel it in your bones! This time’s gonna be the big one! Your boundless optimism, even in the face of crushing situations, has always bolstered your spirit. Effects that grant you morale bonuses persist 1d4 rounds longer than they normally would as a result.
  5. Researching the Blot: You may or may not be seeking membership into Riddleport’s most prestigious magical guild, the Order of Cyphers, but you certainly have heard their call for aid in determining the nature of the strange shadow in the sky above Riddleport. You arrived in town several days ago and had some issues with security and safety at several inns before you finally settled on the Gold Goblin; you’ve been staying there as a guest for several days now, and the owner, Saul Vancaskerkin, seems like a nice guy. He’s even given you a pass to attend the gambling tournament he’s about to throw—you’re not sure how into gambling you’ll be, but perhaps there’ll be some visitors from out of town you can talk to about the strange shadow in the sky. At the very least, you’re hoping someone at the tourney will be into magic—there’s not really enough folk in this town who seem all that interested in magic, you’ve found. Your interest in magic dates back quite far, and as a result, you’ve developed a knack for identifying common magical items at a glance. You can use Spellcraft to identify magic items in the same way you can use Spellcraft to identify a potion. The DC to identify a magic item is equal to 20 + the item’s caster level.
  6. Scouting for Fiends: You belong to an organization (most likely a religion) that has definite views on the menace posed by the lower planes. The willfulness with which the city of Korvosa (they even allow a temple of Asmodeus to operate in broad daylight!) tolerates infernal influences is, to you and your organization, the greatest symbol of what’s wrong with civilization today. And now, in Riddleport, there’s news that a gambling tournament is using devils and Hell as an idle decoration. It’s likely that this is just an example of poor taste, but there’s a chance that something sinister may be lurking beneath the goings-on at the Gold Goblin. You have been contacted by your organization (or may have decided on your own) to travel to Riddleport (if you don’t already live there) and attend this tournament under the guise of a patron. Keep an eye on things there, even after the tournament is over; if you can, get a job working for the owner. Demons and devils can be subtle, and it could take weeks or even months to find proof of their involvement. Your near-obsessive hatred of all things fiendish grants you a +1 trait bonus on all attack rolls made against foes you know to be evil outsiders.
[/SBLOCK]

Starting wealth
Your character gets a random amount of gold coins to purchase his/her starting equipment. You must spend at least half the starting amount or lose the extra cash. The amount depends on your starting class as shown on page 98 of the PFRPG. As with most rolls you can use invisible castle (and provide a link) or let me roll for you.

Experience
I'll use the 'medium' column (see page 13 of the PFRPG) for the experience needed to level up. I might revise this later.

Non-core feats, spells or class variants
I'm open to allow up to one of these (at lvl 1) per character but you'll have to check with me first.

I think that's everything, don't be afraid to ask additional questions.

The Rolling Man

First Post
riddleportplayermapfn7.jpg

Riddleport, City of Cyphers

The third largest city in all Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. Once a secret pirate haven, Riddleport has grown over the last three centuries into a port city in its own right. At first it served as a den of piracy, but over time the city has expanded into a true settlement, the frontier’s frontier, the Northernmost outpost on the lonely strip known as the Lost Coast. Yet while Riddleport has grown into a proper city, it remains true to its roots—you can get rich quick in Riddleport if you’ve got skill and a bit of luck. Yet, for every Riddleport success story, there are a dozen nameless bodies buried in potters’ fields or tossed to the hungry denizens of the sea.

Riddleport's Demographics

Population : 13300 (77% human, 7% dwarf, 5% half-elf, 4% half-orc, 3% tiefling, 2% halfling, 1% gnome, 1% other)

As the high amount of half-elves, half-orcs and even tieflings shows, the lawless city of Riddleport is an haven for all sort of outcasts from all over Goralion. In a city without strong establishment, even people who would be mistrusted in other lands can make their own way. Of course, like the introduction paragraph mentioned, the city can also be very unforgiving to those who fail.

Current Events
At the start of the game, two events are the talk of the town. The first is the manifestation of the Blot, a strange and ominous shadow in the sky that looks like nothing so much as a cloud of darkness. The Blot captured the interest of Riddleport’s citizens when it first manifested, but that was months ago—now, after the strange cloud hasn’t done anything particularly dramatic for so long, most folk have grown accustomed to it. Most—but not all ; some, such as the Order of Cyphers, remain concerned by the strange cloud, and worry that it may be the harbinger of something worse.

The other event is a gambling tournament called “Cheat the Devil and Take His Gold.” Held at the recently reopened Gold Goblin Gambling Hall, talk of the tourney has spread throughout the town of Riddleport and has even reached some taverns in cities as far as Magnimar or even Korvosa. Excitement for the tournament has been building for a month, and now that the day is finally here, people from all over are flocking to take part. The somewhat restrictive entrance fee ironically makes it not possible for many of Riddleport’s own citizens to attend, but in the case of each PC who takes a Second Darkness Campaign Trait, that 1 gp entrance fee has been paid, either by an interested party or by yourself (this expense does not come from your starting cash).

[Sblock=Power groups and points of interest]Pirate captains: As the founders of the city, the pirates are the traditional power in Riddleport. Various captains would fight and betray one another for the title of overlord and leadership of the city. This changed thirty years ago when the former pirate Gaston Cromarcky became Overlord. Instead of calling on fellow pirates for support, he hired many mercenaries from land-based groups to keep the order in the city. To pay for such new expenses, the overlord runs a sort of official protection racket. No pirate wishing to dock in the city can attack a ship flying the Riddleport flag. The price for such protection is extremely high however, so the Riddleport's pirates still have plenty of targets. As such, while the pirates are still a force to be reckon with at sea, their power in the city proper has shifted to the permanent residents, like the Overlord and the criminal groups. Overlord Cromarcky resides in his heavily guarded compound on an island in the middle of the Velashu river.
Gendarmes: They are the armed forces payed by Overlord Gaston Cromarcky to keep a semblance order in the city. They consist mostly of mercenaries with little links to piracy. While they do a better job keeping the streets safe then the pirates ever did, the Gendarmes have been know to turn a blind eye to quite a few criminal activities. Their barracks, the Devil's Folk, are nestled in the hills in the northern part of the city and serve as both training ground and prison for the city.
Cyphergate: The enigmatic Cyphergate looms large over Riddleport’s harbor, a constant reminder of the transience of life and even civilization, since no record has ever been found of who may have raised this architectural wonder. The arch rises 350 feet above the water at high tide, secured by the rocky crags on either side of the harbor mouth—its diameter is exactly 700 feet. It is of an unidentifiable stone of nearly supernatural hardness that resists almost all efforts at defacing or marking, and as with most Thassilonian monuments, it has weathered the passage of years amazingly well. Most scholars believe that the runes on the arch have no meaning, and are decorative. Magical attempts to decipher the runes have supported this theory, yet the Order of Cyphers believes that this simply points to the runes’ mystic nature, that even magic cannot decipher their meaning or the Cyphergate’s true purpose. Cracking this code has become the primary goal of the Order, yet they are no closer to solving it today than they were when their order was founded.
The Order of Cyphers: A group of wizards, sorcerers and scholars dedicated to deciphering the secret and use of the Cyphergate and other Thassilonian ruins, the Order of Cyphers is the rising power in Riddleport. Their ways are mysterious and a lot of the more traditional inhabitant of Riddleport mistrust them. The order is lead by Elias Tammerhawk, a accomplished wizard that some say might be poised to become the next Overlord. The Cypher Lodge, their headquarter, overlooks the southern cliffs of the city and offers an excellent view of the Cyphergate. It also holds the most complete library in northern Varisia.
Criminal groups: In a lawless city like Riddleport, the thieves, smugglers, cutthroats and other scoundrels hold a lot of sway. This ranges from small groups of pick pockets banding together to full fledged criminal associations headed by a criminal boss. One of the most notorious of these is Clegg Zincher who own the infamous Zincher's Arena where desperate men fight monsters or each other for the entertainment of the clients. Other crimes lords include Boss Croat, a fat half-orc who apparently controls drug traffic, and Shorafa Pamodae, the dark and alluring tiefling priestess of Calistria who controls the 'hospitality' business from her House of the Silken Veil. Outside the city, clans of Varisian Sczarni like to take as victims the travellers coming or leaving.
Gold Goblin Gambling Hall: Once a high profile venue and shining diamond of the bustling Wharf District, this run-down gambling hall has been recently rebuilt and is the site for the upcoming “Cheat the Devil and Take His Gold” gambling tournament.
Gas Forges: The second most know feature of Riddleport (after the massive Cyphergate) is the dwarf operated Gas Forges. The gas forges stand out as a tall metal and stone structure in the middle of a city mostly build out of wood. Long ago, some dwarves discovered rare gas deposits in mines below the city. The industrious dwarves knew that they could use that gas to heat forges to an incredibly high temperature which now allows them to smelt even the hardest metals, like adamantine. To this days, dwarves control the extraction of the gases as well as the forging operations. The day to day operations aren't glamorous however. All the toxic compounds that the forging processes release are taxing even on the hardy dwarves. Many of the gas forge's workers die before they can benefit from their (albeit high) pay. The gas forges are owned by a consortium of rich dwarves that stay in faraway Janherhoff.[/Sblock]

[Sblock=Deities in Riddleport]Although not a particularly pious lot, the people of Riddleport know better than to trust in luck alone. Thus, a number of unruly congregations flourish in the City of Cyphers, the largest being dedicated to deities sympathetic to sailors, gamblers, criminals, and free spirits of all walks.
Besmara: Although primarily worshiped among the Shackles far to the south, the Pirate Queen is the goddess of pirates, strife, and sea serpents. Thus, her faith suits the scallywags and seafarers of Riddleport well. Her temple, derisively known as the Fish Bowl, makes regular blood sacrifices to assure safe and profitable voyages.
Calistria: The fickle goddess of trickery, lust, and revenge maintains a particularly healthy following in Riddleport. Her temple, the House of the Silken Veil, encourages her flock’s vendettas and oversees the city’s “hospitality” industry. Several thugs and assassins are known for quoting Calistria’s collection of holy poems, Blood for Wine, before setting about their grim work.
Cayden Cailean: From the raucous Publican’s House, the clergy of Cayden Cailean, god of alcohol, bravery, and freedom, welcome nearly all comers and hearten those who seek to live lives free of laws and restrictions. The church of the Drunken Hero is known for helping newcomers find homes within the city and encouraging legitimate trade—especially the import of exotic wines and brews.
Desna: The most blessed and cursed deity in Riddleport, the butterfly-winged goddess of travelers, luck, and the stars watches over gamblers, navigators on ships, and those seeking fortune and new beginnings. Although her faith does not support an actual temple within the City of Cyphers, nearly every gambling den in the city bears a statue in her image and several wandering priests—particularly of Varisian descent— do her work.
Gozreh: Although no temple in Riddleport bears the symbol of the Wind and the Waves, few sailors don’t in some way pay respects to the god of nature. Many docks bear small shrines so departing seafarers can offer last-minute sacrifices, and wandering clerics and druids of Gozreh sell blessings and prayers for their god’s distraction.[/Sblock]

[Sblock= Riddleport Slang]Abbess: A priestess or whore of Calistria
Bridge Monkey: Someone from Magnimar
Capp: A trusted lieutenant or henchman
Cattle: A group of Varisians
Cow: A Varisian
Church Work: Any lengthy job that is slow to finish or is otherwise drudgery
Dog Biter: A large rat, small child, or halfling
Earth Bath: An unmarked grave
Easy Lad: A male prostitute
Fancyboy/Fancygirl: A cyphermage (sometimes an elf )
Gendarme: A city guard
Grog-Blossom: A facial pimple, or an unsavory person
Hushman: A hired killer, generally one kept on semipermanent retainer
Kiss: To stab someone—“Kissed the snickersnak” is a phrase used to mean “Got murdered”
Laced Mutton: A prostitute (gender neutral)
Leaky: Someone who can’t keep a secret (“Don’t tell him about the heist—he’s leaky!”)
Lumber: A passenger on a ship (typically an unwanted or unwelcome passenger)
Pigeon: A person targeted by a criminal to be the victim of a crime, or a person that visits a prostitute
Pigmeat: A dead body, or someone who is about to become dead
Pump-Sucker: A dwarf (particularly one who works at the Gas Forges)
Quickwife: A female prostitute
Rathole: The mouth (especially a mouth that belongs to someone who is saying unwelcome things)
Rotgut: Liquor (particularly foul-tasting liquor)
Sideshow: A tiefling
Snickersnak: A small knife that can be easily hidden on a person’s body
Soaker: A priest of Cayden Cailean
Soggy Plum: A drunk
Whisker: A wererat[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Ooh! Ooh! Me! Pick me!

I don't really have an idea or anything for a character yet, but I've been hungering to take Pathfinder out for a test drive.

:)

Ambrus

Explorer
Ooh! Ooh! I'm all over this too. I've adopted Pathfinder for my home Planescape campaign, am playing Curse of the Crimson Throne in another online game here and would love to see another Paizo module. Not sure what I'd play yet though...

An odd question... might there be some way to take one of the creatures in paizo's Classic Monsters Revisited as a PC? It's a great book. :)

Edit: Hey. I just noticed that you're in la belle province too. Do I know you?...

Last edited:

The Rolling Man

First Post
I've updated the 'Riddleport' post with some more information. You don't have to read it all if you don't feel like it but it could inspire you for a character idea.
Ooh! Ooh! Me! Pick me!

I don't really have an idea or anything for a character yet, but I've been hungering to take Pathfinder out for a test drive.

:)
Thank you for expressing such interest, I look foward to seeing a character concept :).
Ambrus said:
Ooh! Ooh! I'm all over this too. I've adopted Pathfinder for my home Planescape campaign, am playing Curse of the Crimson Throne in another online game here and would love to see another Paizo module. Not sure what I'd play yet though...

An odd question... might there be some way to take one of the creatures in paizo's Classic Monsters Revisited as a PC? It's a great book. :)
I also have a pdf copy of this, and I like it (especially the crazy goblin and the scary bugbear). Riddleport sure is the perfect setting for some more usually pc race, so it could probably work. I'd prefer if you picked a race without racial HD however. Just tell me what you have in mind and we'll work it out.
Ambrus said:
Edit: Hey. I just noticed that you're in la belle province too. Do I know you?...
I guess it's possible but I doubt it. I haven't been very active in the 'rpg scene' in the last few years. It's quite possible we saw each other in 'Le Valet' at some point however ;).

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ooh, I'm interested....

Hope I can fit another game in, I'll see how quickly I can put together a character. I love the sound of this campaign!

Think I might go spellcaster or rogue this time. Hmm...

ghostcat

First Post
Sounds interesting.

However I have not seen the Pathfinder rules so it will take me two or three days to put a character together.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Okay, first pass. I'm liking the idea of a roguish character with magical power, probably MC rogue/wizard moving to Arcane Trickster later. To that end, I'd like to take a trait that allowed him to use Knowledge (arcane) as a class skill for rogue (plus bonus?). Maybe the son of a hedge wizard or something? To facilitate MCing to wizard, I've given him a spellbook that he's carried with him, studying it for months (years?) in the hopes of making a breakthrough.

Tolly Garnus

Str 12 (2 points)
Dex 14 (5 points)
Con 10
Int 15 (3 points to 13, +2 racial bonus)
Wis 10
Cha 14 (5 points)

Human (Chelaxian heritage).
30 ft. base move, +1 skill point, bonus feat, martial weapon training (longsword), favoured class rogue.
AL: NG

Rogue 1
Hit points 13 (HD 8 + 5 (half Con))
BAB +0, melee +1, ranged +2
Fort +0
Reflex +4
Will +0
CMB +1
Initiative +6 (+2 Dex, +4 feat)
Traits: Hedge wizard (+1 to Know (arcana), Looking For Work (+1 to Bluff)

Skills 12 (8 class, +2 Int, +1 human, +1 favoured class)
Bluff +7
Diplomacy +5
Disable Device +6
Escape Artist +6
Knowledge (arcana) +7
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6
Linguist +6
Perception +4
Sleight +6
Stealth +6
Use Magic Device +6

Feats
1st level Dodge
Human Bonus Improved Initiative

Equipment
Longsword
Starknife
Shortbow
20 arrows
Backpack
Leather armour
Spellbook
Thieves tools
Bedroll
Caltrops
Flint and steel
Vial of ink
Pen
Traveller's Outfit

Total weight 40lbs
Money 7 sp, 5 cp

(Note: I used Average gold, as I didn't see your note about rolling. Is this acceptable?)

Height 6'2"
Weight 184 lbs

Light load <43lbs
Medium 44-86 lbs
Heavy 87-130 lbs

Tolly is a thin, rangy looking individual with reddish hair and a charming smile. A chancer and wanderer by nature, Tolly moves from place to place picking up whatever work he can do, and sometimes pilfering a bit of food and drink if work is unavailable. He's spent a bit of time travelling with Varisians, but is Chelaxian by birth. Part of a large extended family from East Side, Korvosa, Tolly has picked up bits of background knowledge about magic from his older sisters who studied at Theomenexus's College. He carries with him a battered old book of basic magical theory, but has not quite come to grips with the spells listed therein, despite his best efforts.

Tolly has no dark secrets or tragic upbringing, his worst attribute is probably his total lack of responsibility or focus - some say he is a gnome trapped in a human body. Always dabbling, always curious, always friendly.

Tolly has come to Riddleport partly by happenstance, partly out of curiosity about rumours that he's heard about the place. Not only does the free-for-all nature of the city and the gambling tournament appeal to his happy-go-lucky side, the mystery of the Blot appeals to his magical interests.

Quote "This is indeed a fascinating conjecture. Where could the pie have gone?"

I'm happy to have you roll the dice for me, less faffing than IC.

Walking Dad

First Post
Interested!!

Will post more soon. I think Pathfinder is D&D 3.5!

Non-core feats, spells or class variants
I'm open to allow up to one of these (at lvl 1) per character but you'll have to check with me first.
Would you allow me to take the druid shapeshifting variant from the PH2? I'm not that happy with the pathfinder polymorph/wildshape solution.
BTW: The shapeshifting doesn't seem strong enough to loose both normal wildshape and the animal companion. Could I retain the druid domain (air, animal, earth, fire, plant, water, or weather)? Would be most likely air, plant or water.

Would be more like a half-orc druid. Perhaps with connctions to a criminal group (beggars guild or the pirates).
Trait: Into Enemy Territory or Scouting for Fiends

I will use lime green as speaking color.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases