Ravenloft Campaign - Any Feedback? Old DM, New to Ravenloft

Angelsboi

First Post
OK here is what i have:

* All the PCs are aged 10 to 13. They are 1st level commoners. Stats: 3d6, reroll 1s drop the lowest.

* Takes place in Richmeleut.

Pilot Episode: "?"

The PCs know each other as they all grew up in the same hamlet. The hamlet is ruled by a burgomeister who has a teen son. The hamlet is known for its seclusion and paranoia against witchcraft.

The day before the full moon

A man in his early 50s (Antoine) comes into the hamlet looking for his daughter, Gabrielle. He is a little heavy set with coal black hair and whisps of grey. He has a devilish looking goatee, black with whisps of grey. He moves in with his daughter, who, has a reputation in the town of being a witch because of her knowledge of things and she hangs out with Monique (Elf) and Anatole (Caliban).

Antoine is immediatly seen threatening people who are picking on his daughter.

A young couple from the town disappear in the middle of the night.

The day of the full moon

The young couple from the previous night are found in the village square, mauled and half eaten. The townfolk immediatly start fingering Gabrielle.

The Burgomeisters son is also missing as is his white dog, Petrie. The Burgomeister sets up a curfew.

The town cleric, Sister Yvette, says she spoke with some local villagers (The evil triad) and they said they saw a large wolf lurking in the nearby woods. It was black and grey.

Rumors start circulating and many start poointing fingers at Gabrielles father.

That night, the Burgomeister goes missing.

The day after the full moon

The Burgomeister appears in the town square, mauled and half eaten. It is now the hamlet doesnt have a leader and the Evil Triad steps up to help Sister Yvette. They are the main leaders of this 'Witch Hunt'.

In the woods, the Burgomeisters son is found, dead, with his dog. Both necks snapped. On the back of the son is a tattoo of The Fool, from the Tarot Cards.

They start pointing fingers at Gabrielle, her father and her friends. Stakes are positioned in town.

Facts:
* Gabrielle is a 1/2 Vistani. Her father is human. Her mother is a Vistani.

* Gabrielle, Monique and Anatole form 'The Triad', a group who opposes another triad called 'Le Luna Obscurite' who secretly is taking over the hamlet. The three secretly worship Hala while the rest of the town worships Ezra.

* The PCs need to discover that Gabrielle, her friends and her father arent responsible and its only a Dire Wolf.

* One of the evil triad is a druid and is using animal friendship on the dire wolf (maybe a wolf?)

* I need to add a clearing in the woods where Gabrielle and her friends meet. I also need to add red herrings so it looks like Gabrielle and her friends are guilty as well as her father.

Last edited:

kengar

First Post
I like the setting and premise, now let me just put on my official set of devil's advocate horns:

1) What skills and abilities will these 10-13 yr old "meddling kids" have to deal with evil druids & a dire wolf? Are you treating them as normal 1st level adventurers?

2) Why are they the ones investigating this? Who is going to believe them?

3) If the town is so intolerant of witchcraft, why wouldn't they move against Gabrielle, her dad & the elf sooner and just string them up?

4) WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS WHILE THEY SKULK AROUND AFTER DIRE WOLVES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? WITHOUT A SWEATER?? YOU'LL CATCH YOUR DEATH OF COLD!! ;)

(okay, ignore the last one) :D

just some semi-random thoughts

Angelsboi

First Post
kengar said:
1) What skills and abilities will these 10-13 yr old "meddling kids" have to deal with evil druids & a dire wolf? Are you treating them as normal 1st level adventurers?

Well they wont face the Evil Triad. They wont face them till they become adventurers. Maybe i should make it a advanced wolf?

kengar said:
2) Why are they the ones investigating this? Who is going to believe them?

They are kids and kids are always curious. Especially when they have friends involved.

kengar said:
3) If the town is so intolerant of witchcraft, why wouldn't they move against Gabrielle, her dad & the elf sooner and just string them up?

Proof. Even the witch trials needed a trial and proof. When the burgomeisters son appears with a tarot tattoo, thats the last straw.

kengar said:
4) WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS WHILE THEY SKULK AROUND AFTER DIRE WOLVES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? WITHOUT A SWEATER?? YOU'LL CATCH YOUR DEATH OF COLD!! ;)

Their parents will be around and talking about how this town is this and this and that and that. One player will be a psionic so he will have always been gifted and his arents will feel bad for Gabrielle. If another becomes a fighter or non magick class, they will side with everyone else.

Voadam

Legend
Sounds like fun,

Starting everybody as level 1 commoner children will be challenging, the big bad wolf will be very scary.

Be prepared for them not to figure it out and maybe just be witnesses to the witch hunt and the tarot clues or to not be able to stop the adult mob if they do figure it out. It will be more horrific if they learn later in life that the inquisition was all evil or knowing that the hysteria is misplaced. Either way it will still get across the tarot clue for your big campaign.

Angelsboi

First Post
well i plan on doing about 4 or 5 games with them as commoners and then 'growing up' and leaving the hamlet and coming back 13 years later, with, the Burgomeisters Son 'reappearing' with the tattoo.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases