[WFRP] Down and Out in Altdorf [OOC]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Anton85 said:
Sounds like Gustav is delaying, so should Solvig post her move then?

That's fine by me, if The Digger wants to take a turn now. Given their positions on the map, I don't think it'll be much of a problem if they go out of order a little.

Walking Dad said:
I have difficulties to post over the WE. Can I post a general action in the ooc on Friday for Sunday? May even be a bit faster :)

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this; I responded down-thread and completely forgot to respond to this. It's absolutely fine by me if you want to post a general action. I understand how precious weekends are to a father :)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well that dwarf sure wasn't long-lived :D. So how does the rules work about 0 wound points? Am I unconscious? At what point is death knocking at the door? Can I still smash a skull before I go? :D

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Well that dwarf sure wasn't long-lived :D. So how does the rules work about 0 wound points? Am I unconscious? At what point is death knocking at the door? Can I still smash a skull before I go? :D

It's actually not too bad. Norgrim is now very badly wounded, and it will take a matter of weeks to heal unless he receives somewhat costly medical (or even more costly mystical) treatment. He's still able to stand and fight at full capacity, although subsequent wounds are extremely likely to reduce his capacity to fight and/or breathe.

Anyone--Norgrim himself included--may take a full action* to attempt to heal him with the Heal skill, available only to those who are trained. In your current condition, a successful check would net him 1 precious, precious Wound point. Applying a poultice, if you had one, would allow a heal check to restore 1d10 points. Such a check may be made once per battle in which you receive wounds. The following day you may receive the benefits of another Heal check, and once per day thereafter.

Of more pressing concern in the here-and-now, however, is the greatly increased risk of injury to Norgrim's person. When you take damage greater than your current Wound points, that number determines a roll on the Critical Hit table, the very mention of which should make Norgrim quiver in his tattered dwarven boots. As a random example, the next successful attack on Norgrim might...roll a few dice...reduce Norgrim's left arm to a dangling mass of meat, and although his shield would remain strapped to his arm, blood loss would have a 20% chance per round of killing him unless he received immediate treatment. At the end of the battle, Norgrim would have to make a successful Toughness test or lose the arm from the elbow down.

Fun, eh? :lol: Luckily for Norgrim, he also has two Fate Points, which may be permanently spent to avoid loss of life or limb. You can always spend one, even if circumstances make a character's survival nonsensical. The burden is on the GM to provide a reasonable Deus Ex Machina.

*The rulebook says that skill uses vary in duration, and is completely mum on how long it takes to attempt a Heal check. A Full Action is my own ruling, and nothing more.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I took the liberty of rolling Parry for Norgrim, since it's better than his Dodge Blow.
Oh, and in response to this. Yes, Norgrim will usually Parry first and Dodge the second hit. Unless he's fighting two or more obviously different caliber enemies at once, but then I'll tell how I distribute those.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
I do realise that I might have to roll a new character soon, but that's the way life goes for manic dwarfs...

Not necessarily. If you spend a Fate Point as he dies or loses a limb, it's on me to come up with a way for Norgrim to get through it. Of course, it's always up to you whether you want to spend it. Sometimes it's fun to get another crack at the random PC generator :lol:, and in my book, that's a valid choice, too.

OOC: um, how do we roll damage, should we roll on the location hit chart? I still can't figure out how much damage a melee weapon does?

It sounds complicated in writing, but the way you determine hit location is really fairly quick. Roll your Weapon Skill or Ballistics Skill test, and determine whether you hit at all as normal. Then reverse the digits of your result. So if you rolled a 20, as Norgrim did, that becomes a 02. Looking at the table on page 129, we find that a 02 is a hit to the head. If you want to aim for a specific body part, you take a -20% penalty.

As far as damage goes, there's a listing of weapons and damages on page 108. For melee weapons, they're listed as "SB +/- N." This means (1d10 + [Strength Bonus] + [Integer]). A Hand Weapon does (1d10 + SB + 0), while a dagger does (1d10 + SB - 3). The target subtracts from that damage his Toughness Bonus and the armor value on the location hit from damage he takes.

If all that sounds like a big pain in the butt, you can also just roll your to-hit roll and let me do the rest. :) I like doing it, and to me it's actually quicker than figuring out all the modifiers in a system like D&D or WoD.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Sorry for not following up after my last post. The flu hit my family hard and worked its way through my kids, wife, and finally myself. Everyone's healthy now, but I'll be out of the country and PC-less for at least a week.

Thanks for the gracious invite, maybe next go 'round.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases