MI - 4E campaign looking for players - Pontiac

Victor Spieles

Explorer
I am a longtime D+D player and DM. I have just finished off a long-term 3.5 D+D campaign that lasted for about a year and a half. I am looking to start a new long-term campaign based in my own campaign setting using the new 4E rules. I would like anywhere from 2-5 new payers to join our group. I am planning on starting off at 1st level and playing all the way up to high (epic level). This will however be the first long-term 4E campaign I have ever ran, so I would like to get some players together and run a few one-shot adventures, or a few mini-campiagns to get the group familiar with the new 4E system, as well as giving the new players some time to get comfortable with each other and myself.

I am a well versed DM with a role-play/story driven game style. I have a pretty good 50/50 mix of role-play and combat in all of my game sessions. And the near perfect attendance of my last group for a year and a half shows just how exciting my game sessions are. I am looking for players who can role-play and want to commit to a long-term 4E D+D campaign that will take place every other Sunday. The game sessions will start around 3:30-4pm and last until as late as 11pm-12 midnight depending on the sessions and the players involvement. This is not a D+D game where the players drop in whenever they feel like it. I am looking for mature role-layers who are looking to build their characters around my campaign setting. I will also build the campaign story line around the characters. I use D+D miniatures, and I have a wide variety of them as well. I will be running the game sessions from my apartment in Pontiac, Michigan. Smokers are welcome as I smoke myself. Anyone who is interested should e-mail me at the following address:

iadams1975@yahoo.com
Or call me after 6PM @ (248)495-7404

If you like to role-play and kick some ass, as well as build a character over a long-term campaign, I am the DM for you! Here is a brief description of the campaign setting we will be launching from.

The world is filled with darkness (building off the 4E “Points of Light” concept). Many many years ago a great war ravaged the world, and nearly destroyed the entire realm. During the time after the Great War many factions united together under similar political views. But as the world began to rebuild from the destruction of the great war, so did the hidden evils of the world. And as these evils began to rise, they began to threaten all that was re-built. As this corruptive force began to spread, many of it’s followers began to take up arms in an attempt to wipe out all life and light from the world. This evil force was known only as The Nye. And as more and more fell under the shroud of darkness and corruption, many heroes did their best to protect the world from this sinister darkness known as the Nye. Evil in all of it’s forms began to awaken and all manner of dragon, undead, and monster answered the call of the Nye, for their own selfish desires. During this time, several factions of evil brought about great storms of destructive darkness. And through these gigantic storms the Nye was able to snuff out many large cities as well as many forms of life. With many of the civilized population corrupt and fighting among themselves, chaos spread and the Bleak Storms of Darkness continued to spread. Consuming large sections of the world. Leaving many to fall victim to the merciless darkness. But a few righteous heroes guided by fates hands where able to stop many of these storms from overtaking the entire world. These legendary heroes all slowly disappeared into the pages of story books and bards tales. But their heroic deeds would not be forgotten. Soon the storms would cease, and the few places left where the suns light still shines where rebuilt and thus became thriving cities where the civilized races could live. But these places where far and few between, and still lingering within the shrouds of darkness where unspeakable evil of all sorts. Now with the darkness separating many of these civilized towns and cities, many adventurers set off to discover the secrets of the last age, before the darkness overcame their parents world. This is where you and your group will begin their adventuring!

I will give much more detailed information to those of you who ask for it. I am looking for a wide range of players and characters. But I need commitment and desire out of all of you who wish to be a part of this campaign. All of my players from my last campaign agree that our group and campaign was one of the best, if not THE best campaign they have ever played in. And this next one will be eve better!

I am a story driven DM, who puts a lot of time into my campaigns. I also, use hand-outs and personalized character hand-outs for each session. All typed out and ready for each player. If you like hack and slash, you will love this campaign too, because I have a lot of good combat situations and encounters as well. This is a dark, ADULT based fantasy, with elements of horror, sci-fi, as well as intrigue and excitement. If you want to play in the best well rounded D+D campaign of your life, and build a character from 1st -30th level, and have a kick-ass time while doing it, this is the campaign for you. Contact me ASAP. Seats around the tale are going quick and I want to give everyone who wants in a fair chance to get to be in this campaign. I am looking to start as soon as we get the right group together. So it will most likely be around march wen we launch! So start getting a hold of your friends who may want to play too. No drama queens and no rule lawyers please.

Victor Spieles

Explorer
I love this campaign and look forward to those joining the next one

I'm posting this for anyone who's viewed the posting and was afraid to reply.

I found this campaign on Pen and Paper Games when I found my way back to the DnD world at the age of 37. I had not played in a regular game for several years.

Ian is THE DM of Pontiac. I drive from Eastpointe to Pontiac for this game/group because it's that much fun and excitement.

The group also has met consistently every other Sunday from 4-11 pm for the last 2 years (Twice a month for 2+ years!!!). Only one session has been cancelled and that was due to a snow blizzard.

We started out with 5 players and are currently down to 3. We've experience one real life death of a good friend and player who passed away too soon. And we lost a second player from the emotional fall out from that event. We're a solid good natured group who has pressed on, and would like to welcome some new players to join us around the big table. Ages of the players run from 21 to 37, and married to single.

Every player character's personal history and back story is part of the current campaign's story. Everyone in the group has grown from 1st level to between 12-14th level at this point. There have only been three PC deaths during the campaign's entire run, and one was resurrected. Everyone of us is attached to our character, and keeping them and the other party members alive. Most games sessions end with a cliff-hanger so we can't wait to play again the next two weeks.

If you love DnD this is the kind of group/campaign you want to be a part of.

Feel free to contact me as well if you are interested.

john_gaunt@ymail.com

Grymhammer

Explorer
I'm currently a player in the game Vic mentions. It's a blast! DM has a GREAT handle on the rules, and uses them well to weave together a truly epic storyline. Game has just the right mix of Role-Playing and Combat.

Remove ads