Bizarre Bazaar: Tankard's Idylls

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: If he goes straight up, he takes four AoOs. When withdrawing, you treat the square you're currently in as not threatened. That lets him move 5' up safely. Problem is, the square he is in at that point is still threatened by all the duergar, and leaving that second square provokes. Here's a side view:

Code:
current:  
====ceiling====

1T2
====floor=====

after 5' up:
====ceiling====

T
  1 2
====floor=====

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Okay, I forgot something important: when Tank is forced to change involuntarily, he does so as a standard action on his turn. That means that he's only got a single move action left, which isn't enough for a withdraw action. Really sorry about that; I should have made that clear earlier.

jaker2003

Explorer
Okay, 5-foot step diagonally up the wall, placing Tank above Duergar 1.
I think I can 5-foot step up the wall because I have a climb speed, and a 5-foot step does not provoke an AoO.

covaithe

Explorer
Round 2

Tank's body melts and shifts agonizingly, but this time he keeps his wits about him. He quickly climbs up the wall above the Duergar leader.

The duergar gasp, but their leader rallies them quickly. "Don't let it get away, whatever it is!" They move again to bracket Tank, but are unable to surround him this time. The clubs fall again. Only one blow finds Tank, and his tough hide sheds most of the force from that one. (ooc: one hit, 2 nonlethal damage after DR)

Status
Tank 20/20 HP, 16 nonlethal damage
duergar 1 uninjured
duergar 2 uninjured
duergar 3 uninjured
duergar 4 uninjured

[sblock=map]
Top view:
Code:
==========
  1T2
  3 4
==========

Side view:
Code:
====ceiling====

T
  1 2
====floor====
[/sblock]

ooc: also, there's ooc discussion in the main adventure thread about the idea of recruiting one or two more players for this adventure. Feel free to go over there and weigh in on that.

covaithe

Explorer
Round 3

Tank lashes out, tearing a jagged wound in the Duergar leader's shoulder.

"Bleedin' thing bit me! Get it!" he gasps. Most of The duergar seem reluctant to close with Tank, and their blows are feeble. but one of them lands a solid blow against Tank's side, nearly bringing him down. (ooc: Since Tank is climbing, he loses his dex bonus to AC and takes one hit, 4 damage after DR. If he were in human form that would bring him down, but the +2 con for rat form gives him an extra 2 HP, so he's still conscious. Edit: since Tank has a climb speed, he doesn't lose his dex AC bonus, so all the attacks this round miss.)

Status
Tank 22/22 HP, 16 nonlethal damage
duergar 1 8 damage
duergar 2 uninjured
duergar 3 uninjured
duergar 4 uninjured

[sblock=map]
Top view:
Code:
==========
  1T2
  3 4
==========

Side view:
Code:
====ceiling====

T
  1 2
====floor====
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Round 4

Tank bites at the injured duergar, but cannot find flesh with his teeth.

The duergar all attack again. Tank twists away from all but one of the blows. (ooc: one hit, 2 damage after DR)

Status
Tank 22/22 HP, 18 nonlethal damage
duergar 1 8 damage
duergar 2 uninjured
duergar 3 uninjured
duergar 4 uninjured

[sblock=map]
Top view:
Code:
==========
  1T2
  3 4