Recruiting: DT's Sword and Sorcery Campaign (BECMI/Wilderlands)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
It was some DSN thingie that they have since fixed. Hopefully it stays that way!

Hey Scott, you're obviously reading along... any reason why you aren't playing with us? :D

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*Reaches up to scalp with a scratching action, then grabs something in the hair.

With a grunt, the head splits open and with-in is a peppercorn sized brain.*

Not enough cranal matter to understand another game system. I used the excuse of can't do another character, but somehow another characteh appeared in my signature. Can't figure out where that one came from.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scott, it is probably for the best. Your character may have been the first to die when the carrion crawler swarm infestation hits the city... Oops... everyone ignore that last bit...

So is the consensus to keep the head as a souvenir and sell the gem and dump Lu Su in the street?

Scott DeWar

carrion crawler swarm infestation hiting the city? I never saw any thing about a carrion crawler swarm infestation, much less anything about one that hits the city. I even re-checked you papers ... oops ... heh. ignore this post, eh?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
So is the consensus to keep the head as a souvenir and sell the gem and dump Lu Su in the street?

If I can do it, you could do it too Scott! However, it is nice to have someone read along :) In all the games I have played in, people have read but never reallyc ommented before. It's fun.

As for me, I would say keep the gem - Lola has no problem retrieving it and she will take it to her contact to sell and then we can divvy up the money and have a night of crazy celebration! I would also keep the head for now and probably try to give it a burial rather than dump it in the ocean or in an ally somewhere. Finally and before any of that, take Lu Shu with us and don't do anything else until he comes to, where we can question him. And tell him he is now set free but hopefully in exchange for never mentioning that we were involved at Tretchner's place.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
DT, you could give a brief explanation of how HP's work here? I noticed that Lola went to -1 but she was still standing so I just want to double check how that works. Thanks!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
In D&D, the rule was that if you hit 0 or negative hit points you were considered dead. Some optional rules also came out, which I partially adopted. I've always played OD&D in a similar manner of how the somewhat new C&C is run now, and I've been playing for nearly 25 years.

If you hit 0 or negative hit points I roll a d20 and check it against your constitution, with the negatives being a penalty against the roll. If the constitution check is made, then the character is conscious and the bleeding has stopped but the character shouldn't exert themselves (such as running, leaping, attacks, etc). If the check is not made than the character is bleeding and losing a hit point per round until they reach negative their max hit points or constitution score (whichever is higher). In which case they are dead. If they score a 20, they are instantly dead. If they score a 1, they can attack and cast spells.

I wag rules on occasion, so the above are the basics of how I handle the situation. When I checked Lola's constitution check when she went to -1, the result was a critical success... a 1. So I ruled she could attack and was otherwise conscious. If she tried to exert herself in a run I may have decided to make another check for consciousness.

Scott DeWar

cheesy answer:

*Reaches up to scalp with a scratching action, then grabs something in the hair.

With a grunt, the head splits open and with-in is a peppercorn sized brain.*

Not enough cranal matter to understand another game system. I used the excuse of can't do another character, but somehow another characteh appeared in my signature. Can't figure out where that one came from.

A little more trutheful answer:

I am a coward. I was intimidated by the peeps playing and felt i could not maintain such a high quality of postin. I chickened out

there. you have the truth.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases