Recruiting: DT's Sword and Sorcery Campaign (BECMI/Wilderlands)

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm not sure you can delete. I've seen other people edit and blank out the message but the post is still there.

Queenie, would you want more interaction between PC's? I don't have a problem with that; I'd like a bit more interaction myself. Don't know if anyone else noticed this or if it's just my imagination but it seemed that we rarely directly addressed one another. Not complaining here, just pointing out something I thought interesting.

Deuce, I think this was an excellent first chapter and like the way everything is going so far. There was once or twice when I felt that we were rushed past an interesting scene before I was ready. If you want to know exactly when I could go back and review posts and let you know where I'm talking about. I wasn't terribly bothered by this; I know finding a balance between progress and interaction is difficult and the ideal spot is different for everyone involved.

Looking through the mask of Edvan's thoughts/perceptions I'm not convinced about what is holding our party together. Hmm, not quite sure how to express my thoughts on this. Lola and Rovan have deeply intertwined backstories; Edvan and Hilmdyn have decent backgrounds that work and mesh well together. I guess I feel the binding between the two pairs is weak. This in no way inhibits my enjoyment of the game; I just don't feel the bond that has been stated to exist. I'm sure that, like in Last Stand with Dartis and Silas, it'll grow over time.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. Thanks, DT, for asking for our input and being open to it. I hope I've said nothing to offend or hurt anyone's feelings.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Dang, ya'll are fast posters. Or maybe I'm just slow. But when I started composing my post above #148 was the last post...

garyh

First Post
I'm enjoying the very free-form nature of the game. No maps, no initiative, no rolling on our end, free to come up with wacky ideas... it's very liberating! My most-played D&D is 3.x, and I've shifted over (outside of this game and a 1e PbP) to 4e completely, which - while I enjoyed 3.x in its day and enjoy 4e now - is an entirely different style of play.

The interactions within the group have been fun, but I agree, we've mostly interacted with NPC's. But I think that will shift as we get used to the group, which will also help the connections form that GlassEye is concerned with.

With this game, the stats and rules are really, really far in the background, and I'm enjoying that a lot. And I'm also enjoying the whole "sorcerer's business" approach to magic. Having read a lot of Conan recently, it's a nice flavor that isn't actually seen much in D&D.

All that said, here's how I plan to spend as much of the 1,000 GP as I can. :)

Backpack 5gp
Boots 1gp
Cloak 1gp
Middle Class Clothes 5gp
Holy Symbol 25gp (I think I've got one, but I'm going to get a nice one)
Vial of Holy Water 25gp
Lantern 10gp
TinderBox 3gp
Flask of Oil 2gp x5
Mirror 5gp
Large Sack 2gp

Armor:
Shield (-1 to AC) 10gp (Cleric and Fighter)
Banded Mail (AC 4 base) 50gp

Weapons:
Sling, 1d4, 2gp

Ammunition costs:
Lead Pellet for Sling (30): 1gp
Silver Pellet for Sling: 5gp x5

Homes can be rented or bought for 100x the below cost. Prices for single bedroom homes:
Residential: 25gp/week - We could buy a place for 2,500 GP total, or 625 GP each.... I think we can swing that.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Well, as Mr. De Warr pointed out to me a few moments ago, bonds are formed by shared experience and we all just had one helluva experience. :)

I'll get to work on what Edvan wants to buy but I certainly agree on the house idea.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
GlassEye's comment about the two pairs not having a strong bond has given me a few ideas...

You can buy a single bedroom (w/ small living room and small kitchen) safe house for 2,500gp or rent for a few weeks for now. This would mostly be a safe house unless two wanted to use bedrolls in the living room and make that a place to sleep and then everyone could stay there. At this point there has been no furniture purchased, either.

A residential with three bedrooms would cost, let's say, 75gp a week and 7,500gp to buy.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I'm not sure you can delete. I've seen other people edit and blank out the message but the post is still there.
Yeah I guess you can't delete posts here - that's kind of lame. I'm more used to CM where you can delete... stuff happens, you know? Especially with me :confused:

Queenie, would you want more interaction between PC's? I don't have a problem with that; I'd like a bit more interaction myself. Don't know if anyone else noticed this or if it's just my imagination but it seemed that we rarely directly addressed one another. Not complaining here, just pointing out something I thought interesting.
Yes, definitely with the PC's, that's what I was mostly referring to. The more you have the easier it is to learn your character's personality and get their story out and the better the bond is between the party AND their players. IMHO of course. I didn't really notice the addressing issue but we can certainly work on that. Now that we've been through a chapter it's a little easier to see what each character is like. Of course there is still lots more to come out ;)

Looking through the mask of Edvan's thoughts/perceptions I'm not convinced about what is holding our party together. Hmm, not quite sure how to express my thoughts on this. Lola and Rovan have deeply intertwined backstories; Edvan and Hilmdyn have decent backgrounds that work and mesh well together. I guess I feel the binding between the two pairs is weak. This in no way inhibits my enjoyment of the game; I just don't feel the bond that has been stated to exist. I'm sure that, like in Last Stand with Dartis and Silas, it'll grow over time.
It does take time to build up that bond, I think. I figured that Rovan knew you two... somehow... and he brought me along so I wouldn't know you guys that well. But if we want to craft something else I'm okay with that.

Or we just do some roleplaying the next couple of days as we party and spend our money, that would be fun too :D

Dang, ya'll are fast posters. Or maybe I'm just slow. But when I started composing my post above #148 was the last post...

How long did it take you to post? :p

Queenie

Queen of Everything
GlassEye's comment about the two pairs not having a strong bond has given me a few ideas...

You can buy a single bedroom (w/ small living room and small kitchen) safe house for 2,500gp or rent for a few weeks for now. This would mostly be a safe house unless two wanted to use bedrolls in the living room and make that a place to sleep and then everyone could stay there. At this point there has been no furniture purchased, either.

A residential with three bedrooms would cost, let's say, 75gp a week and 7,500gp to buy.

Hilmdyn's fine sleeping on the living room floor. Beats the stables! :)

Hmmm... small house is better than nothing! Or, we could wait until we have more to buy a real place but then we wouldn't have the XP earned... I personally don't care either way I'm up for whatever. I think we're so poor that we'd probably want to get something sooner rather than later.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ok. Let's say you purchased a small residential for 2500gp. That costs 625gp each, which leaves 375gp for equipment and fun. I take it that Lola is buying at least one outfit and some wine from what I gather. Just tell me what your character wants in way of equipment with that 375gp and how you are blowing the rest, like garyh has.

I'm going to say that the house stands by itself across from a well near By-Water Road and close to a Pet Shop. Because of the animal pens, it smells mostly of dogs, cats, and rodents, but it was better than having to share a building with others. It is also nearby several inns that have stables, and you've heard that on hot days the smell of horse wafts in, too. Still, it has a small bedroom and small living room to use and a kitchen. The place is close enough to the bazaar to buy food from the nearby farms, and it is a better accomadation than what you recently have had so far in the city.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases