Recruiting: DT's Sword and Sorcery Campaign (BECMI/Wilderlands)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
GlassEye, that may make for a decent thief or a ranged fighter. You did most of the work for a character class already. Now time for the background.

garyh, That's the 'B' in BECMI. The basic set by Mentzer. It's one of my favorite TSR works.

Charwoman, I like the concept. He could be a fair fighter or cleric with those stats. There are a few hundred different gods worshipped in the City-State, so feel free to be imaginative if you decide to go that route.

garyh

First Post
garyh, That's the 'B' in BECMI. The basic set by Mentzer. It's one of my favorite TSR works.

Awesome. I started D&D in the 2e era, so I never got to play the Red Box when it came out (in my defense, I was 5 when the Red Box was released). I'll put my PC together this evening. I recently joined a 1e PbP here, and it's fun to experience the older systems.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Well, then it's good to have you garyh! Please feel free to ask whatever questions you need in order to flesh out your character and I'll fill in the info as best I can.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I had no character deaths in Last Stand of the Dorinthians, but I had two in my Ptolus campaign. Granted the characters in Last Stand almost died a few times, but they played smart and so as long as they made good decisions I gave the occasional mulligan.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Sounds good. I get a little... attached to some of my characters and wanted to make sure that was okay here :)

How would you like our histories? You want us to post some ideas here or just the finished product? Is there any certain format you like it?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Well, hopefully your character has a healthy aversion to steel.

You can post ideas about your character here and we can go back and forth until we have a final product. I would like to have what kind of background the character was raised in, where the character lives (slums or commons), and how the character goes about making a living. Otherwise, feel free to add whatever tidbits you would like.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Well, hopefully your character has a healthy aversion to steel.
Me too! :D

Okay, she works in one of the nicer brothels, I guess that would be either the Happy Harpy or the Naughty Nannies (teehee to both of those names!). I am thinking that while she is there, she has a decent room and nice clothes (necessary for the sell to the more monied) and food and a roof over her head. But otherwise she doesn't actually get paid in money, she works for those privileges. Better than living on the street, right? She's able to bring in a good amount of money for one girl, she is very pretty after all so the cost for her would be higher. Maybe the madam also like to send her out on errands during the day because she can also be persuasive with that charisma.

Sometimes the more wealthy men bring her small gifts as tokens but she is not allowed to keep them and must turn them over to the madam. Occasionally she'll lie and just forget to admit someone gave her something. However, having lived on the streets before here she is good at slight of hand tricks. So she will either pocket the baubles or for the more intoxicated of the men she'll steal right from their wallets. This is the only way she ever has money. She doesn't have much hope of getting out of this way of life.

As for her backstory I am not entirely certain yet what I want to do but I am leaning towards her having been dropped at the orphanage as a baby. Even though she was a beautiful child there was always a reason she was not adopted out. As she grew older she ran off from the orphanage and lived on the streets before the madam found her and she entered into her current line of work. Living on the streets taught her a lot of the handy work she knows today.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Hmmm... I think it is safe to say that your character is street-wise, meaning that she probably has an ear on the going-ons of the city, has difficulty getting lost in an urban area, and just has a knack for understanding town-folk. In such a setting she would be a good character to collect rumors, be the diplomat of the party, and find her way around.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases