Recruiting: DT's Sword and Sorcery Campaign (BECMI/Wilderlands)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Well, I may as well talk about my intentions now. Pick whatever weapons you are most attracted to as it fits with your character, because I was planning to start introducing various weapon expertise starting at the second level. There are some pretty cool things you can do with different weapons. Quarterstaves have some nifty defensive traits, while some bashing weapons can be used to break weapons and shields. For instance, someone skilled with a staff or club can use their weapon to try to deflect a successful attack away from them in case they want to act defensively, while someone skilled with a bow might try to fire an arrow in a way that causes an enemy to be delayed from moving their full movement because of having to keep their head down. Someone skilled with a two-handed sword can use the pommel of the weapon to conduct a stun attack, etc.

GlassEye

Adventurer
...Pick whatever weapons you are most attracted to as it fits with your character...

For Edvan, that'll be the hand axe. And for the moment, his style will be hand axe and shield. However, I see him as a close in fighter and the shield sort of gets in the way of that vision. Most likely in the future I will end up discarding the shield to go with a hand axe in each hand. Bow is certainly a secondary weapon choice for him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases