Recruiting: DT's Sword and Sorcery Campaign (BECMI/Wilderlands)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Other than Name and class (Fighter) is there anything you need from me?

We still need to develop you background. It can be as long or brief as you like, but in addition to what you already have added I'd like for you to explain what kind of skills your character learned. Since he was from an agrarian community, should we just say that he learned how to farm, take care of cattle, and such? What kind of labor has he been doing now? How about working the docks on occasion? Is he living in the slums or commons?

There are two nearby communities your character might come from. One is called Haghill, because it is said that a witch was buried on a nearby hill overlooking the settlement of 600. Also, there is a decrepit tower in the village that is said to be haunted. The ruler of the village is a generous man who shrugs off the superstitions and uses the able-bodied men to increase the defenses around the farmland. This village is about 15 miles from the City-State and is popular for the horses bred there.

Just outside the gates... about 10 miles, is the town of Darkfield, population 700. A cleric rules the town, but he is somewhat aloof. Darkfield is mostly a market center, though there are farms surrounding the town. A conclave of wizards have recently built a tower there.

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey DT,
My background is essentially done, I just need to doubel check some things with my partner in crime, er Queenie :p

You said we would be couriers or messengers to start right? I set jhim up as a messenger for the big magicians at the Overlord Academy.

But I figure all the messengers hang out at a local bar or a fountain or something where we all meet and know each other? Sound like a plan?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Fenris, that occupation will fit nicely with the initial adventure I have planned. Another PC may be a general laborer, which will also work great. I figure the PCs who do 'odd jobs' to get by all hang out in the same bar and have become close friends.

The characters will start out at the Tripping Trident Tavern, a place run by Magloc Nippy, a former sailor. The tavern caters to adventurers, sailors, brigands, buccaneers, mercenaries, and other questionable sorts. Sometimes extra work can be found there as vessels can and go from the nearby docks.

The Tripping Tavern is on Beggar's Street, and near Sea Brigand's Street.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Edvan Chelwhistle

Sorry for the delay. I've had a bad cold and creativity has been low. Anyway, brain power is on the upswing and I've a few ideas. How long ago was the last orc/goblin war? I'm thinking my pc's family were yeomanry and displaced by the fighting, retreated to the city, and eventually succumbed to an outbreak of illness. This left him alone in the city with maybe a slender connection to the guard because of his father's status. They may have thrown him an odd job once in a while but he mostly survives by playing the fipple flute in whatever tavern will pay him with a hot meal & a spot by the fire. He's not stupid but he's not the brightest by any means and he likely has a chronic cough, related to the illness that killed the rest of his family, caused damage to his lungs, and would account for his lower constitution. He wears his father's coat (a bit too large & decorative braid and brass buttons long sold for whatever coin they could bring), possibly inherited his father's longbow (depending on character wealth levels), and has a hand axe tucked into his belt. Hmm, name: Edvan Chelwhistle.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The last war was more than ten years ago, but there are still raids and skirmishes despite the end of overt hostilities. I like the idea of the coat and hand-axe, but I won't allow the longbow. Your characters will start off impovershed and needing work, and a longbow is a bit upscale for you. Instead, I'll allow a second hand-axe that can be thrown. Are you going with a fighter?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
GlassEye, I assumed you are going with a fighter and have updated your character sheet on the first post of this thread. Check it out and let me know what changes you want to make. I think your character is just about complete. We can trade the extra hand-axes for throwing daggers, a sling, or something similar if you want. We can also change the character to a thief if you prefer.

garyh

First Post
Here's my PC:

Name: Hilmdyn Windfinder
Class: Cleric
Level: 1
HP: 5
AC:

Strength: 15
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 15
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 8
Charisma: 15

Saving Throws

Poison or Death Ray: 11
Magic Wands: 12
Paralyzation or Turn to Stone: 14
Dragon Breath: 16
Rods/Staffs/Spells: 15

Weapons:

Armor:

Equipment:

XP: 0

History: Hilmdyn hales from the small frontier village of Hlymadle, over 100 miles from the City-State, and well outside its protection. Despite a childhood disease that sapped his stamina, Hilmdyn is very strong, and that combined with his common sense and force of personality, lead him to be an apprentice shaman for his village. A year ago, his village was under assualt from a death-worshipping cleric and his rough band of orcs and humans, and Hilmdyn was sent to the City-State to find aid. He found none, and now he's been drawn into the City-State, and does not know how his tribe has fared in his absence. Hilmdyn had been staying in the stables of the Tripping Trident Tavern, stretching the meager copper he had come to the City-State with as far as he could. When that ran out, though, he was forced to agree to stay on at the Trident as a laborer and occassional bouncer to keep a roof over his head and some small amount of food in his belly.

As for equipment, I'm thinking leather armor, a mace, and whatever gear you think appropriate, DT.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
garyh, I like the background and updates. I gave him a mace and a large, thick coat that is the equivalent of leather armor. I figure he sleeps with it on in the stables on cold nights. Have you made up a god to worship? Because of his origins, maybe a god of minerals or earth because of the mining or perhaps more of a nature god because of the agriculture of his town.

garyh

First Post
Thanks, and the leather/coat sounds good to me.

As for deity, how about Mhal, god of stone? A distant, uncaring deity, who is pleased most by bravery and determination (if you're thinking Crom, that's the angle I'm going for).

EDIT: In that case, I think I'll change Hilmdyn's last name to Stoneheart. A name with "wind" is an odd fit for a shaman of an earth deity. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases