[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

Looking up from his reading Eldwyn comments, "I'm seeing a lot of interesting stuff here, but I can seem to make sense of it all. Could these 'Servants of Bane' have been responsible for the fall of the old city?"

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance, Human Fighter|Wizard

"Indeed these books are most intriguing. A common thread that I am noticing is repeated reference to one called the Flamed One, whose name I am reluctant to actually speak, but it begins with 'Tyr.' Some of these books would seem to be of great value, and not only the one containing the 'scroll' or what seems to be at least some sort of magical writing. Tell me, what is this 'Pool of Radiance' that is mentioned so often?"

Thanee

First Post
Eldwyn and Kordunn recall what they learned on Sokol Keep.

[SBLOCK]There have been undead in Sokol Keep, indeed. They were the remains of the former guards, who were still defending the island keep against any intruders, bound by a powerful spell cast by high priest Ferran Martinez. Martinez himself still haunted the old keep's chapel as a spectre and was released, like the other guards' souls, when he was convinced, that his duty was done. He told the adventurers some useful knowledge, before he faded away. “You won't need the passcodes anymore, once I am gone, my spell will cease to exist as well, as it is bound to my very essence. The safety of Sokol Keep lies in your hands now. There are still some weapons in the armory, which might be of use for you. Walk right through the north wall and you will find them. Be careful, though, the hordes that once invaded the city were led by three dangerous beings, the very cause for Phlan's fall. Unblessed creatures imbued with the might of a magical pool. The great generals of the evil horde, Tyranthraxus, Edranka and Torath. With their powers they ruled and united all else, driving forward to destroy us all. The sage Mantor worked hard to gather records of all these things, but they are probably lost now, his library long since overrun.”[/SBLOCK]

Scotley

Hero
"Would that we knew more of this 'Pool of Radiance'. It seems to have given the evil attackers great power. Enough to overrun this land. Do you think there is more to be learned here?"

Leif

Adventurer

"I do not know what else is to be gained here. I'm not even sure why we sought out Mantor's library in the first place. Are these the books that you were looking for? Seems a waste of time, if this is all that you hoped to find here."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw's features returned to normal some minutes ago while he stood guard over the readers. He salutes Storm upon his return, filling him on the recent events.

In response to Emagor, Sir Dryw says, "If it's books that are wanted, it seems as if we've met with success. On the other hand, do we return to civilization and leave unmolested this evil presence Kordunn has detected? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea. What lairs here may hunt elsewhere, and town isn't too far."

Leif

Adventurer

Emagor sighs impatiently, "Oh, very well, then, I suppose that the price we must pay for the protection of your might is to give you free rein to have your little fun now and then. Do try not to get us killed, though, ok?"

Thanee

First Post
Kordunn's senses remain fixed on the presence he is feeling. It does not approach, but the paladin does notice that it is not completely stationary. It seems to move from time to time, within the constraints of the room. Considering, that the combat with the basilisk has made quite a bit of noise and the presence has not moved to investigate the noise yet, it seems unlikely at least, that it will.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases