[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Round 5

Battle Map - Round 5

Hard-pressed by the sahuagin mutant, Storm thrusts his longsword at the creature, but the blade is easily avoided. The hunter then disengages from his foe and maneuvers around it, but catches one of its four talons on the way. Fortunately, its not much more than a scratch.

Eldwyn nudges his mount back a bit and drops another stone into his sling. He is gratified by the 'thud' the stone makes as it smacks the nearest Sahuagin.

Sir Dryw struggles within the beast's belly. Conflicting forces clash within him: the shock of his injuries, his bolstered courage, the animalistic rage. He starts slashing and biting, almost devoid of reason but intent of ending his foe's life. When he sees a glimpse of light coming from a gaping hole in the giant frog's hide, Dryw realizes, that the creature must be dead, while he scrambles out of the ichor. Some acid burns on his skin also tell him, that it is a good idea to leave.

Remembering what they learned about the amulet, the giant frog at Sokol Keep had worn, Kordunn maneuvers around and uses the hooks on his ranseur to snatch the amulet off the frog in front of him. In the last moment, the large creature quickly turns around, foiling the dwarf's attempt, unfortunately.

As Peabody looks on uninterestedly, Emagor casts a spell of unluck on the fat amphibian creature, hoping that further attempts by his dwarven ally will prove more successful that way, but the frog prooves to be a tough one and shrugs off the magic before it can fully affect it.

The frog leaps away from Emagor and Kordunn, apparantly not fond of the attention, landing behind Storm, and its tongue zips towards the ranger. It wraps around the human and a moment later he is in the frog's mouth, watched by a pair of hungry eyes.

The orc urges his mount forward while drawing a greatsword from his backpack. Then he dismounts from his horse and assesses the situation trying to gauge where he might best be needed.

The remaining sahuagin focus their attacks on the adventurers. One of the warriors attacks Emagor, while the other goes for Eldwyn. Emagor is hit multiple times by the furious attacks, one talon even causing him a fairly deep wound. Eldwyn does not fare much better. The halfling also suffers two hits, as one talon viciously sinks into his flesh and the creature's fangs wound him further.

At the same time, the mutant moves closer to Kordunn, in order to attack him, but first the dwarf thrusts his ranseur in the creature's direction. Both attacks fail to hit their mark.

Dryw - severely wounded, fatigued, inspired, Rage, Test of Mettle, Aspect of Nature (Tooth and Claw)
Eldwyn - moderately wounded, inspired
Rover - unscathed, inspired
Emagor - moderately wounded, inspired, Greater Mage Armor
Peabody - unscathed, inspired
Grynth - unscathed
Screech - unscathed
Grynth's Horse - unscathed
Kordunn - unscathed, inspired, Mage Armor
Storm - scratched, inspired, grappling
Giant Frog I - lightly wounded, grappling
Giant Frog II - dying
Sahuagin Warrior I - lightly wounded
Sahuagin Warrior II - dying, Blood Frenzy
Sahuagin Warrior III - dying
Sahuagin Warrior IV - severely wounded, fatigued, Blood Frenzy, Test of Mettle
Sahuagin Mutant I - dying, Blood Frenzy
Sahuagin Mutant II - lightly wounded, Test of Mettle

[smallcaps]Combat Declarations (please post your combat actions into that thread, not here!)[/smallcaps]

Thanee

First Post
Round 6

Battle Map - Round 6

Storm struggles against the frog, but to no avail.

In the meantime, Eldwyn urges his mount back a step and launches a deadly accurate attack with his sling. The stone hits the fellow square in the chest, but perhaps not with as much force as Eldwyn hoped. Still, the sahuagin is staggering now and won't be lasting long.

The wounded, ichor-covered knight whirls left and right, and then sees his comrade in danger of being swallowed alive. With a savage growl, Dryw charges, half running, half bounding, his fanged maw stretched wide for the attack. He hits the frog, but the large creature will take a few more hits to be brought down for good.

"Emagor! I'll distract him while you move to his other side." Kordunn moves back a step beside the rubble to support Emagor by feinting with his ranseur to draw the warrior off guard. Then the dwarf spins and brings the ranseur down upon the mutant pursuing him, the blow powered by dwarven strength and divine might opening a deep wound on the mutant's chest.

Angry that he was caught off-guard by the Sahuagin he currently faces, Emagor draws steel and attacks for all he is worth. "Hold on tight, Peabody! It's going to get rough for a little bit now." The expertly executed attack almost fells the beast, one more such strike and it surely won't move ever again.

The frog decides, that one meal must be enough, and bounces off towards the river, while swallowing down the still struggling hunter. Dryw seizes the opportunity to cut its hide once more with his sharp claw, further wounding the creature. But will it be enough to be able to defeat it, before it enters the poisonous waters?

Grynth, the orcish newcomer, flies into a rage, and charges the one remaining Sahuagin Mutant. Kordunn is slightly worried for a moment, seeing the big orc run towards him, but as he swings his greatsword at the beast, the powerful attack cutting deeply into its side, it becomes clear that he seems more on their side.

The two remaining Sahuagin Warriors continue their savage attacks, but the fatigue from their wounds is showing in their feeble attempts. Emagor suffers one hit from a talon, all in all much weaker than the attacks before, while Eldwyn is spared completely. The mutant follows Kordunn and rains down on him with his four talon-tipped arms and vicious bite. The tough dwarf has to endure a serious of powerful blows, which open multiple wounds across his body. He surely can't stand another series of attacks like that.

Dryw - severely wounded, fatigued, inspired, Rage, Test of Mettle, Aspect of Nature (Tooth and Claw)
Grynth - unscathed, Rage
Screech - unscathed
Kordunn - severely wounded, fatigued, inspired, Mage Armor
Storm - lightly wounded, inspired, swallowed
Giant Frog I - moderately wounded
Giant Frog II - dying
Sahuagin Warrior I - severely wounded, fatigued, Blood Frenzy
Sahuagin Warrior IV - critically wounded, exhausted, Blood Frenzy, Test of Mettle
Sahuagin Mutant II - severely wounded, fatigued, Blood Frenzy, Test of Mettle

[smallcaps]Combat Declarations (please post your combat actions into that thread, not here!)[/smallcaps]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Round 7

Battle Map - Round 7

Eldwyn sees one of his companions savaged and decides he can do more good as a healer than a warrior. He urges his mount to bring him alongside Kordunn and calls upon the divine power of Urogalen to heal the dwarf.

Sir Dryw roars, sounding more like an enraged bear than a half-elf. He drops to all fours and rushes after the giant frog, loping some of the way on two legs. The wolfish knight's fangs snap mightily at the monstrous amphibian, wounding it once more.

Emagor, gravely concerned over Kordunn's physical state, but even more concerned that the frog which has swallowed Storm seems to be making its escape, says, "Here, Kordunn, hold this scaly fellow off for a moment whilst I evdeavor again to put a stop to the slimy amphibian's antics."

"A moment Emagor." Kordunn moves back a step so his ranseur is in position to slash either sahuigin and focuses. Divine positive energy flows into him, bringing him back to fighting vigor.

Emagor then disengages from the sahuagin and casts a spell, sending three magic missiles flying towards the fleeing frog. The projectiles hit unerringly and the large beast staggers, it won't be able to take even a single one of those missiles again, and it is already moving significantly slower now, maybe it will suffice now so Dryw can finish it before it reaches the poisonous water.

The giant frog withdraws from the wild knight and trudges towards the river, but its heavy wounds prevent it from reaching it just yet.

The large orc, that came into this battle all of a sudden, moves around the Sahuagin Mutant and expertly makes a slashing motion across its midsection, almost dropping the amphibian with the savage cut.

Eldwyn's opponent follows and attacks again, but the weak strike leaves nothing more than a scratch on the halfling's skin.

The remaining two sahuagin focus on Grynth now, flanking the orc together and clawing madly at him. Even in their weakened state, the sahuagin manage to hit the orc several times and opening a number of small cuts across his powerful body.

Grynth - moderately wounded, Rage
Screech - unscathed
Kordunn - lightly wounded, inspired, Mage Armor
Storm - lightly wounded, inspired, swallowed
Giant Frog I - critically wounded, exhausted
Giant Frog II - dying
Sahuagin Warrior I - severely wounded, fatigued, Blood Frenzy
Sahuagin Warrior IV - critically wounded, exhausted, Blood Frenzy, Test of Mettle
Sahuagin Mutant II - critically wounded, exhausted, Blood Frenzy, Test of Mettle

Thanee

First Post
Round 8

Battle Map - Round 8

The halfling urges his mount back out of reach of the sharkman's claws and looses another stone, which accurately hits the hideous foe in the head, dropping it dead.

Sir Dryw lunges after the giant frog, jaws snapping and claws slashing. The heavily wounded beast finally goes down, while Storm still struggles in its belly.

"Thank you Eldwyn. This orc appears to desire to aid us and oppose our enemies. I shall return the favor." Kordunn moves and brings about his ranseur upon the mutant sahuagin, distracting him from the orc.

Emagor casts a quick spell to aid his next strike and moves into the back of the sahuagin warrior, felling the fishman with an expertly executed attack.

Grynth attacks the distracted mutant once more. Under the combined attacks of Kordunn and the orcish warrior, the last of the sahuagin is on the ground.

The enemy is defeated!

Grynth - moderately wounded, Rage
Screech - unscathed
Kordunn - lightly wounded, inspired, Mage Armor
Storm - moderately wounded, inspired, swallowed
Giant Frog I - dying
Giant Frog II - dying
Sahuagin Warrior I - dying, Blood Frenzy
Sahuagin Warrior IV - dying, Blood Frenzy, Test of Mettle
Sahuagin Mutant II - dying, Blood Frenzy, Test of Mettle

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw staggers a bit, kicks the dying giant frog, and then collapses to his knees, his form shifting back to its normal appearance. His breathing is ragged. His fists pummel the muddy earth.

"Rage passing," he says to Eldwyn through clenched teeth. "I'll succumb...to injuries. Storm...still in that damned frog, but I think he'll live."

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance

Emagor will swallow forcefully and set about dissecting the giant frog, searching for Sir Dryw Storm. (Sorry for my mistake.)

"GULP! And I thought these blighters smelled bad...*SLICE, SLICE*... on the OUTSIDE!"

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Emagor has no trouble finding Sir Dryw, who is recovering from the exertion right next to him, and after some cutting through the thick hide and some icky stuff underneath, he also manages to get Storm free, who is still alive and quite thankful for the timely rescue before the digestive fluids could finish their work.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Thank you, Eldwyn," Sir Dryw says, still breathing heavily from his exertions. "When the beast rises up in my blood, I have great difficulty judging how much pain and abuse I've suffered. One of these days, it's likely to be the death of me. But, ah!, what a glorious death! Surely enough to make many a maiden weep for never having known me. Ha, ha!"

Remove ads