[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
“Oh? Where? Right here, right here,” the old man says, and points to the wall behind him.

Eldwyn does indeed see the holy symbol of Lathander on a simple chain around his neck.

Malachei

First Post
"Oh, may I?" Schnickschnack asks, lighting a candle and examining the old man's eyes. "Hm. No. Looks fine," he concludes, and continues "How many fingers are these? What's the color of my cloak? What is your name? What day is it today -- oh, well you would not know that, of course. But, well, how is the Morninglord's mess carried out, again?"

Finally, he nods, and walks over to the wall the old man has pointed at. Before touching it, he conducts a careful visual, thermal and olfactory inspection.

[sblock=OOC]

Schnickschnack tries to determine the mental state of mind the old man is in (sanity / insanity, etc.). He also tries to check the religious knowledge of the old man, in order to find out whether he is actually a cleric of Lathander.

After he's done this, he carefully searches the area the old man has indicated.

[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
“What? Uh... huh... sure...”

The old man does seem a little confused, but otherwise quite sane. He also can answer in great detail, how the ceremonies are conducted in the Morninglord's service.

Giving the wall a closer look, the Professor quickly finds deep carvings along the four sides of a square, as if a whole block has been carved out of the wall section, just that the block is still inside the wall. Considering how hard the stone is, he must have been working on this for several years, as a very rough estimate.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
You know, There is a spell that i know of that would help, but I am not a good enough of a caster to be able to do that.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"Do you speak of Stone Shape? I know the prayer for that one. If we rest here on the morrow I would be able to cast it. Perhaps even a couple of castings if need be."

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

Emagor clears his throat and says, "Yes, I believe that Stone Shape is one of those emanations of power that can be produced both my aracane manipulation of the essences and also by proper supplication of a higher (or a lower) power." Clearly, Emagor is feeling somewhat threatened by the fact that there is now a true Professor in the group.... ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Bah!" Eliath says from where he stands. "The man is mad and trying to dig a way out of here. I say we leave him to it."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"No more mad then the rest of us. Professor, on the map, and to the best of you ability to estamate, where are we in refrense to the outside?"

Malachei

First Post
The professor chuckled beningly, "Of course, my son, of course," ready to give his expert assessment on the current position, but not before offering his academic comment on the old man, "Mad? Who is mad here? Me? Not me, of course. I am just knowledgeable. To those of lesser intellectual means, the wise ones often appear mad... then, looking at the others, he stops, clears his throat, and starts anew "Well, where was I at? Ah, yes, position... so, this is the x-axis, and this is the y-axis, see? And this, indicated, is the tomographic scale. Now if we assume we have gone from here, 32° x and 44° y to here, 55° x and 67° y, then we would be over there, you can see, yeeees?"

Remove ads