[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"Yes, Eliath, foul smells aside, the proximity of this alcove to both the river and the foul alchemical laboratory leads me to question whether the alcove itself may play some role in the delivery system for whatever substance is befouling the river. That was our original mission, was it not? 'To find the source of the contamination of the river, and to stop it at the source'?? Well, it would seem to me that this alcove may very well play some vital role in the completion of that mission." Peabody gazes at his master with unbridled hero-worship!

[OOC: I sure hope I'm remembering the mission here correctly! Or was this on a different mission? Hmmm, if so, we might kill two birds with one stone!]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Earmy readies to cast magic mirror incase opf conflict.
(ready action: cast mirror image at first dign of conflict)

duration 5 mins.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Sensing a conflict is near, Eldwyn prays for the blessings of Urogalan on his companions. He readies his sling.

OOC: [sblock] Bless: Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. Duration 6 minutes.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=houserules reminder]
It took me a while to find it, but house rules state that spells with 1 minute per level duration last 10 minits pe level.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Waiting only a few more moments Eliath checks the door to see if it is locked or trapped and then readies to open it.

Thanee

First Post
The door opens without a problem, revealing a large room, maybe thirty feet wide and fourty feet deep. The stench is even stronger, now the door is open. The source of it quickly becomes apparant, as the adventurers look into the room. There are four large vats filled with thick, oily black stuff, not unlike that what flows from the fountain at the top of the pyramid. In three of the four vats, humanoid creatures can be seen, resting. They look like lizardmen on first glance, but not quite as natural as they usually are, but somewhat mutated, and they seem to be in great pain. The walls are, once more, lined with shelves containing various powders and liquids.

Since there is no imminent danger, even though those lizardmen do not exactly look friendly, Earmy decides to not yet cast his spell.

Leif

Adventurer

"I get the feeling that we should do something vile to these lizardfolk to ensure that whatever 'transformation' they may be undergoing now will not be successful. Thoughts, anyone?" Peabody just looks curiosly at the lizardmen, because, hey, he's a curious lizard!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"If this is the same foul stuff polluting the river than we have found the source, see if you can find a way to stop it. I will keep an eye on the lizards." Eliath says cautiously entering and stepping aside to let the others through.

Scott DeWar

"Careful, they may be able to underatand us", Whisper Earmy. In a voice loud enough for normal conversation he says to the neares one, "Can you understand me?"

Leif

Adventurer

"I am a Diviner, so most of my spells will not be of help in dealing directly with the foul substance. However, perhaps I can learn something about the nature of the stuff...."

Emagor casts Arcane Sight and examines the stuff closely for a full minute, or until he has learned all that he can learn about it.

Remove ads