[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"I think perhaps we should worry first about stopping the flow of filth and then worry about the steps to follow. I may have been getting ahead of myself before, sorry."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I think we have stopped the flow. They were filling that vat and using a bellows to pump it out. stop the combination of ingredients and there is nothing to pump out. the bellows has stopped as well. As for proof, we can behead the wizard and bring the proof back from his writings that we have confiscated this far."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Gruesome and not proof," Eliath states crossing his arms. "There must be a reason why he was doing this. Maybe a journal or notes would be better. Or..."

Eliath thinks a moment then says in shock. "How do we get out of here! I was just thinking if we were to beat the flow of black poison to the city and tell them it would soon end then that would prove we had accomplished the deed. But how do we get out of this place? It doesn't exactly have a front door."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Well, perhaps some proof to the lizard folk here is the first order. I need to unshackle them, then maybe they can help us with the proof we need." He pulls out his picks and points to the shacksles. in draconic he says, "let me free you"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

Also speaking Draconic, Emagor says to the captive lizard men, "Can you tell us about the ones who chained you here? Where are they now?" [Peabody wishes that he knew Draconic. Heck, he wishes he was a Dragon!]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
The lizardmen offer any assistance they can to Earmy, so he can free them from their shackles.

The party talks to them for a while, learning that they have been enslaved here for quite some time now. They know about the horrible experiments, Yarash has been doing on their kin and others, and they are sure that they would have suffered that very same fate themselves, eventually.

Even though, they were used for hard labor here, they are not dumb and have observed a lot of details over time, hoping to eventually make use of their knowledge in an attempt to get free.

One very important thing they have seen is, that the wizard has a teleporting pad in his study, which he used to get out. They also know of a secret door in his study, which leads to the outside of the pyramid. There are other captives in here, and they wish to free them, too. They know how to do it, and now that the wizard's might has been broken and he is no threat anymore, they are sure, that they will be fine.

Searching Yarash's study reveals the teleporter and the secret door, as well as two interesting books. His spellbook (details will be added to the INFO thread soon) and a journal, which details his gruesome plans. Apparantly he was trying to build an army of mutated fishmen and other aquatics, in order to dominate the Moonsea eventually. His plans were laid out for decades, he was already working on them for about three. The contamination was meant to destroy the natural balance of the region, leaving his adapted creatures in the superior position. And with hundreds or thousands of them, he would be the supreme master of the region. There are also a lot of valuables there, which total about thirty thousand gold pieces.

Stopping the pumps is not difficult with the help of the lizardmen, who know how to operate them. They can be safely destroyed now. The black stuff was created by some sort of alchemical process by Yarash himself, the lizardmen do not know much about this, and there have been no notes. Hopefully, the wizard has taken the knowledge with him to his grave.

In order to thank the adventurers for their freedom, the lizardmen pledge the assistance of their tribe to them. They live in the swamps many days to the north-east from Phlan. While they will probably be of little use for the tasks inside Phlan, they can offer a safe camp in the wilderness, if needed, and their chieftain is very old and wise and has seen a lot of things. He has been here even before the dragon army raided the region. Maybe he will be able to offer some valuable information.

The lizardmen teach the adventurers a secret word, which to them means 'Special Friend'. They shall speak it loudly while they approach their settlement, and no harm shall come to them.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
OOC: Yep. They are gone.

Actually, you guys are done there. Unless anything holds you, you could wrap it up and head back now.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ahhh! Fresh air!" Eliath exclaims as the group moves out of the pyramid and into the sun once more. "It felt like we were down there forever instead of a few hours."

He helps in the search (and makes sure to collect at least his half of the treaure) and then freeing of the other prisoners. When the lizardman tell of their assistance he nods in acceptance. "One can not have to many friends when it comes to battling evil."

He then looks over all the others. "And since one can not have to many friends, I would like to join the rest of you in any further undertakings. If you will have me."

Leif

Adventurer

"Getting a little greedy there, aren't you?" says Emagor as Eliath grabs fully half of the loot. "Our usual practice is to share equally in any treasure that we find." ;) "I can't speak for everyone, but Peabody and I would be happy to count you among the group. One thing, though, we've got to have a serious talk about you bogarting the treasure like that."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases