[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Scotley

Hero
"I would welcome you friend Eliath. We will need to find an equitable way to divide the spoils and our reward once we return to the city. I would also suggest that we acquire a new wand or two for healing. I exhausted the one we've been using. We seem to get hurt with disturbing frequency. Perhaps a protective item or two would be in order as well?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I only meant to make sure we collected everything of value, Master Gnome. I would be sure to add it to the spoils once we set about dividing them up." ;) Eliath says with a slight cough.

"Let's return to the city then. If I remember correctly they had more "jobs" for an enterprising group."

Thanee

First Post
Peering outside through the secret door, the adventurers notice that it is quite dark already. They must have been in here for several hours, and it was afternoon already when they arrived.

Also, there is one little problem with the exit. It is rather high above the ground and there are no stairs or steps or anything. Just the smooth stone exterior of the pyramid. It should be possible to skid down there, but it does seem a little risky.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"I only meant to make sure we collected everything of value, Master Gnome. I would be sure to add it to the spoils once we set about dividing them up." ;) Eliath says with a slight cough.

"Let's return to the city then. If I remember correctly they had more "jobs" for an enterprising group."
"Who are you calling a gnome, anyway," asks Emagor the human wizard? Peabody just shrugs.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: how far down is it?
Earmy pulls out a coil of rope, then a second and a third and a forth. he starts tying all the coils together. He then looks for something to loop around.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Who are you calling a gnome, anyway," asks Emagor the human wizard? Peabody just shrugs.

OCC: That's what I get for not having the RG linked in my subscriptions. If there is an RG?

Eliath looks at the human confused. "Sorry did I say gnome? You do remind me of an illusionist I once knew. And he was always trying to make himself taller."

Thanee

First Post
OOC: Doh, I really meant to update this a good while ago already... sorry for the delay! :eek:

Earmy has no trouble finding something suitably sturdy to attach the rope to, there is plenty machinery around. With about fifty feet of rope, he manages to provide the means to get down to the island without too much trouble and risk of injury.

One by one, the adventurers descent along the outer wall of the pyramid, careful not to slip and fall. When they are all at the bottom, they breathe a sigh of relief, finally being able to leave that wretched place.

The thought of having really accomplished something here soon sets in, when they look up to the top of the pyramid and see the lack of the foul, black fountain; the beginning of a long process that will eventually bring back life to the riverside and the river itself.

The makeshift raft they used to get to the island is still there, and it is no problem to get back to the other side again.

From there, the party begins the long walk (or ride) back to Phlan.

Thanee

First Post
1348 DR, Day 16 of Mirtul (spring)

Since it was going dark already, after they had crossed the river, the adventurers only travelled for about an hour before making camp for the night.

On the next morning, they continue their journey southwards along the Barren River.

It is almost afternoon, when they come to the area with the strange mounds again. Nothing has changed here, really, from the first time they saw them.

Thanee

First Post
1348 DR, Day 17 of Mirtul (spring)

Having left the area of the strange mounds behind them, the adventurers have made camp a few hours later.

On the following day, they travel the rest of the distance southwards along the Barren River, until the familiar sight of the ancient city of Phlan comes into view.

On the evening, they set over the river with the help of one of the ships, and thus are finally back in the civilized portion of the city.

Near the harbor, they notice a few interesting-looking market stands that are just being packed up, unfortunately, but the merchant - who is apparantly selling all kinds of magical merchandise, the type adventurers might consider handy - reassures them, that he will be back at this place in the morning.

It's getting dark already, so the party returns to the Bitter Blade, where they have their rooms. While they have important news for the Council, they probably will only find it closed at this hour, so it has to wait until the next morning as well.

Scotley

Hero
"Given the hour I say we find ourselves a hot meal and a cold drink. Perhaps a bath would be in order before we present ourselves to the council," he adds wrinkling his nose at his road weary companions.

Remove ads