[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"Quite alright, my good halfling. Say, is there a crystal for armor that will work on a cloak? Or, perhaps you have a Cloak of protection? And would such a crystal function on a Cloak of that type?"

Malachei

First Post
The professor was about to start a lecture on the properties of magical items, but then gets carried away:

"One of my most-often cited works, Magic Items on the Body, was just a short treatise on the body slot affinity problem and how it reflects in item creation. I had never expected it would spur such a huge scholarly debate. There was even a commentary from this guy from Shadowdale, but this one is clearly more a practical-minded fellow, and not a true scholar."

He shrugs and arranges his glasses. About to set off on a major rant on the relevance of theoretical magical studies, somehow a hint of reflection outpaces him, and he realizes this is actually a distribution problem. Distribution, the non-mathematical kind, was taught by a colleague, a greedy dwarf (is there another kind?, the professor thinks) named Burgen Volldampf.

When Schnickschnack had carefully and cautiously hinted at a connection between their fields and possible cooperation, the dwarf had just stared at him, with a deep frown, for a very long time, and then made a throat-clearing sound that Schnickschnack still, after so many years, finds akin to a troll's, when they spot something they'd like to have for dinner.

The gnome shudders in remembrance, and quickly opens a book to distract himself.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
The merchant responds to the various questions, the adventurers have.

“I am from the Dalelands, my friend, and there are quite a few halfling adventurers there, so I should have no trouble getting you a fitting armor. I'm afraid, I do not have one with me, but I can get one here in a matter of days. We will just have to have a clear idea on what kind of enchantments you are looking for, and I will see what I can do.

As for the crystals, that should be no problem either. I have a small selection here with me, and I can get others, too.

Those crystals require a weapon or a suit of armor to work their magic, alas, cloaks won't do. A protective cloak, however, I have right here. This one is only with a minor enchantment, but quite affordable at one thousand gold pieces, and the one over there is a bit stronger, but also the price is four times higher.

That wand... heh, that one isn't enchanted at all, or anymore, I might say. I just keep it for sentimental value and as a pointing device. It is not for sale.”

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Earmy inquires of the merchant the possibility of finding someone to do som weapon and armor enchantment.

[wishing to enchant mitral chain shirt to +2 for 4000 gp]
[wishing to enchant rapier to ghost touch for 6000 gp]
[wishing to purchase the following scrolls:

BITE OF THE WERERAT [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
CHAIN MISSILE [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
RAINBOW BLAST [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
RESONATING BOLT [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
RUST RAY [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
STEELDANCE [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
Fireball [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
Lightning Bolt [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
Keen Edge [level 3 cost: 375 gp]
Rainbow Blast [level 3 cost: 375 gp]

total cost: 3750 gp

[wishing to purchase the following items:]
everlasting rations (MIC PG 160) cost 350 gp
Sepulchral Vest (MIC PG 133) cost 2000 gp
Boots of agile leaping (MIC PG 76) cost 600 gp
Belt of hidden pockets (MIC PG 74) cost 5000 gp

total for wish list 21,700 gp

Thanee

First Post
The merchant takes Earmy's order and ensures him, that he can bring those items with him during his next visit in a few days. For the further enchanting of the weapons and armor, he mentions a wizard, who lives here, and who should be able to help him with that task. His name is Denlor, and he lives in a small tower in the civilized parts of New Phlan.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance (and Peabody)

"Mind if we join you, Earmy? Betcha this bloke's got something I want, too."

Thanee

First Post
It is not a very long walk from the harbor to the wizard's tower, New Phlan is only a small portion of the whole city and everything is fairly close together there.

When the adventurers knock on the door, an older man in robes opens after a moment and the wizard Denlor welcomes them to his tower.

After Earmy explains the kind of enchantments he wishes to enlist his aid for, the wizard ensures him, that this is very well in his capability and that he can certainly take his armor and weapon and enchant it further (for the usual price, of course).

He then asks, if there is anything else he can do.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases