Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel [OOC]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Scott DeWar, nope, that's not the reference. Keep trying. :D As for your character, the skills check out. However, you may now want to consider a different feat as Magical Aptitude is now half-useless until you pick up a rank in Use Magic Device. Your gold checks out except that you have "Ink x2" listed, but only paid for one. You'll need to either adjust that down to one ink or take off 8 more gold pieces.

Yttermayn, with the background, the best place to put your character is in the ravine that the adventure takes place in. The only issue with that is that you may end up not joining the group for a bit, since the other PCs will be in Oakhurst to begin with. The other problem, of course, is that the other PCs may mistake your character for an enemy, IC. On the character's stats, I'm going to ask that you change the feat to Ability Focus (Poison). It has exactly the same mechanical effect and keeps her in line with the other PCs as far as sources go. If the campaign gets to the point where Savage Species becomes available for feats and spells and such (the progressions don't count since I've revised those personally ;)), then she'll be able to take Virulent Poison as well and it will stack with Abilty Focus (Poison). Finally, in regards to gear, she does have 50 gp to play with at 1st level. Given the background, having no gear is perfectly fine, but she may have acquired a few shiny trinkets from other creatures that have wandered too close to her lair. All that said...super nifty character. I like it. :D

Yttermayn

First Post
Thank you. I took virulent poison so that I could upgrade to deadly poison later, but I'll do as the GM suggests. I will also consider what sort of trinkets she may have acquired. I more or less kinda figured on Merenita living in or near the ravine, as well as her probably not meeting with the characters immediately. Sorry if this is using player knowledge, the ravine is about all I remember of the adventure anyways, and I thought I'd make her introduction easy for you and interesting for us. ;-) Go ahead and start the IC, I can make the tweaks while you are running. Besides, my workday today could be a long one and not leave me much opportunity to post after this.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Scott DeWar, nope, that's not the reference. Keep trying. :D As for your character, the skills check out. However, you may now want to consider a different feat as Magical Aptitude is now half-useless until you pick up a rank in Use Magic Device. Your gold checks out except that you have "Ink x2" listed, but only paid for one. You'll need to either adjust that down to one ink or take off 8 more gold pieces.

**sigh** I copied the basic format from another character in another thread. there must have been mistakes in the character there.

the following changes were made...
ommited magical aptitude and replaced with spell focus: conjuration
reduced qty of inc to 1
scrached head and racked brains for obscure refrence but came up blank.
moved character to post in rg thread and made entry in signature

Walking Dad

First Post
Hey, sorry. Will be able to complete character and do first IC post Tuesday at the earliest. Any special naming conventions for sylvan elves?

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Hey, sorry. Will be able to complete character and do first IC post Tuesday at the earliest. Any special naming conventions for sylvan elves?

Sylvan elves in this setting tend to have descriptive clan names (Stormbow, Wisebear etc), similar to the Qualine high elves (Silverbrook, Moonpetal, etc), but usually dealing with weapons or animals, where-as Qualine clan names are more often associated with abstract concepts and geographical features. First names vary considerably.

Yttermayn

First Post
Ok, I updated the feat, the items, and took a little more artistic license with Merenita's description.

One other thing: Can Merenita excrete her own silk and decend/ascend on it?

Last edited:

Remove ads