Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel [OOC]

Yttermayn

First Post
Ok, kewl. How about when she developes that web-chucking ability? Oh, and what's going on with Dark Horizons? It's been dead for days...

Yttermayn

First Post
Arkhandus: Brilliant. I hear Stonekennel's voice in my head, and it makes my head hurt even though I'm grinning like an idiot. Props.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I'll check in on DH here in a few minutes...I think we're still waiting on a player post.

Again, no, as the web ability doesn't have the versatility of the web-spinning monstrous spider's ability. Aranea don't have the amount of control over the ability to lower themselves on strands or create sheets of anchored webbing.

Yttermayn

First Post
OK, good enough. Guess they are physiologically more like jumping spiders. Well, even they use anchor lines a little. I'm thinking arenea evolved to be intelligent, and with better offensive use of silk glands, sacrificing them for use as rigging. The fact that she used a strand of silk to float away in the first part of her lifecycle is explained by the fact that the hatchlings are a pre-pubescent form. Upon puberty, the silk glands in the abdomen stop functioning and the ones (presumably) in the throat start to develop as the energy and materials for silk production are repurposed. I know, this dosn't fit all too well with real spider biology, but hey, it's a magical world, and I'm sure the gaming gods would rather have throat silk glands than have a hybrid Merenita point her butt at the enemies and shoot silk out of it!

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I was thinking of doing a Spider-Man thing and having it come out of their wrists, but mouth works, too. ;) The note on their change shape ability specifically says that a succesful Spot check notices both fangs and spinnerets, but makes no mention of where those spinnerets are located.

Hint #2 for the obsure reference: The shapechanging spider ninja and the shapechanging winged werewolf paladin would have to be robots to fit the reference better.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases