Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel [OOC]

Atanatotatos

First Post
note:Athanil was slightly changed. Didn't really like him having spear and shield, didn't fit my image. So I gave him a quarterstaff. Gold and AC properly changed. I also prepared Shillelagh in the place of charm animal. Also, I had seen him in this thread, but I've lost our cleric now. We have one, right?

Yttermayn

First Post
I was thinking of doing a Spider-Man thing and having it come out of their wrists, but mouth works, too. ;) The note on their change shape ability specifically says that a succesful Spot check notices both fangs and spinnerets, but makes no mention of where those spinnerets are located.

Hint #2 for the obsure reference: The shapechanging spider ninja and the shapechanging winged werewolf paladin would have to be robots to fit the reference better.

At least my way the spinnerets are somewhere near the digestive tract... Imagine what a different kind of movie spider-man would be if Toby McGuire was shooting webs out of a more anatomically correct place!

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Hehehe. Ew.

The comic book and older cartoon versions at least made a little more sci-fi sense in that regard (Peter inventing web shooters, instead of the webs being part of his suite of powers).

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! 5 bonus xp for Arkhandus' character. :D

By the way, I'll be tracking xp in the first post of the Rogue's Gallery, for ease of reference.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ewwwww! are you saying silk is her excrement?!

on another note, more clean any way, can she excreate silk for cloth purposes? i have heard of the japanese farming black widows for their silk in the 1970's and 80's.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
All companion critters (animal companions, trained pets, etc) will be handled by the player, but the player must make the appropriate Handle Animal checks (and take the associated action, usually a Move Action or a free action for characters with the Animal Companion feat) in order to get the critter to do what the character wants it to (a trick that the animal knows). Critters will follow the character around and defend themselves if attacked (for which the player makes the rolls) if not ordered to do a trick.

I will occassionally "take over" a companion critter, especially if the critter moves beyond the character's line of sight or hearing or it is important to the story.

Familiars (and other semi-sentient companions) are a little different obviously, but will still be mostly handled by the player.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
In my setting, at least, Aranea silk is used by the Aranea themselves and by the drow for luxury clothing (noble and royal outfits), so yes, it could be used for that purpose.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases