Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel [OOC]

dimsdale

First Post
Is this game still accepting characters? I'm interested and could have a character built shortly. I will select like Vlastos based on what hasn't been chosen yet.

Dimsdale

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Is this game still accepting characters? I'm interested and could have a character built shortly. I will select like Vlastos based on what hasn't been chosen yet.

Dimsdale

The only folks who have "dibs" so far are ethandrew and Scott DeWar as they are players from my other PbP. :D

Have a gander at the concepts so far and submit a character sheet. ;)

Max

First Post
Kelset

Ok, attached is my character submission - character sheet and more detailed background. I ran the character through PCGen but haven't double checked everything yet. Should be very close to final though. I also only grabbed the major equipment, I'll get the small stuff later.

Needless to say, any details can be changed to fit the requirements of the game.

thanks,

Max
View attachment Kelset.TXT

View attachment Kelset the Barbarian.doc

Thanee

First Post
Heh. I was originally thinking about a Wood Elf Barbarian (with the Whirling Frenzy UA Rage variant, if that one is ok with you, since it seems a better fit for an elven barbarian), not sure if you would like two Barbarians, though. ;)

Of course, I could just as well make a Fighter or Ranger (or Fighter/Ranger) for some more diversity. Let me know, what you think. :)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Here are two character proposals.

Bye
Thanee

* * * * *​

[SBLOCK=Wood Elf Barbarian]No, the other one...
[SBLOCK]Aeryn
female Wood Elf, 1st-level Barbarian
Medium Humanoid (Elf)

Hit Dice: 1d12+1 (13 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 40 ft.
Armor Class: 16[18] (+3 Dex, +3 armor, [+2 shield]), touch 13, flat-footed 13[15]
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+5
Attack: Greatsword +5 melee (2d6+6/19-20) or Flail +5 melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: Greatsword +5 melee (2d6+6/19-20) or Flail +5 melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 5ft./5ft.
Special Attacks: Whirling Frenzy 1/day
Special Qualities: Elf Traits, Fast Movement, Illiteracy
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 vs enchantments)
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills: Jump* +10(2), Listen +8(4), Spot +6(2cc), Survival +6(4), Swim** +6(2); * Armor Check Penalty -1/-2
Feats: Simple Weapon Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Light Armor Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency, Shield Proficiency (except Tower Shield), Power Attack
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Aeryn stands 5 ft. and 6 in. tall and weighs 107 pounds. She is 107 years old. Her long, copper hair is worn in a single braid, a few strands of hair framing the fine-featured face with emerald eyes. Her slender figure is dressed in comfortable leathers. Along with her backpack and a grey-green cloak, she wears a wooden shield and a sheath on her back, which holds her greatsword. A flail is attached to her backpack, and a dagger is strapped to her right thigh.

Aeryn speaks Common and Elven.

Equipment: Greatsword, Flail, Dagger, Studded Leather Armor, Heavy Wooden Shield, Traveler's Outfit, Backpack, Bedroll, Winter Blanket, Belt Pouch, Flint and Steel, Sack, Waterskin; 2 gp, 3 sp, 0 cp.

Background: Aeryn comes from the north, from the Sylvan Court, where she was part of a small elven barbarian tribe. As it is custom to them, all young warriors have to prove themselves out in the wild and due to their longevity the process can take years or even decades, before they return to their homelands. Some stay away forever. Aeryn travelled south where she came to the small community of Ossington, eventually.

<to be continued...>[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

* * * * *​

[SBLOCK=Human Fighter]Lenya
female Human, 1st-level Fighter
Medium Humanoid (Human)

Hit Dice: 1d10+2 (12 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 16[18] (+2 Dex, +4 armor, [+2 shield]), touch 12, flat-footed 14[16]
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+4
Attack: Guisarme +4 melee (2d4+4/x3) or Longsword +4 melee (1d8+3/19-20) or Flail +4 melee (1d8+3)
Full Attack: Guisarme +4 melee (2d4+4/x3) or Longsword +4 melee (1d8+3/19-20) or Flail +4 melee (1d8+3)
Space/Reach: 5ft./5ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: -
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Climb* +7(4), Jump* +7(4), Listen +3(2cc), Spot +3(2cc), Swim** +7(4); * Armor Check Penalty -2/-2
Feats: Simple Weapon Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Light Armor Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency, Heavy Armor Proficiency, Shield Proficiency, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Combat Reflexes
Alignment: Neutral

Lenya stands 5 ft. and 8 in. tall, with an athletic physique from years of practice. She is 19 years old. Lenya has shoulder-long, auburn hair and green eyes, revealing her Trandaran ancestry. Her slender body is wrapped in brown leathers and protected by a chainshirt. At her side, she has a longsword and a dagger, a flail and a wooden shield are attached to her backpack, and in her hands she carries a wicked polearm with a hooked blade.

Lenya speaks Common, <LANGUAGE> and <LANGUAGE>.

Equipment: Guisarme, Longsword, Flail, Dagger, Chainshirt, Heavy Wooden Shield, Traveler's Outfit, Backpack, Bedroll, Winter Blanket, Belt Pouch, Flint and Steel, Sack, Waterskin; 3 gp, 3 sp, 0 cp.

Background: Hailing from Drylake, Lenya's parents originated from Trandar but got swept to the port city in the past, where they found a new home. Lenya had always liked being outdoors, climbing the trees or swimming in the ocean. All the foreign people in the tradepost irritated her, and so she often kept to herself. She quickly learned, that there are dangers lurking everywhere and it didn't take long until she learned how to defend herself, and she proved to be quite talented, too. It was the path she wanted to go, and so she went, undergoing rigorous training every day, becoming the warrior she is today.

<to be continued...>

In an encounter with a goblin band, she got a cut across the left eye, the scar that is still visible always reminds her of her carelessness on that day. While the eye was only slightly hurt, it's twitching sometimes, but its mostly a minor nuisance.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Max, I haven't done a complete inspection of the stats, but the background looks very good. I like it. :D

Thanee, also haven't inspected the stats, but the backgrounds are great. I like them both, and the barbarian is different enough that both concepts would add variety to the group. Lenya would lend the group a slightly more local perspective, however. On a sidenote, I'm not terribly fond of Flaws, so I won't be using them...the scar and eye twitch are still fun RP elements, however. :D

All, I'll be doing a more thorough inspection of stats once a few more character sheets are submitted.

maddmic

Explorer
Greetings all!

I'm contemplating a Human Paladin of Heironeous from Narsven.

I'll work on everything tonight. What are you looking for as far as posting requirements are concerned?

Sorry for the shortness and crudeness of the background, but this is something that I just threw together and it's late in the day for me. :)

Brief background:

Darik hadn't signed up for this. Well, in actuality he had, but he didn't want to admit it. He had followed in his father's footsteps in service to Narsven, yet he had done so through the church of Heironeous at the behest of his mother. She had somehow felt that entering into the church's service would spare him the grueling task of being a footsoldier like his father before him. He had been prepared to go west to join the forces which patrolled the Trandar border. His church though had a different task in mind.

No, he was not going west. He was heading south to the country Dydd and a small town by the name Oakhurst. It seemed that there was some disturbance in the area and a group had gone missing. Because his church was the closest to the southern border, he was sent to investigate. As the Trandarians are always looking for an advantage and regardless of how remote of a possibility it was, Darik was sent to ensure that there was nothing happening with regards to the followers of Hextor.

Last edited:

Remove ads