Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel [OOC]

Yttermayn

First Post
Ok, I am digging the idea of a fey-based sorcerer. What are the chances of him prestige-ing into the fey equivalent of a dragon disciple? Willing to work with me on what that might look like if the game gets that far? ;) I'm going with human or elf right now unless something appropriate in savage species catches my eye. Rhodri Ap G'win is his name. Are there any fey-like beings in the Monkey-progression charts that have a 0 level adjustment? I want to concentrate on the sorcerer aspect of the character, since the sorcerer is already a bit castrated for spell levels. But, I would like to give it a good strong dose of fey flavor...

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I've house ruled that monster progression characters can multi-class at any time during their progressions, so, you could take a critter that normally has LA and racial HD and just use the base racial stats, not progressing in the monster progression, at least until you get your Sorcerer levels where you want them.

Some good fey or fey-like critters that I've already done the progression revisions for: Aranea, Ghaele Eladrin, Pixie.

Some good fey or fey-like critters that I can work up progression revisions for: Grig, Nixie, Satyr, Nymph.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
As much as I'd like to be involved with this game I don't think I'm going to be able to keep up the pace, so I'm respectfully withdrawing my interest.

Max

First Post
Ok, here is the revised Kelset as a cleric of Kord. Let me know how it looks.

Max

Attachments

• Kelset.TXT
    14.4 KB · Views: 82

Yttermayn

First Post
Can you provide a link to those races you already progressed? During my work week I have to do this almost entirely on my mobile and its a pain in the butt to do a lot of searching. Thanks for your patience, C.M.
I've house ruled that monster progression characters can multi-class at any time during their progressions, so, you could take a critter that normally has LA and racial HD and just use the base racial stats, not progressing in the monster progression, at least until you get your Sorcerer levels where you want them.

Some good fey or fey-like critters that I've already done the progression revisions for: Aranea, Ghaele Eladrin, Pixie.

Some good fey or fey-like critters that I can work up progression revisions for: Grig, Nixie, Satyr, Nymph.

Arkhandus

First Post
If there's any room left, I'm interested. Hadn't expected you to make a decision so soon about what to run. ^_^;;

Need to see what others have mentioned as their character concepts before I decide what kind of character to submit. For a published adventure, even if customized by the DM, I'd like to be sure the basics are covered.

Edit: Looks like we needs us a new rogue!

I'm tempted to give him a silly accent just because I don't get to play characters with funny accents very often. ^_^

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
The Savage elven bard (old character. Will change as I progress

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Finlil Nightingale
[B]Class:[/B] Savage Bard
[B]Race:[/B] Sylvan Elf
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] C/G
[B]Deity:[/B] ?

[B]Abilities:[/B]                [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Str:[/B] 14(04pt) [+2] 
[B]Dex:[/B] 16(06pt) [+1]     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 7 (d6+1) Dam.: -*
[B]Con:[/B] 12(06pt) [+2]     [B]Grapple:[/B] +2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] ---
[B]Int:[/B] 12(06pt) [+1]     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'                [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 12(04pt) [+2]     [B]Init:[/B] +3                  [B]Spell Save:[/B] +2
[B]Cha:[/B] 14(06pt) [+1]     [B]ACP:[/B]  -?                  [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]      10     4     2    1     -      -     -     17
[B]Touch:[/B] 11
[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 16    

SAVES:
                     [B]Base   Abil Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                +2       +2               +4
[B]Ref:[/B]                  0       +1               +1
[B]Will:[/B]                +2       +2               +4

[B]Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical[/B]
Morningstar              +2        1d8+2          20/X2
Dagger (ranged)          +1        1d4+2       19-20/X2    Range:  10 feet
L. Crossbow              +1        1d8         19-20/X2    Range:  80 feet

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven

[B]Abilities:[/B]
Elf + Bard (details later

[B]Feats:[/B]
1: TWF

[B]Skills[/B] all maxed:
Survival
Tumble
Use magic Device
Perform
Bluff
Hide
Move Silently

[B]CL:[/B] 1
[B]Spells Known[/B]
[B]0 Level:[/B]  Dancing Lights, Detect Magic
Can cast 2 level 0 spells per day.

[B]Equipment[/B]: (starting 200gp)
Sorry will still take till tomorrow :blush:

Animal Companion: Wolf named Grey.

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Reveille, thanks for the heads up and good gaming to you. :D

Yttermayn, I'll try to put all of the progressions I mentioned that are already done up on the campaign setting thread sometime today.

Arkhandus, welcome aboard! :D In previous campaigns set in this version of the world (going all the way back to the early 1990s), Narsven has always had a bit of a French flair to it...just don't get too silly with it...don't want to offend the real French folks hanging around (Amaury, for one). ;) Or, you can slap a "silly" accent on a non-human character if you like. :D

All, I know said this yesterday but I'm hoping to inspect all the character stats that have been submitted so far today. Stay tuned.

Arkhandus

First Post
Heheh. Well, I don't wanna offend the French, anyway, so....

As it stands, I've got a hill dwarf rogue nearly done. Probably going to talk like a hillbilly. ^_^ Maybe he spent too much time around the humans living in the Appalachians....

Arkhandus

First Post
Vardok Stonekennel

[sblock=Vardok]Vardok Stonekennel....Male Hill Dwarf, XP: 0
Strength.........16 (+3).....Character Level: 1, Rogue 1
Dexterity.......15 (+2).....Medium-Size, Speed 20 ft.
Constitution...16 (+3).....Initiative: +2, BAB: +0, Grapple: +3
Intelligence....14 (+2)......Melee: +3, Ranged: +2
Wisdom........10 (+0)......Total HP: 9, Current HP: 9, Nonlethal: 0
Charisma.......6 (-2)........Fortitude: +3/+5/+7, Reflex: +4/+6, Will: +0/+2

Normal AC: 14 (+2 Dex, +4 leather), Touch AC: 12, Flat-Footed AC: 12
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, Patron Deity: Moradin
Age 48, Birthdate 7/15/5102, Height 4'-2", Weight 159 lbs.
Tan Skin, Steel Blue Eyes, Short Red Hair & Scruffy Beard

Attacks:
Heavy mace +3 melee for 1d8+3 damage
Two-handed heavy mace +3 melee for 1d8+4 damage
Short sword +3 melee for 1d6+3 damage
Sap +3 melee for 1d6+3 nonlethal damage
Dagger +3 melee for 1d4+3 damage
Dagger +2 ranged for 1d4+3 damage (10 ft. increment, 50 max)

TWF heavy mace +1 melee for 1d8+3 damage and short sword +1 melee for 1d6+1 damage
TWF daggers +0 ranged for 1d4+3 damage and +0 ranged for 1d4+1 damage

Languages (Literate): Common, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin.
Proficiencies: Simple weapons, hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, short sword, and light armors.
Level Progression Feat: Two-Weapon Fighting.

Skills: Appraise +5 (1 rank, +2 Int, +2 racial), Climb +5 (2 ranks, +3 Str), Craft (masonry) +5 (1 rank, +2 Int, +2 racial), Disable Device +6 (4 ranks, +2 Int), Handle Animal +0 (2 ranks cross-class, -2 Cha), Hide +6 (4 ranks, +2 Dex), Knowledge (local - Taernok) +4 (1 rank, +3 Int), Listen +2 (2 ranks, +0 Wis), Move Silently +6 (4 ranks, +2 Dex), Open Lock +6 (4 ranks, +2 Dex), Search +6 (4 ranks, +2 Int), Spot +2 (2 ranks, +0 Wis), Swim +4 (1 rank, +3 Str), Tumble +5 (3 ranks, +2 Dex), Use Rope +5 (3 ranks, +2 Dex).

Racial Traits: Medium-size humanoid (dwarf), +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma, base Speed 20 feet (even with medium and heavy loads or armor), low-light vision, stonecunning (intuit depth, +2 to Search unusual stonework, automatic Search within 10 feet of unusual stonework), weapon familiarity (dwarven urgrosh and dwarven waraxe), stability (+4 to resist bull rushes and trips when on the ground), +2 to saves against poison, +2 to saves against spells and spell-like effects, +2 to Appraise and Craft checks related to metal or stone items, +1 on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids, +4 dodge AC against giants, fighter is favored class.
Ability Score Development: 32 point buy, for base scores of 16 (10 pts), 15 (8 pts), 14 (6 pts), 14 (6 pts), 10 (2 pts), and 8 (0 pts). Dwarven racial adjustments changed the scores to 16, 15, 16, 14, 10, and 6.
Sneak Attack: Deals +1d6 damage when flanking or when opponent is denied a Dexterity bonus to AC, unless the opponent has some degree of concealment, is not a living creature with discernable anatomy, or has vitals that are all out of reach.
Trapfinding: Can use Search and Disable Device on traps of any DC, even magic traps.

Possessions: Heavy Mace (12 gp, 8 lbs.), Short Sword (10 gp, 2 lbs.), Sap (1 gp, 2 lbs.), 4 Daggers (8 gp, 4 lbs.), Leather Armor (10 gp, 15 lbs.), Traveler's Outfit (free starting outfit, 5 lbs., worn outfit doesn't count towards his encumbrance), Backpack (2 gp, 2 lbs., holds grappling hook, trail rations, and waterskins), Belt Pouch (1 gp, 1/2 lb., holds coins, thieves' tools, chalk, flint, steel, and soap), Sack (1 sp, 1/2 lb., holds whetstone, bedroll, and rope), Thieves' Tools (30 gp, 1 lb.), Grappling Hook (1 gp, 4 lbs.), Hempen Rope (5 sp, 5 lbs., 25 ft.), Bedroll (1 sp, 5 lbs.), Soap (5 sp, 1 lb.), Chalk (1 cp, 0 lbs.), Whetstone (2 cp, 1 lb.), Flint & Steel (1 gp, 0 lbs.), 2 Torches (2 cp, 2 lbs.), 4 Trail Rations (2 gp, 4 lbs.), 4 Waterskins (4 gp, 16 lbs.), Meat (12 sp, 2 lbs.).

Pet: Krek the 5th, bulldog (25 gp, Small Animal, HD 1d8+2, HP 6, Init +3, Speed 40 ft., AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 12, BAB/Grapple +0/-3, bite +2 melee for 1d4+1 damage, space/reach 5 ft./5 ft., low-light vision, scent, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1, Str 13, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6, Jump +7, Listen +5, Spot +5, Survival +1*, Alertness, Track, Neutral alignment, extra +4 Survival for tracking by scent, trained in the tricks attack, defend, and stay, but won't attack all kinds of creatures)

Wealth: 14 gp, 14 sp, 15 cp.........Current Load: 76 lbs.
Light Load: 76 lbs. max..Medium Load: 153 lbs. max..Heavy Load: 230 lbs. max
Lift High: 230 lbs. max..Lift Off Ground: 460 lbs. max..Push/Drag: 1,150 lbs. max
Medium Load Drawbacks: 20 ft. speed, +3 max Dex to AC, -3 check penalty.
Heavy Load Drawbacks: 20 ft. speed, x3 run, +1 max Dex to AC, -6 check penalty.

General Advancement Plan: Mix in occasional levels of Fighter, possibly diverging into Barbarian or Ranger eventually, otherwise mostly Rogue.

Appearance: Standing just over 4 feet tall, Vardok is a stout hill dwarf with broad shoulders and a muscular body, with little fat and no signs of pampering or easy living. His skin is a moderate shade of tan with some old bite marks here and there, his eyes are steely blue, and his hair is a short tangle of dark red curls with a short, scruffy beard. Vardok's nose is a bit bulbous and his eyebrows are thick and bushy.

He wears faded, brown leather armor, with a hooded brown cloak and sturdy boots. A backpack holds his supplies and a grappling hook is secured to the top of it, while a heavy burlap sack is slung over his left shoulder. A multi-part belt pouch holds some of his belongings along the right side of his belt, and a blackjack hangs just behind it. A mace is strapped to his right shoulder, a short sword sheathed at the left side of his belt, a dagger is sheathed in each of his boots, and another two daggers are sheathed and strapped to his thighs. A small bag is tied behind the sword, and a torch is strapped to each of his upper arms.

Following Vardok everywhere is a black and white bulldog, which bares its teeth and snarls at anyone getting too close, until Vardok barks and slaps it a few times. The dog doesn't seem to hate him, but he obviously can't control the mutt very well.

Personality: A bit callous, a lot greedy, and fairly selfish, Vadrok Stonekennel isn't what most people would look for in an adventuring companion. But he's growing a little more amenable to dealing with other people, instead of just talking to his pet dog all the time, and he's got some useful skills to ply as an adventurer. Vardok is always looking for opportunities, and doesn't shy away from hard work, though he'd rather take the easy way out if he can find it. He's lived through several goblinoid, giant, and orc raids, so he's not afraid of battle, though he is wary of larger or more-experienced-looking opponents. He's always been a scrapper and knows how to street-fight, and is fairly belligerant as hill dwarves go. Vardok seeks fame and fortune.

Background: Vardok Stonekennel hails from Taernok, the Hill Home of the dwarves, among the Appalachian Mountains. More specifically, he was born and raised in the town of Hrunsfeld atop one of the northeastern hills. His family owns several kennels across Taernok, raising wardogs, hunting dogs, racing dogs, and other canine companions, but Vardok was never very good at the family trade. While bright and quick to learn, Vardok just didn't have much of a way with animals, nor people, so he wasn't much good at training the dogs or selling them. Instead, Vardok did more work on fixing the stonework kennels, building new ones, and making repairs to the house after hobgoblin raids and hill giant rampages. He made collars and watched over the dogs, but didn't have much success with training any.

What's more, Vardok had more of a greedy, selfish streak than most dwarves, getting into trouble sometimes, ignoring rules, and generally being more of a jerk than other dwarves. He got slapped around for this, and forced to do more hard labor in punishment, but it made Vardok stronger and tougher. And resentful. He started to get into more mischief, sneaking around and messing with other dwarves' gear just to rankle them, even sabotaging projects sometimes to aggrivate the dwarves he didn't get along with. He did some trapping out in the woods, but more often just stole animals from others' traps.

In early adulthood, Vardok began hanging around some gnomes and humans in nearby villages, getting into even more trouble and learning some more shady skills. Eventually, he was caught burglarizing and vandalizing another dwarf's house, and was exiled as a few of his other misdeeds came to light. Vardok slinked out of town with what gear he could fetch from his hidden stashes of stolen loot before folks could run him out of town at swordpoint, taking his most recent pet dog along for companionship. Krek the 5th was a young bulldog, the fifth one to be poorly raised by Vardok, and it shows in the dog's disposition towards others. Vardok's earlier canine pets have all passed away or been left at home after old age or hunting injuries.

Vardok has matured a little on his trek through the wilderness and one human town after another, although still earning his bread with theft instead of honest work in most cases. He's a little less callous and abrasive towards others, and less spiteful than he was as a youth. He still hopes to get rich and become an important, respected person, but has a little less disregard for others than he used to. So he's been looking for some way to make money and a name for himself without necessarily just becoming a notorious burglar. Treasure-hunting and bounty-hunting seem like possible ventures for him, but even dangerous adventuring is something he'd consider. After a few years of wandering northward and eastward from home, Vardok came upon the town of Oakhurst and heard something about a job finding lost adventurers and, perhaps, treasures in an old ruin.....[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases