Converting Planescape monsters

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Let's go with 40 ft on shadow jump.

Can you remind me of the difference between arcane sight and dweomersight, or is that lost on your harddrive?

For illuminated rage, let's change it to "bright light" rather than "sudden flashes" and say that they rage when within 60 ft of any bright light source.

Daylight vulnerability makes sense to me.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Arcane sight would be just like the spell of the same name, but always active.

Found on a previous conversion thread...

Dweomersight (Su): A balhannoth can sense the presence and position of magic auras within 120 feet of itself, and knows the strength and school of each one. It can pinpoint the location of any creature with ongoing spells cast on it, carrying magic items, or otherwise using magic, and it can notice anything within the area of a magic effect (including its own dimensional lock aura). This otherwise functions like blindsense.

freyar

I'm going to go with arcane sight, since I'm not sure these guys know the school of the effect automatically. But dweomersight just seems a little more automatic, so I don't think it matters much.

If we go with dweomersight, should we add illusion effects to the Illuminated rage? It sounds like illusions drive them nuts, too.

freyar

Need to drop dimensional lock from the dweomersight description. But I don't think they need true seeing.

Remove ads