The City Arcana [3.5][Mature][Dark]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Okay........ with your blessing, I will try out that Mystic Knight class. I am too curious to see how it works...... and what it can do. He will be a human.

I will try to get the character finished ASAP, since I know the deadline has passed. Or..... You could just use your "Sample Character" since it seems to be built rather well. Heck, I'll even use the name Teal if ya want.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Damn... The group seems to be also lacking healing power. I am currently thinking about Cleric of War/Warmage. Starting as Cleric, then multiclassing to warmage at 2nd level.

Now the question is, who is the god with war domain in this setting, and what do I need to know of him :D?

Eh, scrap that. If it's okay I'll make him one of those philosophy clerics. I also made up an Arcane Order. All that can be read in the background in the next post. If it ain't cool, let me know and I'll change it.

Last edited:

Blackrat

Code:
CHARACTER NAME : Dzax
RACE (CR) : Human
CLASS (LEVEL) : Cleric 1
... NET LEVEL : 1
ALIGNMENT : LN
SIZE : Medium
SPEED : 30 ft.
TYPE : Humanoid (Human)

EXPERIENCE : ?
CASH : 30gp, 11sp

ABILITY SCORES = 32 pts (4+2+6+4+6+10)
Str 12 (+1) (12/base)
Dex 10 (+0) (10/base)
Con 14 (+2) (14/base)
Int 12 (+1) (12/base)
Wis 14 (+2) (14/base)
Cha 16 (+3) (16/base)

SAVES
FORT +4 (2/clr 2/con)
REF +0 (0/clr 0/dex)
WILL +4 (2/clr 2/wis)

HIT POINTS : 10 (8 +2/con)
ARMOR CLASS
Standard : 15 (+4/armor +1/shield)
Touch : 10
Flat-Foot : 14 (+4/armor)

INITIATIVE : +4
BASE ATTACK : +0
RANGED : +0
MELEE : +1 (+1/str)

WEAPONS
Flail +2; 1d8+1

LANGUAGES
Common, Draconic

RACIAL TRAITS
1 free feat, 1 extra skill point/level.

CLASS FEATURES
Cleric: Spontaneus Casting: Healing, Turn Undead 6/day, 
War Domain: Weapon Prof & Focus (Flail), Destruction Domain: Smite 1/day

FEATS
Cha 1: Combat Casting
Cha 1: Improved Initiative
War: Weapon Focus (Flail)

SKILLS 4*(3+1) = 16
Concentration +6/+10 (4 ranks +2 con)
Heal          +6 (4 ranks +2 wis)
Know (arcana) +5 (4 ranks +1 int)
Know (relig.) +3 (2 ranks +1 int)
Know (Planes) +3 (2 ranks +1 int)

SPELLS:
D0: Light, Purify Food & Drink, Create Water
D1: Bless, Divine Favor, Magic Weapon (D)

EQUIPMENT  [138,9 gp].
Explorer's Outfit [10]

Chain shirt [100]
Flail [8]
Shield LS [9]

Backpack [2]
Bedroll [0.1]
Caltrops [1]
Case (Map/Scroll) [1]
Signal Whistle [0.8]
Waterskin [1]
Holy Symbol [1]
Spell Component Pouch [5]

Order of the Crimson Moon is propably one of the reasons that arcane magic is so feared and held to be blasphemous. It is no secret that many of the Order's practises include study of darker arts and reverance to blood and battle, but they are still far from evil. It is however enough to get the ire of zealots and fear of the public on them, and their own religiously ritualistic behaviour isn't helping to leviate the views.

Dzax the Scarred was apprenticed to the Order at young age, and was taught to became a battlefield leader from early on. He has a zeal on the ideology of the Order, matching that of the priests of other Faiths, and true enough, even if he doesn't worship a god directly, some divine agent of battlefields has granted him his favour.

The Order of the Crimson Moon has devoted it's study of arcane knowledge to the areas that other orders fear. It is their duty to make sure that lore about horrors beyond reason are kept in hands that won't abuse it. And it is their duty to use that knowledge wisely. Due to his upbringing Dzax has a genuine curiousity for things that propably should be left undisturbed, but he has the wisdom to not use it trivially.

Dzax is not old, but he has already seen his share of things that have prematurely aged him. He is completely bald and his head is covered with intricate tattoos, giving him somewhat fierce appearance. Dzax dresses in the dark red of his order and wears simple and practical clothes of a warrior. He carries a flail and a shield strapped on his back and it is not uncommon that someone has mistaken him for a soldier instead of a mage.

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Apologies for the delay to those readers who checked in, but I am glad that I did delay, for now we have a mystic knight and a cleric. :D

Approved:

crazy_monkey1956 - Grimm Spellsmith, Dwarven Wizard
Drowned Hero - Syut, Human Ninja
pathfinderq1 - Sayida, Elan Monk
Blackrat - Dzax, Human Cleric
OnlytheStrong - Teal, Human Mystic Knight (pending backstory and customization)

I'm very sorry to anyone who didn't make it, as we had a lot of truly excellent submissions, but I could not in good conscience expand the group to more than four or five. I would be very happy to keep you on file as alts if you would like it.

EDIT: This lag is totally killing me. I've attempted to set up the RG twice now; my posts have been eaten and the site has logged me out due to inactivity. One more try, and if it doesn't work I'm just going to come back later.

Last edited:

Blackrat

About languages. What is the "Arcane Language" in your setting? The core assumption is Draconic I think, but if you use something else, let me know.

Also, for you to know my immediate leveling plans. 2nd lvl I'll multiclass to warmage, and keep at it for 3rd lvl. For 3rd lvl feat I'm planning Battlecaster from CArc.

moritheil

First Post
Ah, I had intended to suggest something earlier but then it got lost in the repeated logins. :p

Draconic is the language of "academic" mages and those sorcerers who pride themselves on draconic descent. Sylvan is the language of magical fey. I would say that Draconic is more widely used, but Sylvan is not as negligible as it is in the "base" setting. Expect something like a 60/40 split.

Being a cleric of a philosophy is totally fine. The only thing I really have to say about clerics is that the tyrannical deity that opposes arcane magic is a sun deity, so it is best if no PC tries to play as the cleric of a sun deity.

There is more to the politics of religion, but I'll try to work it into the sessions. Know (religion) will of course be helpful with that.

OnlytheStrong - please take the time to customize that character sheet if there's anything you want to change. I'll try to give you time but of course you should finish before the party sees any combat. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask :)

Blackrat

Well, since I'm intending to play Dzax as something like Warrior Scholar, I think I'll just pick draconic then.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=MYSTIC KNIGHT]
Code:
CHARACTER NAME : Teal
RACE (CR) : Human
CLASS (LEVEL) : Mystic Knight 1
... NET LEVEL : 1
ALIGNMENT : N
SIZE : Medium
SPEED : 30 ft.
TYPE : Humanoid (Human)

EXPERIENCE : 
CASH : 150 gp - 138 expenses = 12gp remaining

ABILITY SCORES = 32 pts (4+6+10+2+10)
Str 12 (+1) (12/base)
Dex 14 (+2) (14/base)
Con 16 (+3) (16/base)
Int 10 (+0) (10/base)
Wis 8 (-1) (8/base)
Cha 16 (+3) (16/base)

SAVES
FORT +4 (0/myk 3/con 1/luck)
REF +3 (0/myk 2/dex 1/luck)
WILL +3 (3/myk -1/wis 1/luck)

HIT POINTS : 11 (8 +3/con)  Note: DR 2/silver
ARMOR CLASS
Standard : 13 (10/base 2/dex 1/luck)
Touch : 13 (10/base 2/dex 1/luck)
Flat-Foot : 11 (10/base 1/luck)

INITIATIVE : +2 (2/dex)
BASE ATTACK : +1
RANGED : +3 (+2/dex)
MELEE : +2 (+1/str)

WEAPONS
Darkwood Light Crossbow +3 att [1d6 x2]
Morningstar +2 att [1d8 x2]

LANGUAGES
Common

RACIAL TRAITS
1 free feat, 1 extra skill point/level.

CLASS FEATURES
Mystic Knight: DR 1/silver, Arcane Curse (-2 arcane saves on foe struck) 1/day

FEATS
Cha 1 . Luck of Heroes (+1 to all saves, +1 luck AC)
Cha 1 . Greater Resiliency (DR improves by 1)
Cha 3 .
Cha 6 .
Cha 9 .
Cha12 .
Cha15 .
Cha18 .

SKILLS 4*(2+1) = 12
Concentration +7 (4 ranks +3 con)
Know (arcana) +4 (4 ranks +0 int)
Spellcraft    +4 (4 ranks +0 int)

EQUIPMENT  124gp.
Explorer's Outfit [10 gp]
Light Crossbow [65 gp]
20 cold iron bolts [4 gp]
20 bolts [2 gp]
Cold iron morningstar [16 gp]
dagger [2 gp]
Caltrops x5 [5 gp]
Silk Rope [20 gp; 100', +2 use rope, 10 lbs.]

MUNDANE STUFF (cost 14 gp 3 sp 9 cp)

Hooded Lantern [7 gp]
Oil x10 [1 gp]
Shovel [2 gp]
Waterskin [1 gp]
Symbol [1 gp]
Tindertwig [1 gp]
Bedroll [1 sp]
Parchment [2 sp]
Chalk x5 [5 cp]
Whetstone [2 cp]
Flask of water [3 cp]
[/sblock]

I like how you have him. I ..... am going to try to sit down some before work today and see if i can come up with a personality that doesn't seem.......... a-hole-ish. If I can't, then sorry group :)

Last edited:

Remove ads