DINO-PIRATES OF NINJA ISLAND Online!

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal

Hey everyone! I'm thrilled to announce that the DINO-PIRATES OF NINJA ISLAND system reference document is now available online. This is a complete ruleset that provides everything you need to create characters and play games, including chases, combats, ship-to-ship action, ninja gear, dinosaurs, magic systems and all the usual True20-like goodness.

Lots of folks across a number of discussion boards contributed mightily to these rules, and while I've tried my best to give credit where credit is due, if you see something that's been overlooked, please let me know and I'll make sure the shouts are outed. Game development has become a community practice, and this is partly a way to give back to the community.

You'll notice a paucity of setting details here -- aside from monsters and a few notes on backgrounds, gear, and magic use, there isn't much setting data. That's because this is the DPoNI SRD. There WILL be setting material available online as well, but that's going to take some time. I have some very exciting plans for a community-based setting development approach, but first some tools need to be organized and set up.

In the meantime, of course, you can always buy (although at a mere $6, it's practically FREE!) the True20 adventure SLAVE QUEEN OF THE RUINED CITY -- the new SRD includes revamped character sheets in order to make use of the DPoNI rules. For now, SQotRC (how I love my acronyms) is the only official for-sale DPoNI (see?) product.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this possible. The DINO-PIRATES dream has been a long time coming, but it looks like 2009 is going to be the year.

Enjoy!

And if you do decide to run a DPoNI game, please let me know. I'd love to post stories about other folks games and cool stuff y'all come up with. Stay in touch!

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
That is ultra-cool! Thanks for sharing! Will there be an option to download all of the site HTML as a .ZIP file for easy offline reference? I use a netbook when I game, but a good wireless connection is not always available.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I don't have any plans to do so. Much of the site is data-driven and so doesn't lend itself to offline use. I recognize it would be helpful, but there's the few remaining shreds of my sanity to consider.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I don't have any plans to do so. Much of the site is data-driven and so doesn't lend itself to offline use. I recognize it would be helpful, but there's the few remaining shreds of my sanity to consider.

I may be able to do it for you. I'm experimenting right now. If I do manage to create something workable, could you shoot me your email address via PM (or here) so I can send it along? :)

[Edit: Yep. It looks like it works.]

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Yep. I figured out what the issue was. Didn't mirror the links deep enough. Seems to be fully functional now.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases