Dwellers of the Forbidden City

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hey there! :) I was looking to promote the Dwellers of the Forbidden City article on Wikipedia to "Good Article" status, but I noticed that one key element was missing... the plot summary. :)

Would someone who owns the module be able to write up a one to two-page plot summary of the events depicted in the module? You can either post it in the article yourself, or post it here and I will add it for you.

Thanks! :)

Dwellers was not really heavy on plot as written. The basic premise of the adsventure is that the PC's hear reports of banditry in the southern jungles. Most of the waylaid merchants and guards were killed and few ever returned from the jungles after facing such attacks. Those who did return told fantastic stories about deformed plants and beasts in the jungle. None of the goods taken from the caravans has ever been seen in civilized lands. A great treasure must still be awaiting those bold enough to search for it in ther jungles of the South. The PC's party represents one such brave group that has set out to find the lost treasure of the caravans.

After a long and perilous journey the PC's find some friendly native people and stay at thier village. The chief tells the PC's about the dangers of the yuan ti and thier serverts, the tasloi. The chief's son was recently kidnapped by these foul creatures and taken into the jungle. The chief and shaman of the village tell the PC's about the forbidden city which is believed to house the ghosts of thier dead enemies. Tribesmen are forbidden from going to that place for fear of losing thier soul. The chief supplies the PC's with guides that show the party the general location of the forbidden city.

The really interesting parts of the adventure come from the relationships of the various power groups and factions within the city. Clever adventurers can recruit allies from the the bugbears, mongrelmen, or bullywugs or simply help pit these factions more directly against each other for thier own gain. The possible plots that can develop from all of interplay between the PC's and these factions are nearly endless. The adventuring environment in this adventure lends itself well to lots of action, intrigue or a healthy dose of both.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
That's really all I need. If you wrote the above from looking at the module, rather than from memory, then I can just summarize and use that. :)

That's really all I need. If you wrote the above from looking at the module, rather than from memory, then I can just summarize and use that. :)

Yeah I was referencing the Intro/DM introduction from the module. The last paragraph was simply my own opinion of why the module is great.

Remove ads