Lost-Eberron-4E Style

Redclaw

First Post
All right, it looks like you've already got some great players with awesome concepts here Evo, but I'll throw my hat in anyway. Here's hoping whether or not I make the cut, that it has a longer life than the games I've started DMing.

Anyway, my quick thoughts at the moment are a razorclaw shifter ranger (ranged), or a longtooth shifter warden. Either way, I picture him being involved in the liberation of the Eldeen Reaches. More background to come.

Oni

First Post
Here's what I came up with.

[sblock=Lorn]

Lorn Spellwright

Human Wizard 1

Alignment: Unaligned

Size: Medium
Speed: 6

Str: 10 (+0) [+0]
Dex: 10 (+0) [+0]
Con: 13 (+1) [+1]
Int: 20 (+5) [+5]
Wis: 13 (+1) [+1]
Chr: 8 (-1) [-1]

Init: +4

AC: 10+5+2+1=18
Fort: 10+1+1=12
Ref: 10+5+1=16
Will: 10+1+1+2=14

HP: 23/23 Bloodied: 11
HS: 7/7 Surge Value: 5

Language:
Common
Draconic

Abilities:
Staff of Defense
Spellbook (Rituals: Comprehend Languages, Make Whole, Tenser's Floating Disc)

Feats:
Improved Initiative
Armour Proficiency: Leather
Ritual Caster

Skills:
Acrobatics (Dex): +0=+0
*Arcana (Int): +5+5=+10
Athletics (Str): +0=+0
Bluff (Chr): -1=-1
Diplomacy (Chr): -1=-1
*Dungeoneering (Wis): +1+5=+6
Endurance (Con): +1=+1
Heal (Wis): +1=+1
*History (Int): +5+5=+10
Insight (Wis): +1=+1
Intimidate (Cha): -1=-1
*Nature (Wis): +1+5=+6
Perception (Wis): +1=+1
*Religion (Int): +5+5=+10
Stealth (Dex): +0=+0
Streetwise (Cha): -1=-1
Thievery (Dex): +0=+0

*trained

Attack Bonus for Powers:
Int: +5=+5

At Will:
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation
Magic Missle
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave

Encounter:
Grasping Shadows (Dragon #364)

Daily:
*Flaming Sphere
Phantom Chasm (Dragon #364)

*prepared

Utility:

Inventory:
3gp 9sp
Leather Armour
Dagger
Staff
Backpack
Bedroll
2x Trail Rations
Belt Pouch
60gp in Ritual Components
Spellbook
Waterskin

[sblock=appearance]

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 152lb

Lorn is a young man in his early twenties, maybe younger. He has straight black hair, parted in the middle that hangs down about chin length. His features are sullen and his eyes dark. He is dressed in dark leather armour in the style of the Cyran army and wears a tattered and stained grey cloak. He carries staff that forks at the top into a U shape with a small red gem set in the bottom of the curve.

[/sblock]

[sblock=background]

Lorn Spellwright is actually Lorn d'Cannith, a member of the influential merchant family that controls the mark of making. Though not blessed (cursed?) with a mark himself, he was trained in the magical arts from a very young age with the intention that he would one day be joining the Fabricators Guild. Lorn however had different plans. Despite the avowed neutrality of the dragonmarked houses Lorn had a deep love for his home country of Cyre, and ran away from his home and name to fight for his homeland. He joined the Cyran military under the name of Lorn Spellwright were he plied his magic as a battle caster. Cyre was desperate enough for warm bodies not too ask too many questions.

Lorn had only been in the field for a few months, though he had already seen his fair share of combat, when his unit was ambushed by the Karrnathi dead that come across the border. The fighting to fierce, but the Cyran's had not been able to hold off the superior force and soon Lorn's country men littered the field. An arrow took out the man to his left, and as Lorn turned to help his comrade he barely even saw the dessicated warrior approach his flank. Lorn tried to dodge, but it was too late, searing sparks rained in front of his eyes and then everything went black.

The year is 994 YK.

A sound he couldn't place roared through Lorn's aching head. He inhaled sharply, but only ended up coughing and gagging as he choked on some gritty substance. Rolling over the light lanced his eyes like fiery needles. The ground felt strange, softer than it should. Finally his eyes adjusted enough that he could open them with a minimal amount of pain, struggling to sit up he looked around. After long uncomprehending minutes the unfamiliar landscape began to sink in. Where in the blazes was he? Lorn struggled to his feet, and began to walk slowly up the beach in a daze leaning heavily on his staff.

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Stellan stood atop the hill, his eyes taking in the progress of the battle during a brief moment of respite. The Lhazaarian bandits were starting to retreat, but it was far from the rout the Wardens had hoped for. All thoughts of the overall battle fled his consciousness as he saw a squad of razortooth archers being set upon by a group of the pirates. With a shout to his companions, Stellan charged down the hill, his battleaxe leading the way.

Moments later, he drew his axe back for another pass at the grinning human in front of him. Two of the bandit's comrades had already fallen to its blade, but this one was too stupid to realize what that meant. Stellan's lips curled back in a feral snarl as he swung down, knowing that the human couldn't stand against his strength for long. The sharp pain in his back caught him entirely by surprise, and gave his opponent a moment's reprieve. Stellan, enraged by the wound, felt the primal fire in his blood come roaring to the surface as his teeth lengthened and his muscles bulged. He spun to the side and hammered his axe through the bandit's guard then shoved the human at the startled foe who still had the shifter's blood dripping from his dagger. Both humans fell to the ground, and Stellan quickly made sure neither got back up. Already feeling the wound in his back start to close, the longtooth turned to find a new enemy. Stand strong, he called out to the archers. Funnel them my way.

As he helped a razorclaw finish off the last of that particular group of bandits he spared a moment to look over the battle once again. He cursed as he realized what was happening. The enemy had regrouped; the surprise assault hadn't been enough to scatter them. That would make things more difficult. With a resigned grunt, he started moving toward the lines that were forming on the field.

He stared across the muddy, gore-splattered field, waiting for the Lhazaarites to build up enough courage to charge. Finally, as if possessed of only a single mind, the rabble broke into a mad sprint. Stellan shared a quick nod with the longtooth on his right, then settled his mind for the coming clash. It was as he turned back from that quick nod to focus on the enemy that something...shifted. He no longer saw the battlefield, or the Lhazaarites. He saw a long expanse of white sand and a collection of decrepit, broken ships. The gentle sound of the surf crashing against the rocks was suddenly shattered by a howl of pure frustration and anger.

[sblock=Stellan Scarhide]
Longtooth Shifter Warden 1

Alignment: Good

Size: Medium
Speed: 6

Str 18 (+4)
Con 13 (+1)
Dex 11 (+0)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 18 (+4)
Cha 8 (-1)

Init +0
AC: 10+4+3+1=18
Fort: 10+4+1=15
Ref: 10+0+0+1=11
Will: 10+4+1=15

HP: 30/30 Bloodied 15
HS: 10/10 Surge Value: 7

Languages: Common

Class Abilities:
Font of Life
Wildblood
Nature's Wrath

Racial Abilities:
Longtooth Shifting

Feats:
Power Attack

Skills:
Nature
Athletics
Endurance
Perception

At-Will:
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Thorn Strike
Earth Shield Strike

Encounter:
Longtooth Shifting
Wildblood Frenzy

Daily:
Form of the Relentless Panther

Gear:
Battleaxe
Light Shield
Hide Armor
Standard Adventurer's Kit
2 Handaxes
25 gp[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
GaryH said:
So, Evo, you were going to take ten players, right?;)

Redclaw said:
All right, it looks like you've already got some great players with awesome concepts here Evo, but I'll throw my hat in anyway

Thanks for the great and numerous replies so far guys. I never thought I'd get so many responses in about a day. I've got great potential players here too. In all seriousness though, I know I will not be doing a pair of groups. They seem to die too quick. Several others I haven't gamed with yet, but it doesn't count you out. A few more things about my DMing style and the selection process:

My games are tough, combat-heavy/RP-moderate, meatgrinders(TPK to both parties I DMed on game day :devil:). Thus, I'll be taking my 5 starting PCs, two alternates. A good backround(See SG and Redclaw) helps a lot. Also, I should have mentioned this morning before work, but I really like SG's character sheet format. It future posters use that, it would make comparing things easier. If people have already posted a sheet, feel free to redo it, if you want. I'll want final sheets/backgrounds on here before I make my selections. I'll start going through sheets in more detail now. Finally, I have Tues and Wed off this week, so I'll be around for questions quite a bit.

EvolutionKB

First Post
SG, hp should be 26 yes?(12+14). I also get 94gp spent in bought inventory, so you should have an additional 6gp.

Oni, everything looks good so far.

SG and Oni, as long as you make the changes above to your character sheets, they are approved on accuracy. Please let me know if you make any changes. This does not make you approved for the game, just letting you know the sheets look good as long as nothing changes.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redclaw, you seem to be missing 15gp. Your reflex defense should be 11(10+1 from light shield). So far everything else looks good. Once changed, you are also accuracy approved.

Atanatotatos, change your CS to account for 22 point buy. I'll give it a more thorough look then.

Everybody else: I like the concepts coming so far. Here is what we have so far:

Stonegod: Hesh Sul'tashk, Hobgoblin Bravelord, Ancient past, accuracy approved
GaryH: Warforged Great Weapon fighter, no CS, ancient background
Oni: Lorn Spellwright, Human Staff Wizard, Cyre survivor, accuracy approved
Redclaw: Stellan Scarhide, Longtooth shifter Warden, Last War Vet? Accuracy approved
Erekose13: Controller?
Pathfinderq1:phiarlan artful dodger rogue, Last war vet OR Shifter two weapon ranger, Last War Vet
mcnathan80: Changeling Rogue or Human Ranger(silver flame?), ancient past
Atanatotatos: Thormir Brassbeard,Dwarven Infernal Warlock(current time period)
Phaezan: Warforged Warden, Current time period

So far melee heavy. Pathfinder and mcnathan have possible ranged characters in rogues/rangers. That is it other than Atanatatos' warlock and the controllers.

Role Makeup: 1 Leader, 3 Defenders, 2 Controllers, 3 strikers

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
SG, hp should be 26 yes?(12+14). I also get 94gp spent in bought inventory, so you should have an additional 6gp.
I'll have a look, but Hesh is built using the Character Builder Beta so if there is a problem either (1) WotC got it wrong or (2) I mis-copied.

Let's see:
- HP: I copied wrong. Bloodied and surge were correct.
- Gold: 15 for Adv. Kit, 30 for Double Flail, 40 for Chainmail, 10 for 2 javelins. Those match the PH/AV and Character builder price, so Hesh should only have the 5gp listed.

Erekose13

Explorer
Qad'lieae Valaj, drow druid from the Age of Giants

[sblock=Qad'lieae Valaj]Qad'lieae Valaj
female Drow Druid
Initiative +2; Senses Darkvision; Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19
HP 24; Bloodied 12; Healing Surge 6; Surges Per Day 8
AC 15; Fort 11, Ref 13, Will 15
Speed 7
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:bmelee:Quarterstaff (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+2 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
:ranged:Javelin (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
Range 10/20; +2 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
Wild Shape (minor; at-will; 1/rd) ✦ Polymorph, Primal
You change from your humanoid form to beast form or vice versa. When you change from beast form back to your humanoid form, you can shift 1 square.
While you are in beast form, you can't use attack, utility, or feat powers that lack the beast form keyword, although you can sustain such powers.
You choose a specific form whenever you use wild shape to change into beast form. The beast form is your size, resembles a natural beast or a fey beast, and normally doesn't change your game statistics. Your equipment becomes part of your beast form, but you drop anything you are holding, except implements you can use. You continue to gain the benefits of the equipment you wear. You can use the properties and the powers of implements as well as magic items that you wear, but not the properties or the powers of weapons or the powers of wondrous items. While equipment is part of your beast form, it cannot be removed, and anything in a container that is part of your beast form is inaccessible.
Special: You can use this power once per round.
:bmelee: Pounce (standard; at-will) ✦ Beast Form , Implement, Primal
Touch; +4 vs Refl; 1d8+4 damage. The target grants combat advantage to the next creature that attacks it before the end of your next turn.
Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.
:area:Chill Wind (standard; at-will) ✦ Cold, Implement, Primal
Burst 1 within 10; +4 vs Fort; 1d6 cold damage and slide the target 1.
:ranged:Storm Spike (standard; at-will) ✦ Implement, Lightning, Primal
Ranged 10; +4 vs Refl; 1d8+4 lightning damage. If the target doesn't move at least 2 squares on its next turn, it takes lightning damage equal to your Wisdom modifier.
:ranged:Cull the Herd (standard; encounter) ✦ Beast Form, Charm, Implement, Primal, Psychic
Ranged 5; +4 vs Will. 2d8 + 4 psychic damage, and you pull the target 3 squares.
:area:Faerie Fire (standard; daily) ✦ Implement, Primal, Radiant
Burst 1 within 10; +4 vs. Will. The target is slowed and grants combat advantage (save ends both).
Aftereffect: 3d6 + 4 radiant damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
Miss: 1d6 + 4 radiant damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
:close:Cloud of Darkness (minor; encounter)
Burst 1; This power creates a cloud of darkness that remains in place until the end of your next turn. The cloud blocks line of sight for all creatures except you. Any creature except you entirely within the cloud is blinded.
:ranged:Darkfire (minor; encounter)
Ranged 10; +6 vs. Refl. Hit: Until the end of your next turn, all attacks against the target have combat advantage, and the target cannot benefit from invisibility or concealment.
Hunter's Quarry
Once per encounter as a minor action, you can designate the enemy nearest to you as your quarry. Once per round, you deal extra damage to your quarry. The extra damage is based on your level. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled.
The hunter’s quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the quarry is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your quarry. You can designate one enemy as your quarry at a
time.
Primal Predator
+1 speed when not wearing heavy armor.
Ritual Caster
You gain the Ritual Caster feat as a bonus feat, allowing you to use magical rituals. You own a ritual book, and it contains two rituals of your choice that you have mastered: Animal Messenger and another 1st-level ritual. Once per day, you can use Animal Messenger without expending components.
Trance
Rather than sleep, drow enter a meditative state known as trance. You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While in a trance, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and
other events as normal.
Vulkoortouched
Once per encounter, you can use either the cloud of darkness or darkfire power.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common, Elf
Str 10 (+0) Dex 14 (+2) Wis 18 (+4)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 12 (+1)
Arcana +5*, Heal +9*, Insight +9*, Intimidate +3, Nature +9*, Perception +9*, Stealth +4
* Trained Skill
Feats: Warrior of the Wild
Gear Hide Armor, Quarterstaff, 2 Javelins, Backpack, Bedroll, Belt Pouch, Flint and Steel, Rope (50 ft.), 2 Sunrods, Trail Rations (10 days), Waterskin; 40gp (66lbs)

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Gentle Repose

"The Panther guides our steps in stealth, follow her and respect the natural world to escape from the Sul'at."

Background Qad'lieae is a member of the Gyrderi drow (see Secrets of Xen'drik pg 53), drow who fled the giant overlords and turned to nature to protect them. When the Tairnadal first broke free from the shackles of the giants, Qad'lieae was there. She was instrumental in guiding the early elves to the shores of Xen'drik and helping them escape through the aid of the jungle animals. Drawn from Age of Giants Eberron, Qad'lieae would be completely out of place in modern Khorvaire but then what drow wouldn't. Her tribe was under assault by fell giants of the Sul'at League, as the epic magic drawn by the reckless giants sealed all of her kin in the forms of animals, Qad'lieae was pulled from time to another beach.

Personality and Appearance Qad'lieae bears many of the tribal tattoos that future civilizations of Xen'drik drow would adopt, white lines decorating her face, arms, and chest. Her long white hair flows straight down her dark skin. She is a comely woman who wears the hide of a great snake that gifted it to her. Her prized possession though is the shard of long purple crystal that forms her staff. A storm brews within the staff, usually clouded, small flashes of lightning can sometimes be seen deep in the crystal. Qad'lieae is wise and outgoing, often relating lessons taught by the animals of the wilds of Xen'drik. Her speech patterns are a little odd to more modern ears though.

Quirks Qad'lieae must always enter a trance on un-worked earth or plants preferrably outdoors and above ground. She claims that it is required to bond with the Panther.

Magic Item Wishlist
1st - Javelin of Distance +1
2nd - Bracers of Mighty Striking
3rd - Amulet of Health +1
4th - Darkleaf Hide +1
5th - Staff of Storms +1

Links
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Evo, the heading for the CS does indeed say 25pb but it is actually 22 points. At least, if I haven't lost my already poor math skills :D.
(10 str, 8 dex, 20 con [16p +2 dwarf], 14 int[5p], 12 wis[+2 dwarf], 11 cha[1p])...missed smething?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases