Lost-Eberron-4E Style

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ah, yes, and they need it. I mean, I'm not obsessed with perfect balance among classes like some people are, but especially Hell warlocks, that have less control options, fall really behind in damage compared to other strikers. On the other hand, of course, Thormir has more hps than his defenders! :D
But seriously, a lot of people are complaining that Wotc is trying to fix some toned down classes with new feats and powers (things like weapon/implement expertise). But really, that's the great thing of a modular system. You can fix it with tiny pieces of rules.

Redclaw

First Post
That will change...especially for Stellan...(but he's not in the skill challenge.) :]

:eek: I was afraid of that.

But seriously, on the skill challenge... what has worked for me, in RL at least, is treating it like rounds, with set goals for each stage, and a description of the outcome, which often leads to new skills being applicable. That's been the big difference for me between successful challenges and flops: changing the skill set up regularly. If it's just "you need 3 Arcana and 3 Thievery successes before you have 3 failures", it gets a bit old.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
EDIT: I know things come out in a flurry in the next few months(PHBII, AP, DP, Eberron). If you wish to make changes to your character(new sources, just let me know), I'll accomodate, adding it to the IC story. On another note, let me know how you think things are going(pacing, fun, etc*)...then let me know again in a few days...
Pace is fine. I'm still adjusting to PBP skill challenges, so I can't say what works and doesn't. Reminders of what can be tried are always good.
*After seeing the massive RPing in EtCR, I feel like I can do that to. I haven't had the story there yet, but I am hopeful this game can last as long as SGs *bow*
Gee. :blush::cool:

Really, EtCR works because 1) Active Player & DM involvement which leads to 2) Continual updating (even when I'm slow, I try to post something, even if its just OOC). Everything else is just playing to PC hooks and being evil. Being mean to PCs brings out the best in them. ;)

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Two combats going at once! Not good odds it looks like for some... Certain teasers have been revealed as well, what happens when more of the story reveals itself?

Curiously, I wonder if we have fans, paying attention to what is going on in case of character death...

Hey Stonegod, does this count as being evil to Stellan?

Redclaw

First Post
I won't lie and say I wasn't hoping for a peaceful solution, even if it meant capture, but that's the risk I took in staying behind.

Don't worry, Evo, I can take it. :cool:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hey Stonegod, does this count as being evil to Stellan?
Its certainly mean. Evil is killing off Stellan's best buddy before the game starts... or taking over Stellan's compatriots via dominate or magic jar and having them attack his friends... or [censored].

Just realized I can tell you that last one. I'd spoil the EtCR surprise. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases