Lost-Eberron-4E Style

EvolutionKB

First Post
So...tell me potential players, what would the characters you have proposed do in the situation that I outlined in the initial post?(just making sure the initial stuff I have fits)

DEFCON: Init should be +3(dex 16). AC should be 16(chain armor). Recommendation: Hide armor(a patchwork of dragon scales?) would next the same AC, but with better speed and no ACP.

phaezon: so far every thing is looking good. Get some numbers in there and I'll give you accuracy approval.

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Here we go. I will be making an adjustment to the adventuring equipment (not the weapons or armour) this evening. I just realised Strength doesn't need those rations or waterskins.

[sblock=Strength of the Unyielding Oak]Strength of the Unyielding Oak
Warforged Warden
Initiative +1; Senses Normal; Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 17
HP 33; Bloodied 16; Healing Surge 8 ; Surges Per Day 12
AC 18; Fort 15, Ref 13, Will 14
Speed 6
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Battle Axe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d10+4 damage.

Hand Axe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
Range 5/10; +6 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Warden's Fury Warden Feature
At-Will; Primal, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt Melee weapon
Trigger
: An enemy marked by you makes an attack that does not include you as a target
Target: The triggering enemy
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and the target grants combat advantage to you and your allies until the end of your next turn.

Warden's Grasp Warden Feature
At-Will; Primal
Immediate Reaction Close burst 5
Trigger
: An enemy marked by you that is within 5 squares of you makes an attack that does not include you as a target
Target: The triggering enemy in burst
Effect: You slide the target 1 square. The target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of its turn.

Strength of Stone Warden Attack 1
At-Will; Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon

Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.

Thorn Strike Warden Attack 1
At-Will; Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Melee 2
Target: One creature
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you pull the target 1 square.

Thunder Ram Assault Warden Attack 1
Encounter; Primal, Thunder, WeaponStandard Action Melee weapon
Primary Target: One creature
Primary Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier thunder damage. Make a secondary attack that is a close blast 3.
Earthstrength: You also push the primary target a number of squares equal to your Constitution modifier.
Secondary Target: Each creature in blast
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 thunder damage, and you push the secondary target 1 square.

Form of the Willow Sentinel
Warden Attack 1
Daily; Polymorph, Primal
Minor Action Personal

Effect: You assume the guardian form of the willow sentinel until the end of the encounter. While you are in this form, you can negate being pulled, pushed, or slid. In addition, any ally gains a +2 power bonus to Fortitude while adjacent to you.
Once during this encounter, you can make the following weapon attack while you are in this form.
Immediate Interrupt Melee 1
Trigger: An enemy adjacent to you makes an attack roll against your ally
Target: The triggering enemy
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and the target takes a –4 penalty to the triggering attack roll.
Miss: Half damage, and the target takes a –2 penalty to the triggering attack roll.

Warforged Resolve
Warforged Racial Power
Encounter Healing
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You gain a number of temporary hit points equal to 3 + one-half your level. You can make an immedi:)ate saving throw against one effect that deals ongoing damage and can be ended with a save. In addition, if you are bloodied you regain hit points equal to 3 + one-half your level

Construct (Strength is considered a construct for effects that relate to the Keyword)
Living Construct (Strength has the following traits: +2 bonus to saves against ongoing damage, When Strength takes a death saving throw he takes the better of the die roll or 10)

Font of Life
At the start of your turn, you can make a saving throw against one effect that a save can end. On a save, the effect immediately ends, preventing it from affecting you on your current turn. If you save against being stunned or dazed, you can act normally on your turn. If you save against ongoing damage, you avoid taking the damage.

If you fail the saving throw, you still make a saving throw against the effect at the end of your turn.
Earthstrength
While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Constitution modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC.
In addition, when you use your second wind, you gain an additional bonus to AC equal to your Constitution modifier. The bonus lasts until the end of your next turn.
Nature's Wrath
Once during each of your turns, you can mark each adjacent enemy as a free action. This mark lasts until the end of your next turn.
In addition, you gain the warden's fury and warden's grasp powers. You can use these powers against enemies to prevent them from harming those you protect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common
Str 18 (+4) Dex 12 (+1) Wis 14 (+2)
Con 16 (+3) Int 8 (-1) Cha 11 (+0)
Endurance+10*, Intimidate+7*, Nature+7*, Perception +7*
* Trained Skill
Feats: Warforged Tactices (Dragon 364)
Gear Hide Armour, Battle Axe, 2 Hand Axes, Standard Adventurers Kit, 20Gp
[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
DEFCON: Init should be +3(dex 16). AC should be 16(chain armor). Recommendation: Hide armor(a patchwork of dragon scales?) would next the same AC, but with better speed and no ACP.
Made the corrections on Init and AC. Thank you! I'm gonna stick with Chain even with the loss of movement, because I see Tremail as a member of the fighting men and women against the dragons (even if he is a divine controller). Wearing metal armor just fits that concept better, if he's going into battle side-by-side with other fighters, rangers, paladins and avengers. Since Invokers can wear chainmail, I think Tremail should wear chainmail. And the loss of 1 square of speed shouldn't impact him so much as to forsake the character motivation (especially since he's now moving at 6, which is the same as other characters move normally).

But thanx for the suggestion at any rate. :) I'll get the magic items listed onto him asap.

Oni

First Post
So...tell me potential players, what would the characters you have proposed do in the situation that I outlined in the initial post?(just making sure the initial stuff I have fits)

I wasn't sure if you were looking for a how would you reply, or more of a general game plan, so I'll give you both.

A sound he couldn't place roared through Lorn's aching head. He inhaled sharply, but only ended up coughing and gagging as he choked on some gritty substance. Rolling over the light lanced his eyes like fiery needles. The ground felt strange, softer than it should. Finally his eyes adjusted enough that he could open them with a minimal amount of pain, struggling to sit up he looked around. After long uncomprehending minutes the unfamiliar landscape began to sink in. Where was he? Lorn struggled to his feet, and began to walk slowly up the beach in a daze leaning heavily on his staff.

The sun beat down mercilessly, and though he had not gone far he had already been forced to remove his heavy cloak, which he now drug behind him. There was a little water left in his skin, but that wouldn't last long in this heat. Hoping that if he followed the coast long enough he would eventually come to a stream trickling down from those mountains in the interior, Lorn stared down the sandy expanse of beach that stretched out before him, squinting against the cruel rays of the burning sun. Something moved against the backdrop of white sand. There was someone out there! But were they friend or foe? The soldier in him was insistant on this point. Lorn glanced at the jungle a few yards away. Should he hide or had he already been seen? No, he needed answers, he would take his chances with whomever lay in front of him. Head still ringing he grasped his staff more tightly and cautiously started up the beach once more, never taking his eyes off the figure.

If you're looking for more of a general gameplan Lorn's priorties would probably go something like this.

1. Find out who that is up the beach, and what they know.

2. Secure water.

3. Secure Shelter.

4. Secure Food.

5. Once the necessities of survival are sorted out, plan from there.

If you're looking for something else, please let me know and I'll elaborate as best I can. :)

If you want a couple example of my playstyle here are links to a couple other PbP I'm in.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/245988-igs-herald-discord.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/241813-dr-sis-curse-crimson-throne-beta-group.html

Btw, I tinkered with the fluff and wishlist in my character sheet just a touch more, I think I'm finally happy with it, unless there is anything you would like to see added or changed.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redclaw said:
Actually, Hide armor does have a check penalty. So speed is the only thing hurt by the chain switch.

I should really stop drinking before updating. All those columns blur together:D.

Oni said:
I wasn't sure if you were looking for a how would you reply, or more of a general game plan, so I'll give you both.

Looks good.

DEFCON 1 said:
But thanx for the suggestion at any rate. :) I'll get the magic items listed onto him asap.

Good deal

All,

Due to the large amount of great responses so far, and to keep interest up, I'll be making my selection on Friday night @Midnight EST. Once done, I'll open up a new thread for OOC, one for IC, and a RG.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Finished the first draft for Jaeda Brightfeather, elven melee rogue- up in post 38. Power write-ups could be a little prettier, but the info is all there.

mcnathan80

First Post
Theren elf Ranger
[sblock]THEREN, level 1
Elf, Ranger
Build: Archer Ranger
Fighting Style: Archer Fighting Style
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 13, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 10.
Starting Ability Scores
Str 13, Con 13, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 17 Fort: 12 Reflex: 15 Will: 13
HP: 25 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6
TRAINED SKILLS
Nature (10), Heal (8), Athletics (5), Perception (13), Stealth (8).
FEATS
1: Skill Focus (Perception) - +3 to Perception
Bonus: Defensive Mobility- +2 vs OAs
POWERS
1, At-Will: Nimble Strike - Shift before or after attack +6 1d10+4
1, At-Will: Twin Strike - Make two attacks +6 1d10+4
1, Encounter: Two-Fanged Strike - Make two attacks +6 1d10+4(+7 if both hit)
1, Daily: Hunter's Bear Trap - +6 2d10+4 and slowed and ongoing 5 damage (Save ends)
ITEMS
Longbow, Adventurer's Kit, Arrows (30), Hide Armor, Dagger (2)[/sblock]

Pim changeling Rogue
[sblock]PIM, level 1
Doppelganger, Rogue
Build: Trickster Rogue
Rogue Tactics: Artful Dodger
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 13, Dex 17, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 16.
Starting Ability Scores
Str 8, Con 13, Dex 17, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14.

AC: 15 Fort: 11 Reflex: 15 Will: 14
HP: 25 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6
TRAINED SKILLS
Stealth, Thievery, Bluff, Perception, Insight, Streetwise.
FEATS
1: Two-Fisted Shooter
POWERS
1, At-Will: Sly Flourish
1, At-Will: Deft Strike
1, Encounter: Positioning Strike
1, Daily: Confounding Attack
ITEMS
Dagger, Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Crossbow bolts (20), Hand Crossbow, Tanglefoot Bag (level 2)[/sblock]

Owain d'Cannith human Artificer
[sblock]OWAIN D'CANNITH, level 1
Human, Artificer
Build: Battlesmith
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10.
Starting Ability Scores
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 16 Fort: 15 Reflex: 15 Will: 12
HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7
TRAINED SKILLS
History, Arcana, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering, Perception, Thievery.
FEATS
1: Alchemist
1: Weapon Focus (Crossbow)
1: Action Surge
POWERS
1, At-Will: Aggravating Force
1, At-Will: Thundering Armor
1, At-Will: Magic Weapon (Preview)
1, Encounter: Shielding Cube
1, Daily: Lifetap[/sblock]

Just made these with the character builder (that thing rocks!). It's late I'll fix the crunch and add the fluff tomorrow.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases