Lost-Eberron-4E Style

Phaezen

First Post
Here is a summary of Strength of the Unyielding Oak's sheet. I will post the full sheet later this evening.

[Sblock=Strength of the Unyielding Oak]
My foes batter me like the storm batters the ancient tree but, but like the unyielding oak, I will remain standing.

Strength of the Unyielding Oak

Warforged Warden 1

Race Features:
Speed 6
Vision: Normal
Skill Bonus: +2 to Endurance and Intimidate
Living Construct: +2 bonus to saving throwns against ongoing damage
When making a death saving throw, take the better of the die roll or 10.
Warrforged Resolve (Encounter racial power)

Class Features:
Font of Life
Guardian Might: Earthstrength
Natures Wrath
Wardens Fury (At will Class feature)
Wardens Grasp (A will class feature)
LV1 At Will:
Strength of Stone
Thorn Strike
Lv1 Encounter:
Thunder Ram Assault
Lv1 Daily:
Form of the Willow Sentinel (Reskinned as oak)

Feat:
Warforged Tactics

Trained Skills:
Nature (wis), Endurance (con), Perception (wis), Intimidate (Cha)

Stats:
Str: 16 + 2 (Warforged) = 18
Con: 14 + 2 (Warforged) = 16
Dex: 12
Int: 8
Wis: 14
Cha: 10

Basic Equipment:

Armour: Hide, Heavy Shield
Weapon: Battle Axe, 2* Hand Axe
Total Gp 65, so 35 left to spend

[/sblock]

[sblock=description]
Strength of the Unyielding Oak was created at the end of the last war to help defend a group of druids working to reclaim land devestated by the war.

Strength has an unsual appearance for a warforged, the plating over his torso and limbs is crafted from oak, magically hardened to the strength of steel and carved to represent the trunk and branches of his namesake. His head resemles an acorn. His equipment is rustic, but well maintained.

Strength is often slow to speak, prefering to watch a situation unfold. When he does speak he often comes across as slightly dimwitted, but does surprise others with the simplistic clarity of his observations. Having spent many years in the wilderness with a small group he can be very naive.
[/sblock]

Phaezen

Redclaw

First Post
Reflex Defense fixed.

Money appears accurate to me: 30(Hide) +5 (shield) +15 (battleaxe) +15 (st. ad. kit) +10 (2 handaxes)=75, leaving 25gp.

And yes, I was going for a veteran of the Last War. Stellan fought beside the Wardens of the Wood as they reclaimed the Eldeen Reaches.

Oni

First Post
There we go, I put some spacing in to make it a little more readable. I tweaked some of the fluff like alignment and stuff, but mechanically nothing's changed from the previous sheet. Hopefully everything is to your liking.

[sblock=Lorn]Lorn Spellwright

Tradition be damned, I'll not stand by and watch the world run rough shod over my homeland.

Male Human Wizard
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 11, Passive Perception 11
HP 23; Bloodied 11; Healing Surge 5; Surges Per Day 7
AC 18; Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 14
Speed 6
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:bmelee:Quarterstaff (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+2 vs AC; 1d8 damage.

:ranged:Ghost Sound (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Illusion
Range 10. Target: One object or unoccupied square. Effect: You cause a sound as quiet as a whisper or as loud as a yelling or fighting creature to emanate from the target. You can produce nonvocal sounds such as the ringing of a sword blow, jingling armor, or scraping stone. If you whisper, you can whisper quietly enough that only creatures adjacent to the target can hear your words.

:ranged:Light (minor; at-will) ✦ Arcane
Range 5. Target: One object or unoccupied square. Effect: You cause the target to shed bright light. The light fills the target’s square and all squares within 4 squares of it. The light lasts for 5 minutes. Putting out the light is a free action. Special: You can have only one light cantrip active at a time. If you create a new light, your previously cast light winks out.

:ranged:Mage Hand (minor; sustain minor; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Conjuration
Range 5. Effect: You conjure a spectral, floating hand in an unoccupied square within range. The hand picks up, moves, or manipulates an adjacent object weighing 20 pounds or less and carries it up to 5 squares. If you are holding the object when you use this power, the hand can move the object into a pack, a pouch, a sheath, or a similar container and simultaneously move any one object carried or worn anywhere on your body into your hand.
As a move action, you can move the hand up to 5 squares. As a free action, you can cause the hand to drop an object it is holding, and as a minor action, you can cause the hand to pick up or manipulate a different object. Sustain Minor: You can sustain the hand indefinitely. Special: You can create only one hand at a time.

:ranged:Light (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane
Range 2. Effect: Use this cantrip to accomplish one of the effects
given below.
✦ Move up to 1 pound of material.
✦ Create a harmless sensory effect, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint music, or a strong odor.
✦ Color, clean, or soil items in 1 cubic foot for up to 1 hour.
✦ Instantly light (or snuff out) a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
✦ Chill, warm, or flavor up to 1 pound of nonliving material for up to 1 hour.
✦ Make a small mark or symbol appear on a surface for up to 1 hour.
✦ Produce out of nothingness a small item or image that exists until the end of your next turn.
✦ Make a small, handheld item invisible until the end of your next turn.
Nothing you create with this cantrip can deal damage, serve as a weapon or a tool, or hinder another creature’s actions. This cantrip cannot duplicate the effect of any other power. Special: You can have as many as three prestidigitation effects active at one time.

:ranged:Magic Missle (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Force, Implement
Ranged 20; +5 vs Refl; 2d4+5 force damage. Special: This power counts as a ranged basic attack. When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power

:area:Scorching Burst (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Fire, Implement
Burst 1 within 10; +5 vs Refl; 1d6+5 fire damage.

:close:Thunderwave (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Blast 3; +5 vs Fort; 1d6+5 thunder damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier.

:area:Grasping Shadows (standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic
Burst 1 within 10; +5 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and target is slowed until the end of your next turn. Effect: Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of your next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes 5 psychic damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn.

(Prepare Flaming Sphere or Phantom Chasm)
:ranged:Flaming Sphere (standard;sustain minor; daily) ✦ Arcane, Conjuration, Fire, Implement
Ranged 10; +5 vs. Refl; 2d6+5 fire damage; Target: One creature adjacent to the flaming sphere. Effect: You conjure a Medium flaming sphere in an unoccupied square within range, and the sphere attacks an adjacent creature. Any creature that starts its turn next to the flaming sphere takes 1d4+5 fire damage. As a move action, you can move the sphere up to 6 squares. Sustain Minor: You can sustain this power until the end of the encounter. As a standard action, you can make another attack with the sphere

:area:Phantom Chasm (standard; daily) ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic
Burst 1 within 20; 2d6+5 psychic damage, and the target is prone and immobilized until the end of its next turn. Miss: The target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.

Staff of Defense
A staff of defense grants you a +1 bonus to AC.
Staff of Defense (immediate interrupt; encounter)
gain a bonus to defense against one attack equal to your Constitution modifier (+1). You can declare the bonus after the Dungeon Master has already told you the damage total. You must wield your staff.

Spellbook
You possess a spellbook, a book full of mystic lore in which you store your rituals and your daily and utility spells.
RitualsYour book contains three 1st-level rituals of your choice that you have mastered.
At 5th level, and again at 11th, 15th, 21st, and 25th level, you master two more rituals of your choice and add them to your spellbook. Any ritual you add must be your level or lower.
Daily and Utility SpellsYour spellbook also holds your daily and utility spells. You begin knowing two daily spells, one of which you can use on any given day. Each time you gain a level that lets you select a daily spell or a utility spell, choose two different daily spells or utility spells of that level to add to your book. After an extended rest, you can prepare a number of daily and utility spells according to what you can cast per day for your level. You can’t prepare the same spell twice.
If you replace a spell because of gaining a level or through retraining, the previous spell vanishes from your spellbook and is replaced by the new spell.

Alignment Good; Languages Common, Draconic
Str 10 (+0) Dex 10 (+0) Wis 13 (+1)
Con 13 (+1) Int 20 (+5) Cha 8 (-1)
Acrobatics +0, Arcana +10*, Athletics +0, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +6*, Endurance +1, Heal +1, History +10*, Insight +1, Intimidate -1, Nature +6*, Perception +1, Religion +10*, Stealth +0, Streetwise -1, Thievery +0
* Trained Skill
Feats: Improved Initiative, Armour Proficiency: Leather, Ritual Caster
Gear 3gp 9sp, Leather Armour, Dagger, Staff, Backpack, Bedroll, 2x Trail Rations, Belt Pouch, 60gp in Ritual Components, Spellbook, Waterskin
(36.5lbs)

Rituals
Comprehend Languages
Make Whole
Tenser's Floating Disc

Background
Lorn Spellwright is actually Lorn d'Cannith, a member of the influential merchant family that controls the mark of making. Though not blessed (cursed?) with a mark himself, he was trained in the magical arts from a very young age with the intention that he would one day be joining the Fabricators Guild. Lorn however had different plans. Despite the avowed neutrality of the dragonmarked houses Lorn had a deep love for his home country of Cyre, and ran away from his home and name to fight for his homeland. He joined the Cyran military under the name of Lorn Spellwright were he plied his magic as a battle caster. Cyre was desperate enough for warm bodies not too ask too many questions.

Lorn had only been in the field for a few months, though he had already seen his fair share of combat, when his unit was ambushed by the Karrnathi dead that come across the border. The fighting to fierce, but the Cyran's had not been able to hold off the superior force and soon Lorn's country men littered the field. An arrow took out the man to his left, and as Lorn turned to help his comrade he barely even saw the dessicated warrior approach his flank. Lorn tried to dodge, but it was too late, searing sparks rained in front of his eyes and then everything went black.

The year is 994 YK, one week before the Day of Mourning.

A sound he couldn't place roared through Lorn's aching head. He inhaled sharply, but only ended up coughing and gagging as he choked on some gritty substance. Rolling over the light lanced his eyes like fiery needles. The ground felt strange, softer than it should. Finally his eyes adjusted enough that he could open them with a minimal amount of pain, struggling to sit up he looked around. After long uncomprehending minutes the unfamiliar landscape began to sink in. Where was he? Lorn struggled to his feet, and began to walk slowly up the beach in a daze leaning heavily on his staff.

Personality and Appearance
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 152lb

Lorn is a young man in his early twenties, maybe younger. He has straight black hair, that is cropped short in a military fashion. His features are sullen, and his eyes dark. He is dressed in dark leather armour in the style of the Cyran army and wears a tattered and stained grey cloak. He carries staff that forks at the top into a U shape with a small red stone set in the bottom of the curve. He tends to be serious and somewhat curt. Also he's intensely curious, and has a strong desire to know the "why" of a situation (something that probably would have gotten him in trouble had his military career been somewhat longer).

Quirks
Gets easily lost in his own thoughts.

Magic Item Wishlist
1. Magic Leather Armour +1
2. Eagle Eye Goggles +1
3. Staff of Ruin +1
4. Cloack of Distortion +1
5. Power Jewel

[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Evo, the heading for the CS does indeed say 25pb but it is actually 22 points. At least, if I haven't lost my already poor math skills :D.
(10 str, 8 dex, 20 con [16p +2 dwarf], 14 int[5p], 12 wis[+2 dwarf], 11 cha[1p])...missed smething?

Nope no problem, I saw it said 25 pt buy, and didn't bother to figure anything else out, other stuff to reply to, and figured I'd leave you a short note to change it. My bad. :blush:

Money stuff....:blush:. Apparently I can't add for anybody. Looks good, thanks everybody. Updating list on first page...

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hey there! Here's my submission of an elven invoker of the Undying Court from -24,500 years ago... very early in the beginnings of the Undying Court. The skirmishes between the elves and the dragons are in full swing by this point, and fighting those that would enslave them again is at the forefront of their lives.

I have used stonegod's template and fill in many things, although I haven't bothered to insert descriptions for several of my powers yet (other than their names). I'm doing this at work and don't have time to do a complete fill in of all details (and indeed, some of my math may be wrong too for all I know). If I get chosen, I'll of course make any and all corrections and fill in remaining details.

[sblock=Tremael Dailauren]Tremael Dailauren

The beasts that chain us will not hold us down forever. We fight the oppressors for the glory of the Court.

Male Aerenal Elf Invoker
Initiative +3; Senses Low-light Vision; Passive Insight 22, Passive Perception 14
HP 24; Bloodied 12; Healing Surge 6; Surges Per Day 8
AC 16; Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 15
Speed 6
Action Points 1
:bmelee:Quarterstaff (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+1 vs AC; 1d8-1 damage.
:ranged:Avenging Light (standard; at-will) ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
+4 vs Fort; 1d10+4 damage. Effect: If a bloodied ally is adjacent to the target, the attack deals extra radiant damage equal to your Constitution modifier (+2).
Special: You can use this power as a ranged basic attack.
:area:Grasping Shards (standard; at-will) ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant Burst 1
+4 vs Fort; 4 radiant damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
Thunder of Judgment (standard; encounter)
Rebuke Undead (standard; encounter)
Armor of Wrath (standard; encounter)
Elven Accuracy (standard; encounter)
Angelic Echelon (standard; daily)

Channel Divinity
You have the Rebuke Undead and Armor of Wrath divinity powers.
Covenant Of Wrath
When you use a divine encounter or daily attack power on your turn, you gain a bonus to the damage roll equal to 1 for each enemy you attack with the power.
Ritual Casting
Hand of Fate; Make Whole
Elven Accuracy
You can use elven accuracy as an encounter power.
Elven Weapon Proficiency
You gain proficiency with the longbow and the shortbow.
Fey Origin
Your ancestors were native to the Feywild, so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Group Awareness
You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.
Wild Step
You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).
Alignment Good; Languages Common, Elven
Str 8 (-1) Dex 16 (+3) Wis 18 (+4)
Con 14 (+2) Int 13 (+1) Cha 10 (+0)
Arcana +6*, History +6*, Insight +12*, Nature +6, Perception +6, Religion +6*
* Trained Skill
Feats: Skill Focus (Insight)
Gear Chain Armor, Quarterstaff, Longbow, Backpack, Bedroll, Belt Pouch, Flint and Steel, Rope (50 ft.), 2 Sunrods, Trail Rations (10 days), Waterskin;

Background
To fight the dragon oppressors in the dawning days of the Undying Court was an honor that many elves aspired to. With their new island homeland of Aerenal slowly building its standing within the world, and wanting nothing more than to be left alone for once in their long, long lives... those that honored their ancestors would lead their brethren against the scaled menace that held them to the ground for millenia. Tremail Dailauren was one such elf. The divine influence of his ancestors within the Undying Court flowed in and through him, and in time he would be graced to go through the same transformative ritual that would allow him to also join the ranks of the Court.

But for now... the dragons must be put down. For good.

Tremail bears the stature of one who is infused with the spirit of his Deathless ancestors. Tall, lanky, and gaunt, he might be mistaken for a deathless himself if not for the pinkish hue of his alabaster skin. His hair is of the thinnest, finest gold; his fingers bony and yet dexterous; his eyes black and piercing. With a mere look he can see through you, sensing within you your intentions and thoughts. He fights for those that grace him with their power, and the steely reserve keeps him in good stead.

Quirks
Tremail is a foe of all that would be oppressed. He has lived years under the shadow of the dragons' might, and never again will he nor any other suffer as he has.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Certainly are a lot of people interested.

Anyway, I've done up Lorn again in the fancier format a few post up.

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Stellan]Stellan Scarhide

You'll not touch my charges, but you're welcome to try. It's been too long since my teeth have punctured skin.

Male Longtooth Shifter Warden
Initiative +0; Senses Low-light Vision; Passive Insight 10, Passive Perception 15
HP 30; Bloodied 15; Healing Surge 7; Surges Per Day 10
AC 18; Fort 15, Ref 11, Will 15
Speed 6
Action Points 1
:bmelee:Battleaxe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage.
:ranged:Handaxe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.
:melee:Warden's Fury (immediate interrupt; at-will) ✦ Primal, Weapon
Trigger: An enemy marked by you makes an attack that does not include you as a target.
+6 vs. AC; 1d8+4 damage, and the target grants combat advantage to you and your allies until the end of your next turn.
:close:Warden's Grasp (immediate reaction; at-will) ✦ Primal Burst 5
Trigger: An enemy marked by you and within 5 squares of you makes an attack that does not include you as a target.
Effect: You slide the target 1 square. The target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of its turn.
:melee:Thorn Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Primal, Weapon Melee 2
+6 vs. AC; 1d8+4 damage, and you pull the target 1 square.
:melee:Earth Shield Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Primal, Weapon
+6 vs. AC; 1d8+4 damage, and you gain a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.
Longtooth Shifting (minor; encounter) ✦ Healing
Special: You must be bloodied to use this power.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, or until rendered unconscious, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls. In addition, for as long as you are bloodied, you gain regeneration 2.
:melee:Wildblood Fury (standard; encounter) ✦ Primal, Weapon
+6 vs. AC; 1d8+8 damage
Effect: Make the attack one more time, against the same target or a different one.
:melee:Form of the Relentless Panther (minor; daily) ✦ Polymorph, Primal Personal
Effect: You assume the guardian form of the relentless panther until the end of the encounter. In this form you gain a +2 bonus to reflex, and a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies marked by you. In addition, you can shift two squares as a move action.
Once during this encounter you can make the following weapon attack while you are in this form:
(standard) ✦ Weapon
Effect: Before the attack, shift your speed.
+6 vs. AC; 2d8+4, and ongoing 5 (saves ends).
Miss: Half damage and ongoing 2 (save ends).

Font of Life
At the start of your turn you can make a saving throw against one effect that a saving throw can end. On a successful save, the effect immediately ends, preventing it from affecting you this turn.
If you fail the saving throw, you still make a saving throw as normal at the end of your turn.
Wildblood
While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your wisdom modifier instead of your dexterity or intelligence modifier to determine you AC.
In addition, when you take the second wind action, each enemy marked by you takes an additional penalty to their attacks that don't include you as a target. This penalty is equal to your wisdom modifier and lasts until the end of your next turn.
Nature's Wrath
Once during each of your turns you can mark each adjacent enemy as a free action.
In addition you gain the Warden's Fury and Warden's Grasp powers.
Longtooth Shifting
You can use Longtooth Shifting as an encounter power.

Alignment Good; Languages Common
Str 18 (+4) Dex 10 (+0) Wis 18 (+4)
Con 13 (+1) Int 11 (+0) Cha 8 (-1)
Athletics +10*, Endurance +7*, Nature +5*, Perception +5*
* Trained Skill
Feats: Power Attack
Gear Battleaxe
Light Shield
Hide Armor
Standard Adventurer's Kit
2 Handaxes
25 gp

Background
Stellan lived a life of retreat as a cub. His family was constantly on the move, pushed further into the forests of the Eldeen Reaches as Aundair's protection faded and the forces of Karnaath and the Lhazaar Principalities took what was no longer guarded. As he grew to adulthood he heard the call of his inner nature and knew it was time to fight back. Using the very strength of the forest around him, and inspired by its great predators, Stellan learned to shelter those weaker than himself. It was this calling that led him to join the forces fielded by the Wardens of the Wood to drive the bandits from his home.

Stellan is very focused on his duty, and takes his responsibility as a defender seriously. He smiles rarely, but is appreciative of proven companions. He does not possess much subtlety, and often feels that the direct, strong-armed approach is the best. He will, however, bow to logic that will keep his charges safer.

He is still young for a shifter, but his skin shows multiple scars from various battles, the source of his name. His fur is tawny and short, and his eyes are green, suggesting a tie to the cougar whose likeness he takes on in the height of battle.

Quirks
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Elven melee rogue

Jaeda Brightfeather
[sblock]

Catch me if you can! No? I didn't think so...

Female Khorvaire elf Rogue (Artful dodger/aerialist)
Initiative +4; Senses Low-light Vision; Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 19
HP 24; Bloodied 12; Healing Surge 6; Surges Per Day 7
AC 16; Fort 11, Ref 16, Will 12
Speed 7
Action Points 1
:bmelee:Short sword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+4 vs AC; 1d6+1 damage.
:ranged:Shuriken (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

:melee:Piercing strike (standard, at-will) Martial, Weapon
Melee weapon, must be wielding a light blade; +7 vs. Reflex; 1d6+4 damage
:melee:Sly flourish (standard, at-will) Martial, Weapon
Melee or ranged weapon; Attack +7 vs. AC; damage 1d6+6

Elven accuracy (free action, encounter): Reroll one attack roll; use the new result, even if it is worse
:melee:Positioning strike (Standard, encounter) Martial, Weapon
Melee weapon; +7 vs. Will; damage 1d6+4, and you slide the target 2 squares
:melee:Handspring Assault (Standard, daily) Martial, Reliable, Weapon
Melee weapon, must be trained in Acrobatics; +7 vs. AC; damage 3d6+4, and you can shift 2 squares; when charging, this can be used in place of a melee basic attack

Elven weapon proficiency: Proficient with long bow and short bow
Fey origin: Considered a fey creature
Group awareness: Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain +1 racial bonus to Perception rolls
Wild step: Ignore difficult terrain when shifting
Elven accuracy:
Racial (Encounter) power

First strike:
At the start of an encounter, you have Combat Advantage over creatures that have not acted yet
Rogue tactics: Artful dodger (+2 AC vs. OAs)
Rogue weapon talent: +1 to hit with daggers, shuriken damage increases 1 step (to 1d6)
Sneak attack: +2d6 damage, once per round, to a target that you have Combat Advantage over

Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common, Elven
Str 13 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 15 (+2)
Con 12 (+1) Int 8 (-1) Cha 14 (+2)
Acrobatics +10*, Athletics +6*, Bluff +7*, Perception +9*, Stealth +10*, Thievery +9*, Insight +2, Nature +4, Streetwise +2
* Trained Skill

Feats:
Light step

Gear:
Short sword (10 gp; 2 lbs; light blade)
Leather armor (25 gp; 15 lbs; light armor)
Shuriken (x20)(4 gp; 2 lbs; light blade, light thrown)
Dagger (x2)(2 gp; 2 lbs; light blade, light thrown)
Thieves tools (20 gp; 1 lb)
Normal clothing (2 sets; 2 gp; 8 lbs)
Adventurer's kit (23.1 gp; 24.5 lbs)
>Backpack
>Bedroll
>Flint and Steel
>Belt pouch
>Trail rations (6 days)
>Waterskin
>Rope (50 feet, silk)
>Sunrods (x2)
Hammer (5 sp; 2 lbs)
Pitons (x8; 4 sp; 4 lbs)

Spare cash: 13 gp (<1 lb)
Load: 60.5 lbs with pack
Background
For longer than anyone can remember, the traveling caravans of House Phiarlan have brought entertainment and wonder to the people of Khorvaire. Few folk really believe the rumors that speak of secret assasins and spies using those caravans as a cover- their ture magica nd power lies in their ability to amaze royalty and common folk alike with their talent and grace. Even during the depths of the great war, the caravans rolled on all but unhindered. For some folk, and some villages, those caravans might be the only bright spot in a bleak and terrible life, and the entertainers might be the only non-hostile outsiders a border town could expect. Jaeda was born in one such caravan- her mother had retired after a successful career as and adventurer, while her father was a bit of a scoundrel at heart, but had always been a loyal (if unmarked) member of the House. Jaeda was raised on the road, and while she saw some of the terrors of the war up close, she also saw all kinds of new places, and as many wonders as there were terrors. Even at an early age, her talents were impressive, and some of those highly placed in the House took notice of her. When she became interested in seeing what lay beyond the caravan's gaudy tents, a House Scion offered to train her for a "more interesting" career- not long after that she found herself on the road to Sharn. While children down through the ages have dreamed of running away from a dreary home to join the circus, Jaeda became one of the few to run away FROM the circus. As she traveled with Torvald D'Phiarlan, she learned some of the secrets of the House- namely, that they did employ special agents for anumber of covert tasks, and that the years of war had badly thinned the ranks of such agents. She was offered a place among her House's elite, if she could complete the training. One of her first serious lessons involved a night-time chase through the streets and towers of Sharn- more than anything it was to serve as a true assessment of what skills she had, and what she must learn. Unfortunately, one of the shadowy doorways high atop the towers of Sharn led to an entirely unexpected destination- but was this part of the test?

Jaeda is a quintessential tomboy- she is brash and aggressive, and highly confident in her own physical skills. She tends to operate more on instinct than on planning, and is only slowly beginning to develop the thoughtful and reserved nature that most people associate with the elven folk.

5’2”; 120 lbs; short and slender, with the wiry build of a dancer or gymnast; Jaeda is a young elven woman of striking grace and agility. She has skin the color of warm honey, shimmering green eyes, and dark auburn hair that falls to the middle of her back in a single thick braid. She wears close-fitting clothing in a harlequin pattern of black and dark green, with boots and a fitted vest of black leather. A heavy fighting knife hangs at her belt, and a short sword is slung across her back- she carries no other visible weaponry. She favors jewelry and ornaments with a feather motif, often pinning her hair back with a feather-bedecked clasp for instance.

What happened:
The cobble-laid streets were slick with rain and who-knows-what else, and even to keen elven eyes, the few scattered light globes were barely helpful. Jaeda turned another sloping corner, and just caught sight of her quarry's bright blue scarf vanishing through a doorway just at the next corner. She put on a burst of speed, trusting to her years of training and sheer momentum to keep her upright as she skidded through her own turn. She hit the wall, harder than she would have liked, and bounced, hurtling down the new path. It was narrow, and dark as night- but at least it was dry. She ducked her head to avoid the top of the archway, and felt a brief clinging sensation, as if she had passed through a curtain of cobwebs.
And then she was all but blind, as the lightless passage exploded into bright sunlight. She closed her eyes reflexively, and stumbled as the stone tiles turned into mush beneath her feet... Her first thought was that some spell had come into play, but somehow she kept her feet and skidded to a halt. Still glare-blind, she reached over her shoulder to draw her sword, while her other hand clawed outwards, searching for the wall that had been right there- if she could just get something solid at her back she would have a chance... No wall, and her keen ears were picking out sounds that had no relation to where she had just been- that sounded like the surf...
She opened one eye, just a slit- even that was dazzling- but it showed a scene that was certainly nowhere in Sharn. She cursed albeit quietly. The ground beneath her feet was loose white sand, and the nearest solid cover was screen of trees twenty feet over- this couldn't be! Unless, somehow, this was part of the test. House Phiarlan had some powerful illusionists at their disposal, after all. Yes, that had to be it. One eye fully open now, she scanned the beach warily- what would the next part of the illusion hold? There, in the distance- another figure. She squinted, but even her keen elven sight had not adapted to the change in lighting- the glare off the sheer white sand washed all color from whoever it was (or whatever the illusion crafted). With the grace of a cat, Jaeda stepped up towards the tree line, and cover- if it was a real foe, she knew where her advantages lay...

Wishlist:
Level 1: Magic +1 short sword
Level 2: Acrobat boots
Level 3: Safewing amulet
Level 4: Darkleaf leather +1
Level 5: Bag of holding
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Man...this is going to be really hard to choose. Now I know how the rest of you feel when selecting characters. Hockey game is on tonight, I'll be updating during intermission and after the game.

Erekose, the druid looks good, statistically approved(I even added up the equipment right this time! :D)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Atanatotatos, accuracy approved.

All, if you use dragon magazine, please include a link to the source or at least the issue number for easy reference by me in this stage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases