World of Kulan Art Thread (Updated: Aug 27/22)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, I'm going to use this thread as the place that I showcase various art that has been done for World of Kulan by others here at EN World. Some of these images will be familiar to some of you while others might not be recognizable.

In some cases, I've altered the art slightly to increase brightness or change the images contrast.

Also, this thread will be where I ask for any additional requests for World of Kulan. The thread is also an open challenge thread for all artists who wish to flex their artistic muscle by creating a scene based on my World of Kulan story hour or creating other original art based on my various threads scattered across EN World. (I'll post some links in a minute so that those interested don't have to hunt for them.)

I'm always interested in see how others would interpret my campaign world, so this thread is a free-for-all thread where almost anything goes. (Within the normal limits of EN World's Eric's Grandma Rule!)

Anyway, I hope the art that is posted here inspires both the fantasy artists and art fans of EN World.

Cheers!

Knightfall1972

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
First up is the Tree Troll done by ml3. He did this image as part of his FREE Home Brew Monster Art thread.

treetroll-bdr.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Next up is an original sketch done by John O'Conner (a.k.a. Kip the Bold) back when the character request thread was young. Another EN Worlder, at the time, colored the image for me as well. Here's the original image...

Dabuk and Bactra.jpg

And here's the colored version...

Dabuk and Bactra.gif

These two images were the first interpretation of Dabuk and Bactra, and the images have shaped how I see the two characters almost as much as how my friends played them.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's an image done based on an event that happened in my story hour. You can read about it here.

attachment.php

The Companions first meet Salisan Marg

This image was created by Babette Thompson.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ml3 had his own thread for a while but the link I have for it doesn't seem to work anymore. [EDIT] I found it: http://www.enworld.org/forum/art-ga...ng/87720-ml3s-free-home-brew-monster-art.html

Anyway, not ony did the Tree Troll image for me, he did the following image of my winged goblins, which I call the Baklath.

baklath.jpg

These nasty little, flying goblins can be found all over Kulan and considered pests. However, when in large groups, they can be a menace too. :devil:

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ml3 also did this crazy image based on a templated monster I called the Chulataur! :p

Chulataur.jpg

This beastie wasn't original intended for World of Kulan but after ml3 did such an awesome image I decided to make them official.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's another image done based on a section of my story hour. It was done by Malessa.

Jeddar1.jpg

It is based on a soliloquy I did for one of the characters, Jeddar Silversun. I did a soliloquy for each character but it was the one for Jeddar that inspired Malessa the most.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
This thread would never be complete within the artwork that Daniel Schenström did for me. He an I have known each other quite some time now; although, I don't get the chance to talk to him as much.

Daniel has his own website called Griffin Design. Make sure you check out the link. ;)

Anyoen who has browsed through my Lands of Harqual thread has seen the main peice of art he did for Kulan. H had intended for it to be a "world view" image but I found it was more appropriate as "continent view" image for Harqual.

Harqual2-border.jpg

Daniel also did artwork for my other continents as well. The image below is one he did for Janardûn and it is my second favorite.

Janardun-wide.gif

My third favorite is the image he did for Kanpur. Specifically, he did the following image based on Kulan's far east, which includes unique elves and tortles as well as the races from OA.

Tortles1.gif

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Daniel also did a sketch for the Fallenlands. He was only able to do it as a rough sketch but I like it anyways. Now I just have to figure out what the name of the elevated city is going to be called.

rob4.gif

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases