Experience with Decipher's Star Trek RPG

aramis erak

Legend
Thank you Aramis erak, for adding details on the use of the dice for each of his editions of the Star Trek role-playing game.
But what is the best for you to play?

None of the above. I wrote a ruleset back in the early 90's that works far better for me, but it's never been "finished" - it was based upon hybridizing T2K 2.0 and FASA Trek... but with a different skill resolution mechanic than all of the above. It is, however, what taught me that Xd6 vs Skill is essentially a poor mechanic...

FASA and LUG both are preferable to DTrek; PD1 is preferable to FASA and LUG for certain types of campaign. GURPS didn't work well at all; Star Hero was too much work

Starships and Spacemen is a Trek-knock-off, but it's better as it's own thing, not as trek.

Jeux Fictifs

First Post
I play with Decipher's Star Trek because of the players, If I played anything else I would have other players or even less. Or worse, I would have a role play that I like that I would be the only one to play.

Why do you find it lower than throwing who must defeat a target, compare a percentage throw. I agree that the percentage is easy to figure for a player to know his chances of success. But a total of +6 on a roll of two dice, should be easy to find that a target like 8+ will be easy to succeed.

For my part, I had replaced the die of percentage by a die 20, during the fashion of the d20 take the role plays to resemble the D & D ... A simple calculation; 5% of d100 equals 1 on d20. But it was not pleasant for my players of this period.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases