Dragon Warriors RPG

Lancelot

Adventurer
Not playing it yet... but I like the minor tweaks made in the new rules. I also like the convenience and quality of getting the bound versions.

I've purchased all three books currently released through Mongoose, primarily for nostalgia's sake. Our group might give the actual rules a go sometime after one of our two 4e campaigns ends, but in the meantime I'm certainly mining the books for ideas. There's a ton of good campaign meat in the main rulebook (the Lands of Legend, medieval setting info, grittier Old English theme) that's just as useful for a 4e D&D campaign. Plus, the adventures in Sleeping Gods have some excellent atmosphere, and are readily converted to other systems.

I'm looking forward to future releases, particularly any "new" material that comes out for the system. My only complaint so far is the quality of a couple of the maps in Sleeping Gods. The full-page maps are excellent, but the smaller maps are hazy and difficult to read. Would be nice if this could be corrected before The Elven Crystals comes out.

Falstaff

First Post
I own the core rule book and I have both the bestiary and sleeping gods on order. I'm currently running an AD&D campaign, but I've told a few of my players about Dragon Warriors and they seem interested to give it a try. I'm hopeful because I really like the medieval feel of the setting and game.

Crothian

First Post
I haven't seen it for sale yet. I know it is availible just not anywhere I've been. Hopefully, it just bad luck on my part.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Just got mine today. So far, I’m really wishing I’d found this game “back in the day”.
I did. Played it to death, loved it. :cool:

I still have the six original paperbacks, and a bunch of extra meterial from here and there. Haven't had a chance to look at the new edition just yet, but from what I hear, it's an improvement, overall.

'Old Skool' done right, IMO.

garyh

First Post
I know this is a different game entirely, but every time I see a thread about this game, I keep thinking it must be about everyone in the party playing a descendent of Erdrick, and killing slimes at level 1. :)

Falstaff

First Post
I haven't seen it for sale yet. I know it is availible just not anywhere I've been. Hopefully, it just bad luck on my part.

You can order the game from Amazon; that's how I got my copy. I first tried my local game shop, but they don't carry the game or plan to.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've seen this game mentioned several times, but I don't know anything about it. The information on the linked site is very vague... could you tell me more about this game?

Last edited:

Falstaff

First Post
I've seen this game mentioned several times, but I don0t know anything about it. The information on the linked site is very vague... could you tell me more about this game?

Here's a little more:

The game was originally published in the 80s as a series of books. Now it has been reorganized, new art added, some minor tweaks, and republished. It is basically the British version of AD&D. You have classes (Knight, Barbarian, Assassin, Mystic, Warlock, Sorcerer, and Elementalist) with levels, or Ranks. All characters are assumed to be human and the human cultures are clearly defined. All cultures are based on real world cultures from our Dark Ages and early Middle Ages. Characters have health points that function like hit points. Attack is a d20 roll, but you wanna roll low. No clerics, but some of the wizards can cast healing spells. Everything oozes medieval flavor. There are elves, dwarves, dragons, and goblins, but all are approached from a medieval point of view.

Do you have any specific questions?

Remove ads