Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
looking to Kerlin Capizzio asks," you are speaking with the people back ther, what are thay saying? does the hobgoblin speak the truth?"

KerlanRayne

Explorer
looking to Kerlin Capizzio asks," you are speaking with the people back ther, what are thay saying? does the hobgoblin speak the truth?"
"The dwarves are not caught in the Web, they are in the tunnel beyond it. I don't think there is another way out for them, but we can just burn it away once we take care of these 'obstacles' here."

OOC; Is the first weasel dead yet? With Tylara's shot we've done more damage to it that to the spellcaster. How tough can a weasel be?

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Both weasels are, indeed, still alive. They both looked much more sturdy than the wee goblin mage wench. However, they are both now looking none too chipper.

the hobgoblin says to Tylara, "Why of course, Little Elf Darling, it's totally safe for you to take away the webs! Garf and I have only the most noble of intentions for your sylph-like person, honestly!"

Scott DeWar

ooc: keep in mind that those were dire weasels i believe

ic: :I could trust you as far as i could comfortable spit a rat. and since i could never spit a rat, much less comfortabley, you stay in the web."

Scotley

Hero
OOC; Is the first weasel dead yet? With Tylara's shot we've done more damage to it that to the spellcaster. How tough can a weasel be?

OOC: Not to metagame, but having lost more than one character to the blood/constitution draining ability of dire weasels, I'm not taking any chances. I think I can safely assume that as a druid Tylara knows about the threat they represent. Thus...

Tylara sends another arrow (1d20+6=9) into the hole, but perhaps annoyed by the hobgoblin's words, she misses. "If I had a copper for every time I'd heard that 'noble intentions' crap, I'd be sitting in my own seaside palace instead of roaming dungeons for a living. Why don't you come up here and tell me more." She bats her lashes at him and then reaches for another arrow.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Look, I'm more worried about these creatures than the two of you put together. In case it hasn't sunk in through that thick skull of yours the reason we are down here is that we already took out EVERYONE ELSE in the keep! So you go ahead and talk tough, hasn't stopped us so far." Kerlan takes aim and fires again at the weasel, landing a very solid hit. Shot at weasel. (1d20+5=24, 1d8=8)

Lou

Explorer
Xavier Zalev AC 14 HP 24/24

Xavier follows Tylara's lead and fires 17+3=20 at a weasel (damage=5) and then reloads, appearing lost in thought all the while until Kerlan appears to snap him out of his funk.

Leif

Adventurer
One of the weasels now succumbs to the repeated attacks and quietly expires. The other is looking much the worse for wear. The vociferous hobgoblin, however, shows no inclination to shut up: "Keep batting your eyelashes at me, sweetie, and come closer where I can touch you, and I'll happily show you how we do things on MY side of civilization!"

Scott DeWar

"I tire of this useless banter" declares Capizzio. He pulls out a silvered dagger and speaks words of artcane power ... "può questa lamierina persistere nella sconfitta dei miei nemici"

[sblock=spell description]pesistant blade, spell compendium, page 154:
PERSISTENT BLADE
Evocation [Force] Level: Sorcerer/wizard 1
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) 35 feet
Effect: One dagger made of force
Duration: 1 round/level (4 rounds)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes
You hold a dagger in your hand and concentrate on it, evoking the power of the spell. A duplicate of the dagger, made of translucent force, appears besides it and flies off at your command. You bring into being a tiny blade of force. The blade flies at a speed of 40 feet (perfect) and attacks any target within its range, as you desire, starting in the round when you cast the spell. The blade attacks on your turn once each round, striking with an attack bonus equal to your base attack bonus + 1/2 your Int modifier and deals 1d4 points of damage, with a critical threat range of 19–20. If an ally also attacks the creature, the blade moves on your turn to flank the target. As a force effect, it can strike ethereal and incorporeal creatures. The blade cannot be attacked. Each round after the first, you can use a standard action to switch the blade to a new target; otherwise, it continues to attack the same target. If an attacked creature has spell resistance, the resistance is checked the first time the persistent blade strikes. If the blade is successfully
resisted, the spell is dispelled. If not, the blade has its normal full effect on that creature for the duration of the spell. Focus: A silvered dagger.[/sblock]

attack:
1d20+5=25, 1d4=3
possible crit:
1d20+5=14, 1d4=2

Capizzio pulls forth a silvered dagger and speakses the words with force, his attention focused on the weapon. a ghosly image superimposes itself over the dagger and it flies fast and true to the mouthy hobgoblin, striking with a solid thunk.
the blade puls itself out and prepares to attack again, Capizzio standing in a trancelike state the whole time.

[sblock=translation]may this blade persist in defeating my enemies[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases