Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hesh curses out the prone goblin. The harshness of his words and the trust he has in himself pushes him onward, restoring some of his strength. He calls out to Thormir. "Hey, Little One! If thing gets out of line, use those arts of yours to teach it a lesson!" Hesh lashes out with his double flail and lands a crushing blow against the scorpion. The scorpion takes advantage of the opening that the hobgoblin leaves and pushes it's remaining claw towards him. Xandren sees the creature's movement and brings his fullblade to bear, it crashes down on the claw, but is only a glancing blow and the claw continues it's path towards the hobgoblin. The claw snips at Hesh's shoulder, nearly severing the arm. Hesh nearly falls to the ground in pain. The warlock unleash a corruscating red and black ray of magic. It strikes the scorpion fully on the back, and burns through to the sand beneath. The scorpion collapses releasing it's grip on the warforged and the hobgoblin. A swirl of dark power surrounds the scorpion and enters the mouth of Thormir, infusing him with some power.

Initiative: Round 1
Lorn: 24-Acted
Archer: 22-Acted
Scorpions: 21-Acted
Xandren: 20-Acted
Thormir: 19-Acted
Hesh: 7-Acted
Stellan: 5

Lorn: 23/23, HS: 7/7(5) AP: 0
Xandren: 23/30, HS: 11/11(7) AP: 1 Grabbed
Thormir: 32/32 +1 THP, HS: 11/11(8) AP: 1
Hesh: 2/26, HS: 9/9(6) AP: 1 Bloodied
Stellan: 30/30, HS: 10/10(7) AP: 1
Scorpion1: (@ AE-12) dead
Scorpion2: Dead
Archer: (@ W-14) -12 prone

[sblock=ooc]Good catch on the combat challenge. Beer is my BBEG. Second scorpion is down from Thormir's attack. The way I see it is Xandren got the II for the scorpion attacking. The scorpion then got it's attack and because of that Thormir takes his attack. Pact boon activated, so Thormir gets 1 thp. I'll give Redclaw a little later tonight to post, otherwise I'll NPC him to keep things moving.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
If Stellan doesn't get in the way Lorn will move to AC8 and Scorching burst W13, that should negate any penalty for cover and prone.

Int vs. Ref (1d20+5=14)
Fire Damage (1d6+5=11)

If Stellan action puts him where he would be hit by that Lorn will double run to U9 instead.

Sorry not to be more elaborate, but I don't have time to make a longer post and I don't want to hold you up from getting to the other fellows actions, so I'll leave the narration to you.

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Stellan watches as the scorpion nearly kills the hobgoblin. But soon after the warlock puts the creature down. He grabs Hesh's arm, it looked to him like it was dislocated from when scorpion had had the hobgoblin in his grip. A sharp tug from the shifter and it popped back into place. Stellan then quickly moves to the edge of the stream, stopping in the thick mud and pebbles while drawing out his handaxe.

Lorn moves forward around the body of the scorpion that he killed and stops near the edge of the building. Seeing the goblin laying prone on the edge of the ship, he intones a word of power and gestures with his staff. A burst of flame engulfs the creature and it screams, clear that his attack succeeded.

After the flame clears, the goblin can no longer be seen again.

[sblock=ooc]Stellan uses first aid on Hesh. Hesh can use second wind as a free action. I'll include the hp in the status below unless you don't want to take your second wind. How do you change the title on the main page of playing the game? That way I can flag people to where we are at.[/sblock]

Initiative: Round 2
Scorpions: 21-Dead
Xandren: 20
Thormir: 19
Hesh: 7

Lorn: 23/23, HS: 7/7(5) AP: 0
Xandren: 23/30, HS: 11/11(7) AP: 1 Grabbed
Thormir: 32/32 +1 THP, HS: 11/11(8) AP: 1
Hesh: 8/26, HS: 7/9(6) AP: 1 Bloodied
Scorpion1: dead
Scorpion2: Dead
Archer: -23 Hidden?

Attachments

• beach round 2.xls
    28 KB · Views: 111

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:Evo, to change the title you need to full edit the opening post of the thread.

Damnit, did the sneaky bastard hide!? Can you see him guys? grumbles Thormir as he tries to spot the sniper, while moving in the direction he was a moment before, getting himself in the shallow water of the river,next to Stellan.

[sblock=actions]move to Z12(shadow walk); minor:perception to spot archer: 9. I suppose that means Thormir sees nothing. So he will ready an action to attack the archer should it become visible again, or should an ally spot him and point him to Thormir.[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats,concealed]Thormir Brassbeard, Dwarf Warlock 1
Init:-1 Speed:5 Insight:16 Perception:11, low-light vision
AC:14 For:15 Ref:13 Will:12
Hp:32/32+1t Surge:8 Surges/d:11/11
SW:1/1 AP:1/1 Item Power:1/1
Basic attack(ranged): eldritch blast +5 vs Ref,1d10+5 dmg, rng10
Basic/opportunity attack(melee): warhammer +2 vs AC, 1d10+1 dmg
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke
Diabolic Grasp
Flames of Phlegetos[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Xandren moves towards the stream, ready to engage the archer as soon as he reappears.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - Move to AE13.

Standard action - Ready a charge against the archer as soon as Xandren can see the archer. If the archer is out of charge range, can I have this be a move to as close to the archer as possible, instead?[/sblock]

[sblock=Xandren's Info]Xandren- "Male" Warforged Fighter 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:23/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Footwork Lure
Reaping Strike

Covering Attack
Warforged Resolve

Comeback Strike

Full character sheet[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
The warforged and the warlock move forward in pursuit of their unseen foe, ready to attack the goblin when he shows himself. Meanwhile, The Lost are being stalked themselves. A large red and black beetle, the size of small dog emerges from a nearby ship. It smells of sulphur and it shimmers in the hot air as if itself were quite warm. Seeing the prey in the water is sprays out a blast of liquid fire from it's mandibles. The blast is ill-timed though, and Thormir and Stellan are able to duck beneath the water and avoid the blast.

Almost as soon as the dwarf surfaces, a pair of the bugs that attacked birds earlier charge from the trees, one at him, the other at Lorn. Thormir is nearly knocked into the water from the force of the bug as it wraps around his bicep and sucks hard drawing blood. The wizard is similary impaired as one begins drawing blood from his shoulder.

Initiative: Round 2
Xandren: 20-Acted
Thormir: 19-Acted
Bugs: 14-Acted
Beetle: 8-Acted

Lorn: 22/23, HS: 7/7(5) AP: 0 Grabbed(ongoing damage on next turn)
Xandren: 23/30, HS: 11/11(7) AP: 1
Thormir: 29/32 , HS: 11/11(8) AP: 1 Grabbed(ongoing damage next turn)
Hesh: 8/26, HS: 7/9(6) AP: 1 Bloodied
Archer: -23 Hidden? Bloodied
B1: Grabbing Lorn
B2: Grabbing Thormir
FB:

[sblock=ooc]Crit on Thormir! No ready actions trigger due to new opponents. Garyh, I'll let you ready movement to the goblin if you can see it, making the attack if possible.[/sblock]

Attachments

• beach round 2 update.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The furry creature's first aid gave the hobgoblin a moment of respite, but then the goblin vanished and new bugs entered the fray. Bugs? Bugs?! Really? Come now. Have you seen the size of the bugbears of the Seventh Fist? That'll scare you. But bugs?!? Having pumped himself up again, he walks up to the ugly thing swarming the dwarf and attempts to shove it, snarling at Thormir, Hey, Little One, can't take a little blood? Come on! Show it who's boss!

[OOC: Minor: Inpsire himself again 12 hp; Move up to the stirges. Standard: :melee: Furious Smash: Fort 18, 3hp. If it hits, Thormir gains a +3 to hit and damage vs. the stirges.][sblock=Hesh]Hesh Sul'taskh—Male Hobgoblin Bravura Warlord 1
Initiative: +5, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 13, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 20/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 6, Surges left: 6/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Used
Powers -
Brash Assault
Furious Smash

Luring Focus
Fearless Rescue
Inspiring Word x 2
Hobgoblin Resilience

Oni

First Post
Gah! Damn it!

Lorn hadn't been thinking about the strange bugs they'd seen earlier at the edge of the jungle and he fumed inwardly for not paying attention even as he winced in pain as the creature bored into his should. He tried to swat it away inneffectualy a couple times before collecting his wits again. Taking a deep breath he tried to calm down and clear his mind. Steeling himself agains the loud crack of thunder to come he reached ackwardly around tried to direct the spell back over his shoulder.

[sblock=ooc]

Invisible castle seems to be down, if you could go ahead and roll for me that would be appreciated.
[Edit: Backup so I'll go ahead and roll them.]

Standard: Thunderwave Bug 1.
Thunderwave: Int vs. Fort (1d20+5=15)
Thunder Damage (1d6+5=11)

If it hits push Bug 1 to AD6 and Lorn will move to AB12.

If it doesn't it Lorn will try an athletics check +0 vs. Fort to escape, if successful he'll shift to AB8
Athletics (1d20=20)

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Lorn Spellwright- Male Human Wizard 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:22/23, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 0
Powers -
Magic Missle
Scorching Blast
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere

Conditions:

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hesh inspires himself to greater deeds and moves forward into the mud swings his flail in a heavy blow. He calls to Thormir, "Hey, Little One, can't take a little blood? Come on! Show it who's boss!"
The blow rocks the bug, but it grip on the dwarf stays tight.

Stellan steps back out of the mud, nearly losing a boot in the process. He swings his battleaxe in an overhead arc, thorny vines sprout from his sleeve and take hold of the axe, extending his reach as the vines complete the swing at the attached bug. Unfortunately, the bug is too small of a target and the axe whistles by Thormir's head. The vines go back up his sleeve and return the axe to his hand.

Lorn on the other side of a ship, tries to swat the bug off him, but he is ineffectual. Taking his staff in both hands, holding it horizontal in front of him, he intones arcane syllables, and thunder booms around him, wounding the creature and knocking it loose from him, but not before it weakened the mage due to it's blood loss.

Initiative: Round 3
Xandren: 20
Thormir: 19
Bugs: 14
Beetle: 8

Lorn: 17/23, HS: 7/7(5) AP: 0
Xandren: 23/30, HS: 11/11(7) AP: 1
Thormir: 29/32 , HS: 11/11(8) AP: 1 Grabbed(ongoing damage next turn)
Hesh: 20/26, HS: 7/9(6) AP: 1
Archer: -23 Hidden? Bloodied
B1: -11 bloodied
B2: -3 Grabbing Thormir, marked by Stellan
FB:

[sblock=ooc]Oni, I moved Lorn one sq short to due stellan being in that spot. let me know if u want to be somewhere else.[/sblock]

Attachments

• beach round 3.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 109

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Since Stellan moved, Lorn will go to AA12 instead. That probably sets him up better for next round anyway.

Hope the fire spraying bug can't AoE. ><

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases