Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

Oni

First Post
Lorn nods in agreement with the Thorin.

I don't know that she is a mage, but always better to be cautious when assessing the belongings of one the Houses...

Believe me, they'll go to great lengths to protect what's theirs...well anyway give me a moment to check for anything unusual on the magical side of things. Well outside of the rest of the strangeness here.

He sighed heavily at that last thought, but closed his eyes and began to concentrate, opening his mind to the tell tale signs of magery. Eventually he looks up and shrugs.

Seems ok, or more to the point I couldn't find anything.

[sblock=ooc]

Arcana: Sense the Presence of Magic (1d20+10=12)

Blah, not that I'd have made it, but geez the DC's for this skill are high.

Btw, if/when we can I'd like to spend a healing surge.

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hesh gathers up the silver box and The Lost head over to the captain's quarters. The bed here, unlike across the hall, is not made. A map, with several pins in it hangs on the wall above a table. Lorn recognizes the map as modern Eberron. Well at least Khorvaire and Xen'drik. One of the pins is pushed into Sharn, another in Stormreach. The pins then go around the northern tip of Xen'drik and eventually stop. Lorn figures the pin mark the ships plotted course. A locked heavy wooden chest sits at the edge of the captain's bed. Of the dog there is no sign. All that remains is the hold.

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=evo]
Lorn recognizes the map as modern Eberron. Well at least Khorvaire and Xen'drik.

Does this mean that Thormir does not?
[/sblock]

Uhm. That seems more of a plain chest. Let's see if there's some good shiny gold in there! says Thormir, greedily. Should I blast the lock open or is some of you good with lockpickin'? Or perhaps you want to try with my hammer?

Oni

First Post
Oh...hurm...the captian, or whatever is left of him, probably has the key.

Lorn shrugged and turned back to study the map, secretly appreciating its familiarity.

From what I gather this ship did not arrive here as we did. The ship was near Xen'drik when it was blown off course. We...we must be near there, relatively speaking anyway.

He turned to face the others.

Of course that really doesn't help us much. Why don't we go have a look below and get off this dead man's ship. I don't like it here and I don't like leaving the others waiting on the shore any longer than we can help it. Too many nasty surprises on this damned island.

[sblock=ooc]

By any chance we didn't happen to spy any signs of the Rotten Maiden on our trip out here did we?

You said earlier this ship was foundering, what's the current situation in regards to that?

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]A line of undead, walking underwater, to what seemed a specific destination was seen on the way here. If standing near the stairs leading down, you here the sound of splashing water from the hold.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hesh looks over the map. Part of its seems familiar, but the names were all wrong. What was 'Sharn'? That should be Ja’Shaarat. And these other places with weird names. Was it true what the others said. What he out of time? What happened?

When the wizard talks, he turns away. We either open this chest or take it with us. If we're going to be stranded, we need to take everything we can that's useful. Quick.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Too big to take it with us. Here, 'forged, try to pick that lock with my hammer. grins Thormir, while handing his heavy warhammer to Xandren.

Oni

First Post
Right no sense in wasting time, nor in hauling around a chest of which the contents may be of no use.

Lorn pointed his staff at the lock and with a quick word unleashed a pulse of force.

[sblock=ooc]

Magic Missle the lock on the chest.

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
A couple of well placed magic missles from Lorn and the lock on the chest is useless. Opening the lid reveals several items. Several pairs of clothes are folded inside. There is also a pair of wrought iron bracers tucked carefully away inside. They feel warm to the touch. At the bottom of the chest, wrapped in a silk cloth is a small red jewel. It flickers with internal light.

In the jungle...

Finallly the hobgoblin with the implements notices that Stellan is awake. He comes to stand in front of the shifter, holding a serrated dagger. "I promise that your death will be quick if you tell me the truth." He grabs the defenseless shifter by the hair, jerking his head upward, and putting the blade to his throat. Slowly, almost like he is touching a lover with his fingertip instead of dragging the tip of the dagger, he draws the blade across the shifter's cheek. The blade comes close to drawing blood, but doesn't. Quickly the hobgoblin slices at the air above the shifter's head, and shows the Stellan the length of hair, his hair that he now holds. "Just lie a little bit, I enjoy my job."

Remove ads