Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The dwarf looks at Hesh stroking his beard. Dhakaan empire? Of course, I see...Long live Lhesh Haruuc, may the Sovereign Host preserve him, and all that... mumbles Thormir
The hobgoblin frowns at the dwarf again, but is too intent on the answer from the other stranger. All he adds is, I do not know this High Warlord Haruuc you speak of dwarf; you should know that that great marhu has many lhesh. This Haruuc is not one I know.[sblock=Goblin]Lhesh is Goblin for High Warlord; marhu is Emperor.[/sblock]Hesh narrows his eyes to try to get a better look at the other figure. Answer, stranger!

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Between the new figure and the strange aerial combat, Xandren has his fullblade out in a flash and adopts a combat-ready posture.

EvolutionKB

First Post
The width of the beach is about 100 feet from the edge of the jungle to the edge of the water. The birds were of the tropical variety, long-billed for getting at fruit, and brightly colored.
The surf drowns out most of what is said, but the goblinoid thinks the others can make it out for what it means by his body language. Another creature comes into view to the hobgoblin. Even from this distance, Hesh can tell it is quite large, about the size of a bugbear. It is clear the creature's blade is drawn, but also clear that the creature's attention is not on Hesh or Thormir, but the strange bug-like creatures that killed the birds.

stonegod

Hesh throws up his arms. They can't hear me from here!. Come, little man, we'll see who these people are.

Pantomiming to the strangers across the way, Hesh gestures at a point of beach halfway between the groups. They'll meet us there... or they won't. Only one way to find out.

With that, he hops off the deck and starts trudging across the beach.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thormir listens to Hesh's speech with his mouth agai wide-open, and hearing his last words, he slapped his own face in incredulity. I've encountered a madman,he thought, worse, madhob!
Despite everything, Hesh seemed Thormir only, albeit only potential, ally. So he started to do his best to follow him on his short legs. Wait, ye long-legged hobb!

Redclaw

First Post
Stellan squinted into the sunlight as it reflected off the white sand. He couldn't make out many details about the two figures further down the beach, but he was pretty sure one was a dwarf. He hadn't seen many of them, but one didn't forget that stocky build. There seem to be some others over there, the shifter said, pointing them out to the warforged and human. I think one is a dwarf.

Dropping to the sand below the ship they were all standing on, Stellan paused to enjoy the feel of the sand under his feet. He hated being separated from Eberron and was happy to be returned to it, even if it was an area of the world he knew nothing about. Refreshed, but still cautious, he set out to intersect the path the others were making across the sand.

Oni

First Post
Lorn squinted at the horizon.

A dwarf, huh?

Well whatever, maybe they can tell us were we are, he mused.

It was then he noticed that the shifter was already headed down the beach. Lorn took one final look around the spot where he suddenly appeared, secretly hoping for some new insight. Seeing it was not to be had he quickly turned and trotted after Stellan. He kept looking toward the edge of the jungle as he moved though, wary of any new surprises.

EvolutionKB

First Post
The hobgoblin strode through the sand with a purpose. The dwarf, with the shorter legs was slightly behind him. They stopped at the point indicated by Hesh and that is where they met the other three.

The shifter loped easily through the sand. He is off, before the human even realizes it and wizards hurries to catch up. The wood and stone warforged keeps his blade unsheathed at ready for threats, whether from more bugs or the pair he was about to meet. The human was his charge...at least for now. A hobgoblin, orange skinned and tall, was unfamiliar to the warforged, as was the dwarf who was short, bearded, and broad shouldered. But everything was new to the warforged right now.

stonegod

The hobgoblin shook his head at the strange beings that strode up to him. The elves truly must be mad to have some dealing with all of you. But we'll get to the bottom of this yet. But first, introductions. I am Hesh Sul'tashk, Warleader of the 5th Spine of the Hundred Strong. This little one.... He frowns a moment. This one has not told me his name. As for you three... You are an unusual lot. What are the elves' interest in whatever you are.

garyh

First Post
"I am Xandren," says the large warforged, "servant of the giants of Xen'drik. I've never seen the likes of any of you - though if you're Quori nightmares, they would seem to have lost their imagination - but I do know of elves. My kind and theirs serve the giants together against the Quori."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases