Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

EvolutionKB

First Post
One said:
He kept looking toward the edge of the jungle as he moved though, wary of any new surprises.

Lorn squints his eyes. The jungle is thick and dark. The mage can see a few monkeys in the trees chewing on mangos. Birds, like the variety that were killed by the bugs chatter to each other as well. Of the bugs themselves, you see no sign.

[sblock=History DC: 20 Stellan and Lorn only]Hesh's title doesn't sound like a Darguun title. [/sblock]
[sblock=History DC: 18 Thormir only] From what the hobgoblin has said and the title he has given is a little strange. No title currently exists in modern Darguun like that. [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"But I do know of elves. My kind and theirs serve the giants together against the Quori."
Hesh narrowed his eyes, the grip on his double-ended flail tightening. He was a poor student of history, and only knew one thing. If you work with the elves, you work with the enemy. Thus you are a foe to the People. You may have yet to strike, but your purpose is clear now. Tell us what your foul masters seek!

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thormir was not particularly pleased at the sight of the new people... well, at least the human seemed more or less civil. He started to finally utter his name: I am Thormir Brassbeard of the Mror Hol... but before he could finish his phrase, something rang in his head. What did the strange warforged say? Waddaya mean ya serve tha giants in Xen'drik?? With elves? The Quori?? then he looks back at Hesh: ...and when tha hell did the hobbos start war again with the pointy-ears?? Is this a bad joke?? Then he took another good look at Xandren: And what did those Cannith have in their mind when they made this weird 'forged??, concluded the dwarf with his eyes wide-opened in disbelief.

ooc:history:15

garyh

First Post
"Serve the elves?" the warforged laughs. "What a laughable idea. No one serves the elves. They are servants of the giants, as are my kind." Still, seeing the strange creature (Hobo, the other one called him?) grip his flail tighly, Xandren got a firmer grip on his fullblade as well.

Turning to the short, hairy creature, Xandren replies, "I do not know these Cannith you speak of, but unless that is the word for 'giant' in your tongue, I do not understand you."

Oni

First Post
As they drew nearer, and the details of the strange oncoming pair grew more apparent Lorn began to frown. A damned hobgoblin. There just seemed to be one surprise after another here.

As they came face to face on the sands, Lorn stayed quiet trying to get a better gauge on the odd duo. It became quickly apparent however that the conversation was not heading in a good, much less helpful, direction. There was a more pressing matter at hand anyway.

Ahem, Pardon me, but I don't know anything about any elves, other than I've no great love for the land stealing bastards.

Lorn didn't have any great love for landstealing hobgoblin bastards either, but that didn't seem a prudent thing to mention at the present. Of course it seemed like everyone in Khorvaire was trying to carve their pound of flesh from Cyre these days.

Now maybe you can do us a great service and tell us where we are.

[sblock=ooc]

History DC 20 (1d20+10=16)

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Good. This would be the second time I've tried posting this today.[/sblock]

[sblock=Lorn]Suddenly, something clicks in the mage's head. Lorn remembers a dragonmarked cousin who went to Xen'drik to research the giant civilization. When he returned, he brought with him an arm. It was made of stone and wood. House Cannith looked it over with interest and concluded that it was a warforged arm. Primitive warforged in the giant civilization?[/sblock]

[sblock=Those from the (recent)present: Nature DC 15] The fifth spine is a moutainous region, a place of ancient goblinoid ruins. It is to the West of Q'barra, and the North of what is modern Valenar. If you succeed on thsi check, you also can read the spoilers below[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hesh looks at the group with narrowed eyes. The elves serve giants? Your as mad as you are odd. They serve only themselves and their debased death-worship, feh. But I agree with this one"—he motions to the elf-like one with odd ears and less sharp features—"they are land stealing bastards." He turns to Lorn. "Your... golem?... is broken, spouting such nonsense. And your..."—he looks the shifter up and down, trying to make sense of him—"...your beastly tuuvoto... what is it? It is as if one took a guul'dar and bred him with one of the enemy. The hobgoblin visibly shudders at the thought.[sblock=Goblin]Tuuvoto: Slave. Guul'dar: Ancient name for bugbears.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
A low growl starts to sound from Stellan's throat. Be careful, goblin, he warns Hesh menacingly. Push me too far and you'll see how beastly a longtooth can be. I don't know who you are, or any of the places you've mentioned. I have no fight with you, but neither have I any reason to tolerate your insolence. He looks out at the vast expanse of water. I was defending my home mere moments ago, chasing human filth from the pristine forests of the Reaches. I need to get back there, to protect the others from the Lhazaarites.

He turns to the Cyran and warforged. Your tribe have been encroaching on our lands, too, so you have no right to complain about land-stealers. But I was far from the southern Reach where you have invaded. I can not understand why we are here together.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Now, now... let us all calm down, look at the situation please, lads. says Thormir, interposing himself between the shifter and the hobgoblin.
There's something really strange here. You, hobbo! I understand your hatred for the pointy-ears, it's not like I like them either, but they rebelled from the giants lots of thousands of winters ago, ya know? Everyone who studied some history knows that! And you, furry, what's this talk of Lhazaarite pirates invading the Reaches? And Cyrans?? You mean from New Cyre, in Breland? But I heard nuthin' of it!

ooc:Nature 15 (which is the "spoiler below" that I can read?

Remove ads