Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

garyh

First Post
Having slain one bug, Xandren turns his attention to the fire beetle. His feet churning sand and stream, the warforged charges the beetle, landing a severe slice with his fullblade. The beetle, if still alive, turn its attention to Xandren now.

"Like I said," Xandren tells the group, "giant monstrous insects are something I know how to deal with."

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - Move to AA9.

Standard action - Charge against FB, ending movement in Y9.

Charge B2 (1d20+8+1=26, 1d12+4=11)

Hits AC 26 for 11 damage. Marking FB.[/sblock]

[sblock=Xandren's Info]Xandren- "Male" Warforged Fighter 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:23/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Footwork Lure
Reaping Strike

Covering Attack
Warforged Resolve

Comeback Strike

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=All PCs]Oni, you are right. I never interpretted it that way. The extra damage it takes kills B2. Everybody after the beetle's action can change your action if you wish. I'll make a new post as necessary. It would be post 95 on page 5. PCs that need actions are Hesh, Stellan(Will do the same thing/same rolls), and Lorn(still want to thunderwave?)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Hearing the click of a crossbow behind him, Lorn whirled raising his staff, trying to throw up a shield against the surprise attack.

[sblock=ooc]

I'll use my staff of defense raising my AC to 19 against the archer's attack on the off chance that'll stop it.

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Lorn Spellwright- Male Human Wizard 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:9/23, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 0
Powers -
Magic Missle
Scorching Blast
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere

Conditions:

garyh

First Post
[sblock=All PCs]Oni, you are right. I never interpretted it that way. The extra damage it takes kills B2. Everybody after the beetle's action can change your action if you wish. I'll make a new post as necessary.[/sblock]

[sblock=Xandren's altered turn]Xandren will move to AA9 and charge to Y9, attacking the Fire Beetle. I'll stick with the same rolls as above, as IC didn't know or care who I was attacking. : ) Marking the Fire Beetle.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm back!!!! We got power back late Monday.

I tried to post yesterday morning, but got booted from ENWorld, then couldn't get back on. Regardless, I'll stick with the NPCed actions, as IC made me miss on my attempt yesterday. ;) [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Xandren moves toward the thunder blasted bug. As he gets closer, he sees two of the four wings the creature has are fractured and broken from the wave of thunder. Not hesitating any longer than he does to get into position, he charges the hovering bug and swings fully, sending two pieces of the creature out into the jungle and black smear on the edge of his blade.

BURN! roars Thormir, slightly sputtering, the stream was up to his chest and water was in the air with the dwarf flailing about, trying to get free. As he calls on his infernal power, the bug bites down a little harder. Then the dwarf completes his incantation in fiery retribution and the creature blackens and smokes. In response to the bug's attack, vines burst from the water, wrapping around the insect's body, and flinging it off the dwarf.

The beetle steps closer to the dwarf, mandibles clicking with hunger. The creature clamps down on Thormir's shoulder going through his armor, but the pain is no match for the dread that the warlock feels when he thinks of being roasted by the creature's liquid fire. As the creature mandibles drip blood, a fury ignites in the warlock, and infernal fire burns the bug again, but this time the fire consumes it, and pieces of it's exoskeleton flows downstream into the ocean.

Hesh looks around, trying to find the hidden archer. The only thing he seees is the sand blowing in the wind, and the only things he hears is the rushing of the stream past him. The hobgoblin swings his double flail in a upward motion at the bug attached to Thormir's bicep. Unfortunately, the other end strikes prematurely at the surface of the stream sending a spray of water into his face and sending his blow way wide. The mistake leaves the hobgoblin open to attack from the bug, but the bug hovers in the air, not attacking the confident leader.

Stellan closes the distance, vines writhing in the mud, ready to strike at the beetle. He swings his battleaxe in a flurry of strikes. The first bounces off the beetle's carapace. The second connects, cracking the outer shell. Bubbling red goo seeps from the crack.

Lorn half swims half walks through the stream, coming up on the other side. He unleashes another wave of thunder on the remaining bug. The beetle is caught in the blast and tumbles through the sand, coming to a stop again on it's feet.

After Lorn's spell is complete, he sees a shape rise from the large ship nearby, he raises his staff in as a bolt flies from the goblin's crossbow. A pulse of force projects outward, and deflects the bolt, but not enough, as he feels pain in his shoulder. Turning around he sees a crossbow bolt sticking out and a brief form is seen on top of the nearby ship, before disappearing once again.

Having slain one bug, Xandren turns his attention to the fire beetle. His feet churning sand and stream, the warforged charges the beetle, landing a severe slice with his fullblade. The beetle, if still alive, turn its attention to Xandren now.

"Like I said," Xandren tells the group, "giant monstrous insects are something I know how to deal with."

Initiative: Round 4
Lorn: 24-Acted
Archer: 22-Acted
Xandren: 20-Acted
Thormir: 19
Beetle: 8
Hesh: 7
Stellan: 5

Lorn: 9/23, HS: 7/7(5) AP: 0
Xandren: 23/30, HS: 11/11(7) AP: 1
Thormir: 18/32 +1 temp, HS: 11/11(8) AP: 1
Hesh: 20/26, HS: 7/9(6) AP: 1
Stellan: 30/30, HS: 10/10(7) AP: 1
Archer: -23 Hidden? Bloodied, last seen at P12(on top of the ship)
FB: -21 bloodied marked by Xandren

[sblock=ooc]Good to have you back Redclaw! I'm glad that got straightened out, thanks for understanding everybody. Everybody saw the gobbo pop out and snipe before disappearing again. Thormir through Lorn can go ahead and act now. The beetle's action will probably be shockingly predictable considering it's situation. Next update will be tomorrow night[/sblock]

Attachments

• beach round 4 again.xls
    29 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thormir grins in satisfaction when the blood-sucking bug is burned to ashes, and absorbs a portion of its life power. He gets out of the mud to get closer to the archer, but not seeing it, he readies to blast him on sight. Leave the little guy to me! You squash the big bug!

[sblock=actions]move to V12, activate shadow-walk;ready action as soon as he can see the goblin archer:eldritch blast on goblin 17 vs ref, 14 dmg non-lethal dmg if possible; minor: second wind(8hp)[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats(concealed)]Thormir Brassbeard, Dwarf Warlock 1
Init:-1 Speed:5 Insight:16 Perception:11, low-light vision
AC:14 For:15 Ref:13 Will:12
Hp:27/32+1 Surge:8 Surges/d:10/11
SW:0/1 AP:1/1 Item Power:1/1
Basic attack(ranged): eldritch blast +5 vs Ref,1d10+5 dmg, rng10
Basic/opportunity attack(melee): warhammer +2 vs AC, 1d10+1 dmg
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke
Diabolic Grasp
Flames of Phlegetos[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hesh peers around again, not seeing the damnable goblin. Instead, he forces himself out of the water and attempts to shove the bug into the "golem's" reach.

OOC: Move next to the FB and use :melee: Furious Smash: 1d20+5=15. 3hp to the target, and Xandren gets a +3 to atk/damage vs it.[sblock=Hesh]Hesh Sul'taskh—Male Hobgoblin Bravura Warlord 1
Initiative: +5, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 13, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 20/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 6, Surges left: 6/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Used
Powers -
Brash Assault
Furious Smash

Luring Focus
Fearless Rescue
Inspiring Word x 2
Hobgoblin Resilience

Redclaw

First Post
Don't be too reckless, dwarf, Stellan says as he steps toward the fire beetle. That goblin moves like a trained warrior. He'll not be easy to bring down, and he might not be alone. Having said peace, the shifter once again swings his axe at the incendiary insect, smiling in satisfaction as his axe bites into its carapace.

[sblock=ooc] Move Action: move to Y12, then X11, ending next to the beetle.
Standard Action: Earth Shield Strike vs. fire beetle, hits AC 24 for 5 damage. He gains a +1 bonus to AC UTENT
Free Action: Mark the fire beetle [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases