Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

EvolutionKB

First Post
The sun is bright upon the brows of the newcomers even at it's current height in the sky. It will only be a matter of a few hours before it dips below the horizon, leaving the Lost in the dark, without a source of water, shelter, or an idea of what exactly has happened.

[sblock=Oni]No information currently comes to mind at the origin of the strange warforged before you, although it is definately not modern. After it speaks though, you do remember pieces from your education about a war long ago between giants and creatures called quori in Xen'drik.[/sblock]

[sblock=Redclaw]If you want to stay hidden give me a stealth check with a +2 bonus. NM, I took care of it. Don't forget, you see another pair down the beach.[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The hobgoblin looks at the dwarf with irritation. Well, dwarf, speak! Or have they elves taken your ears as well?

Oni

First Post
I'm no elf either, he said somewhat bitterly.

He returned its inhuman gaze as though considering what to do next. Finally he spoke.

I am Lorn. If you're not my enemy then you've nothing to worry about from me.

His stance relaxed the rest of the way and he sighed as he squinted up at the sun beating down on them. This was all very strange, not so long ago he was facing certain death and now he was standing gods knew where on some beach talking to an antiquated warforged that seemed to think it was fighting some millennia old war. It was clearly addled. Speaking to the sky he asked no one in particular, Where are we, what's going on?

Lorn glanced back down at the unusual warforged, something it said bubbling back to the surface of his mind.

You don't know where you are do you? How did you get here?

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"No, I do not know where we are," Xandren replied. "I was fighting a Quori monstrosity when lightning struck my blade. I blacked out, and the next thing I was aware of, I was here."

Oni

First Post
Lorn frowned.

Hmm, That's sounds very similar to what happened to me. We were fighting for our lives against a Karrnathi patrol and just when it looked like my time was up there was this blast, like lightning, and the next thing I now I'm here. Where ever here is...

He licked his lips and looked up at the sun again. The taste of sea salt made Lorn realize how thirsty he was. Pulling the waterskin from his side he started to take a sip then stopped. He hefted the skin in his hand experimentally, damn, better to save it.

Lorn looked up the beach, then down, and finally back at the warforged that called itself Xandren.

You could probably stand here to the end of time, but I need to find some water I can drink. I'm going down the beach to look for a stream.

He paused and studied the warforged for a moment.

Since we're in the same boat it might be a good idea to stick together. Who knows what else is around here.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"You are correct, Lorn of Cyre," Xandren replied, "I do not require food or drink. But I will accompany you, as you are the only clue I have to what's going on, even if you yourself are as unsure as I am."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Stellan ducks down, and listens to the pairs conversation. Seemingly the pair are not enemies, and decide they both don't know what is happening, and decide to look for shelter. Unfortunately, the wind gusts hard, it grabs the shifter's cloak whipping it over his head, revealing him to those below him.

[sblock=ooc]Just keeping things moving. Roll Lookup
Stealth check of 7. For your sake, let's hope I roll like this for the first combat.;)[/sblock]

Elsewhere on the beach, the hobgoblin known as Hesh speaks to a silent dwarf. Finally the dwarf speaks, though, clearly from the words, he still is stunned by his appearance in this strange place.

"Who are you, hobgoblin? Where am I?"

Redclaw

First Post
Grimacing at the fickle nature of the wind, Stellan stands and looks down at the two figures below. It sounds like your experience matches mine, he calls down to them. My time was just about to end, at the hands of a large falling rock, when I suddenly appeared here. The good news, however, is that I can see what looks like a river not too far away. His silence broken, he climbed to the deck below. I am Stellan, he said to the human, head tilted to the side, nose seeking the other's scent.

Oni

First Post
Hearing the snap of cloth in the wind, Lorn whirled around. For a second he was confused, then he looked up and saw the figure above them. Lorn leveled the forked end of his staff at the newcomer as he watch the shifter climb down from his perch. It seemed he had been listening the whole time.

Well Stellan, I take you already know our names as well then.

Lorn glanced at the big warforged then back at the eavesdropping shifter.

Alright then, which way is the river?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Elsewhere on the beach, the hobgoblin known as Hesh speaks to a silent dwarf. Finally the dwarf speaks, though, clearly from the words, he still is stunned by his appearance in this strange place.

"Who are you, hobgoblin? Where am I?"
The hobgoblin raises an eyebrow. You question? I asked you first, dwarf. But, no matter. Apparently, you are beffudled by the elven works. Keep with me little one and we will see that they pay for this insult. He looks over the dwarf a moment, then shrugs. Not a armsman, I see. Give me time, I'll figure a use for you yet. For now, keep an eye out for those pointy-eared devils. You may call me Hesh, by the way, Hesh Sul'tashk, Warleader of the 5th Spine of the Hundred Strong.

Keeping to his word, Hesh tries to find a local high spot to get a better look at the beach and the wreckage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases