D&D 4th Edition Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up! - Page 7




  1. #61
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    The jungle soon after resumes it's normal activity. The need for the lost to move on is soon echoed by the distant sound of thunder. Large dark clouds can be seen on the horizon and lightning flashes between them. There is no doubt a storm headed their way.

    ooc
    As mentioned in the ooc thread, I'll need a marching order if you are going to move out. Assuming I get one, and nobody objects by the time I update tommorow, I'll set the next scene.

 

  • #62
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778

    Ignore Oni
    Lorn cocked his eyebrow giving the warforged a strange look.

    Yeah....

    He shook his head, trying to bring himself back to the task at hand. Looking at the darkening horizon he said, uh...let's get some water and then see what we can do about some shelter.

    Pulling the water skin from his side he motioned up and down the beach.

    I've been thinking, all these wrecks...there's a good chance we might not be alone here.

    With that thought he swigged down the last of the water in the skin and started walking toward the stream that fed down from the jungle.

    ooc


    I'm assuming the water source is nearby, that one group or the other likely had to cross it for our little meeting to take place.

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #63
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    Hesh's narrowed eyes followed the discussion back and forth, his hand holding tight his double flail. After a moment, a sudden change came over him. Its clear you are all mad and the elves have tricked us all. No matter! We'll fight our way through this and kill what we have to until we get home. Got it? Good!

    He looks at the elf-without-ears-and-sharp-features. Water is a good idea, and these wrecks may have dry foods that we may add to our rations. Good timber for lodging too. The golem can probably make short work on some of the more rotted timbers, make a lean-to away from both the water and the jungle. After that, we can look for the elves in the jungle and force us to send us back. That's a plan I can believe in!
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #64
    Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    garyh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    5,840

    Ignore garyh
    "I am no simple golem," Xandren growls. "I am warforged! And I don't care whether there's food or water near."

    "But, given that there's nothing else to be done here, I will accompany you for now."
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

  • #65
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778

    Ignore Oni
    ooc


    Good thinking on the wrecks as a resource, stonegod.

    EvolutionKB, are any of the wrecks far enough away from the water as to make relatively safe shelter from the storm and tide?

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #66
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    As the newly formed group walks down the beach towards the source of fresh water the shifter saw, they also pick their way through the wreckage as they go. Unfortunately, most of what they find appears to be already picked through or swallowed by the seas. The remains of broken crates and water barrels are are found in the narrow confines of the beached ships.

    Finally within a break in the wreckage, they spot the stream that leads down to the water's edge. Small pebbles dot the edge of the stream, making for a pictureque scene. The sand here is hot and dry, it looks like this place would make a decent base. Several other half-buried shipwrecks dot the sands, as well as some large boulders. One shipwreck stands out from the rest, much of it is unburied, and if a way could be found into the hold, it could easily be a shelter from the storm.

    The quiet reveverie of the situation is broken by a cry of rage from the direction across the river. "You won't take me back! They're mine!" The cry in followed by the click of a crossbow bolt being released. It thuds into Hesh's shoulder, nearly spinning the hobgoblin around. The cry must have alerted something, because a strange skittering sound comes from the wreck nearest you. The source of the sound is soon revealed. A scorpion, the size of a wolf, crawls around the corner, coming to a stop short of the party. The scorpion's claws crackle with electricity. Another scorpion emerges from the other side of the wreck, barely visible behind the corner. Of the archer, you see no sign.

    Initiative:
    Lorn: 24
    Archer: 22
    Scorpions: 21
    Xandren: 20
    Thormir: 19
    Hesh: 7
    Stellan: 5

    ooc
    Archer/scorpions got a surprise round.


    Lorn: 23/23, HS: 7/7(5)
    Xandren: 30/30, HS: 11/11(7)
    Thormir: 32/32, HS: 11/11(8)
    Hesh: 15/26, HS: 9/9(6)
    Stellan: 30/30, HS: 10/10(7)
    Scorpion1: Full
    Scorpion2: Full
    Archer: Full


    Edit: Bad map, see later map post.
    Map notes: The green at the top is jungle, the blue is water. The brown is soft sand. They are all difficult terrain. The different boxes are the beached ships. The dotted lines inside the ships are areas that must be squeezed into. All ships can be climbed with a DC: 15 athletics check. Once on deck an Acrobatics check DC 15 must be made to move because of the slope of the deck. The black squares are boulders, also climbable with a DC 15 athletics. Ignore the grey square in the bottom right portion of the map, just a mistake by me when adding you to the map.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by EvolutionKB; Thursday, 29th January, 2009 at 06:36 PM.

  • #67
    Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    garyh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    5,840

    Ignore garyh
    "Giant lightning scorpions," Xandren says. "Finally, something I know how to deal with!"
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

  • #68
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Atanatotatos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Europe.And the pbp boards
    Posts
    3,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Atanatotatos
    ooc:uhmm... where are we?
    Current PBP
    DM in:
    Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena


    Playing:
    Koryo of the Tiger's Rest in Voda Vosa's "Path of Enlightment"
    Belleros Arkeion in Sparky's "Thorantar"
    Thormir Brassbeard in EvolutionKB's "Lost-Eberron-4eStyle"
    Anostor Duran in covaithe's "Death's Reach"

    In L4W:
    Alexander Duran, Proud member of the MMC
    in:
    Phoenix8008's "The Captain's Caper"
    "Redblade's Riches"
    Hadarai Polemarkos
    in:
    KenHood's "TURTLEDOME!:Battle Bone"

    In LEB:
    Thusk Tharashk Duran

    Come join us in the Shifting Seas and Transitive Isles of Living 4th Edition, amazing adventures and great fun guaranteed!
    Then to play community 4e in Eberron join us in LEB too! Give life to your characters and contribute to the living settings!



    Please excuse my poor English. It is not my first language.

  • #69
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    lets try it this time...click read only
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by EvolutionKB; Thursday, 29th January, 2009 at 05:39 AM.

  • #70
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778

    Ignore Oni
    Lorn looked up in surprise at the unexpected voice. Then he saw the arrow find its mark. Recent battles still fresh in his mind his reaction was almost automatic.

    Archer! Find cover!

    Before he could take more than a step though a new surprise revealed itself with a scitter and a crackle.

    Ah, crap...

    What in the name of the Host was that?

    With a growl he swept his staff upward in a gesture laden with supernatural intent. Shadows began to swim and snake from around the nearby rocks and wreckage writhing and grasping at anything in reach.

    Swallowing hard Lorn made the decision to try to totally prevent the creature from flanking them. He ran foward, drawing on the deep reserves and inspired by Hesh's stoicness in the face of danger, and pointed his forked staff at the monstrosity unleashing a rumbling barrage of thunder and force

    ooc


    Standard: Grasping Shadows Centered on AE7. That should get around any cover.

    Grasping Shadows (standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic
    Burst 1 within 10; +5 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and target is slowed until the end of your next turn. Effect: Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of your next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes 5 psychic damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn.

    Int vs. Will (1d20+5=20)

    Psychic Damage (1d8+5=12) to Scorpion 2

    Move: move to AG9, hopefully gaining some cover from the archer because of the wreck.

    Use an Action Point, take advantage of Hesh's Bravura Presense, cross fingers.

    Standard: Thunderwave Scorpion 2 (Area: Upper left AD6, Lower Right: AF8) that should avoid any cover as well.

    Int vs. Fort (1d20+5=21)

    Thunder Damage (1d6+5=7)

    Assuming that hit, push scorpion 2 to AC7 and make a basic attack (magic missle) from the Bravura Presense.

    Int vs. Ref (1d20+5=19)

    Force Damage (2d4+5=13)

    Whew, I hadn't expected such a complicated first turn.




    ministats
    Lorn Spellwright- Male Human Wizard 1
    Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
    AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
    HP:23/23, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:7/7
    Action Points: 0
    Powers -
    Magic Missle
    Scorching Blast
    Thunderwave

    Grasping Shadows
    Staff of Defense
    Second Wind

    Flaming Sphere

    Conditions:

    Full character sheet
    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Lost 4E Style: Kinslayer--Round 6: All PCs up!
      By EvolutionKB in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 160
      Last Post: Tuesday, 22nd September, 2009, 02:11 PM
    2. Lost-Eberron-4E Style
      By EvolutionKB in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 167
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th September, 2009, 06:06 PM
    3. Re-Recruiting 1 player: Eberron Lost 4E Style
      By EvolutionKB in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: Wednesday, 15th July, 2009, 03:52 PM
    4. Lost-Eberron-4E Style(recruiting closed)OOC
      By EvolutionKB in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 78
      Last Post: Saturday, 14th February, 2009, 05:05 PM
    5. Eberron Lost style, give me ideas
      By Matt_Little in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Wednesday, 6th July, 2005, 06:16 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •