Tact-Tiles: The End

What kind of tiles would you like?

• Same as the original. Light gray tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 94 44.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Light gray tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • I'd buy both clear and light gray 1" square.

Votes: 86 41.0%
  • I'd by both clear and light gray 1" hex.

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • I'd preffer a different pattern or color, as I will explain below.

Votes: 10 4.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Let's say, just for fun, that I was the co-owner of a company who acquired the rights to Tact-Tiles. And let's say, just for kicks, that we planned to start producing them again.
;)

What would you like to see?

EDIT (5-2-10)

Due to number of issues, I'm sad to announce that Tact-Tiles will be produced by neither BC-Products nor Imagineering, Inc at this time.

We're very sorry. We very much wanted to get Tact-Tiles back into production, but a number of personal and professional issues have made this impossible at this time, and for the foreseeable future.

My apologies,

Mike McConnell
Co-Owner of Imagineering, Inc.

Last edited:

underthumb

First Post
I would love some hex tact-tiles. And the idea of clear tiles is a great one--maps and such can be placed beneath the tiles, rather than simply drawn on them.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
My group uses Tact-tiles (in fact, we have two sets, but we only use one at a time), and we love them. If I had the ear of the folks designing them for another production run, I'd say:

Make the grid lines all the same -- don't make the 10' squares a thicker line than the 5' lines. Rooms and combats often don't align perfectly with the 10' squares (like when an ogre takes a 5' step), and the different thickness of the lines throws off one's eyeballing the map.

Bullgrit
Total Bullgrit

Mercule

Adventurer
I liked them more or less how they were, and that'd be my first choice and mainstay. I could see the use of clear tiles as an overlay for a freehand map, but I wouldn't use those exclusively because I know I wouldn't always draw a freehand map in advance (the large tablet of 3'x4' graph paper -- with 1" squares -- that I still have attests to that) and I know many surfaces could make the lines hard to see. I could see me buying a smaller set of clear tiles, but opaque would continue to see more use.

I didn't check the options for hexes, but I just recalled that we were considering moving to Hero system and I'd mulled the difficulty of using squares just because of my Tact-Tiles. I'm not a big fan of hexes (okay, I actively dislike them), but I'd get a set of hex tiles for use with Hero.

Appleseeth

First Post
A friend of mine has the originals, doesn't even play D&D anymore, but still won't give them up. Portability + re-usability = awesome Tact-Tiles.

JustKim

First Post
I have quite a lot of tiles, from WotC, Paizo, SK and others, as well as dozens of poster maps and easy access to large, good quality mapping paper. They are all 1" grids. So when I think about changing to hexes, most of what stops me is that all the stuff I already have wouldn't be compatible.

I would be very interested in clear hex-lined tiles if they were something I could lay over my existing maps. Anything else I really have no need for.

Mercule

Adventurer
Make the grid lines all the same -- don't make the 10' squares a thicker line than the 5' lines. Rooms and combats often don't align perfectly with the 10' squares (like when an ogre takes a 5' step), and the different thickness of the lines throws off one's eyeballing the map.
I totally disagree -- for the same reason. I find it easier to do 5' steps (and movement in general) if the lines alternate. Plus, they're close enough that it's never bothered me if a room/wall/critter/whatever didn't line up with the solid lines vs. the dashed lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases