Moldvay Basic game (Recruiting)

Alvordian

First Post
After some thought, Ive decided I'd like to run a game based on my favorite little rule set the Basic D&D rules (the famous Red book of the early 80s) the one with the Erol Otus cover.

Ive gotten into a few boardgames recently, and the idea of the Basic rules as a sort of self contained set kinda appeals to me right now.

Anyway Id like to make this a simple casual dungeon crawl. The setting is the dungeon, with the underworld as an alternate world.

I understand the Basic rules while fairly famous are out of print. We can work it out fairly easily I think.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Alvordian

First Post
This section would be for house rules.. but I have only 3.

At first level a cleric has access to one divine spell- cure light wounds.

Characters can bind wounds after a battle for 1d4 hp.

Fighters may dual wield two weapons. The second weapon must be light. The fighter may make two attacks, both at -2. Damage is rolled normally.

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
I am also interested. How different is the Moldvay from the Mentzer edition?

You can pencil me in for a fighter or a cleric

Phaezen

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hmm, might be a fun trip down memory lane. I think I'd go for an elf or a halfling, depending on party needs.

Edit: Actually, as I'm away next week and probably won't spare the time to keep up with another game I think I'll have to pass.

Last edited:

Alvordian

First Post
I appreciate the interest. Sadly enworld chugs (for me) to such an extent that I don't think I'll be able to run a game here.

I would habve responded earlier, but the recent ice storm in the US knocked out power and I couldnt get an internet connection earlier.

Thanks

Remove ads