Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I knew at one time, but I have forgotten now.

It's a "character flaw" of Mowgli that he uses weird, like cartographic software (or SOME kind, anyway) that saves things in a format that no normal human can decipher, and he feels some obscure need to upload the files to ENWorld in this same format, rather than using something simple, like a plain text word processor, like Word, that everyone can see easily. But we still love his big, goofy ass!

Thanks for the luv, oh esteemed DM! My 4E character is a Doppleganger Bard. He is not a multiclass - one of the cool things about the 4E Bard is that he gets to borrow some of the abilities of other classes. In this case, I chose the Warlock.

I do indeed plan to post a plain text copy of my character. I am aware that Leif DMs from work and doesn't have the DDI software on his work computer. My 'obscure need' is to keep from having to update my characters twice - once in my computer file and once on ENWorld. And for some reason (this is the part where it's almost certainly my old brain) I don't deal well with the plain text format of the sheets - I find it almost impossible to find what I'm looking for. Whereas a well designed character sheet has everything neatly organized into nice blocks . . .

In any case, Leif and I have successfully found middle ground - actually, I just caved in and agreed to keep two sheets for my characters in his games. My Doppleganger should be up sometime this weekend.

[sblock=Weird Software]The 'weird' software I used to create this particular character is none other than what our esteemed DM suggested we use - the D&D Insider Character Generator. :p

For other character sheets, I use .pdf files, which require nothing more than a .pdf reader (available from Adobe as a FREE download).

For maps - world/area maps as well as battle maps - I like to use my cartography software but I post the maps in .jpg format (again, easily viewable on any computer).[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, ok, I stand corrected and all that stuff. Do you have ph24e already, or is that bard stuff just available in DDI? Guess I need to get back to the bookstore and see if my copy of ph2 is in yet....

Leif

Adventurer
I dunno. I'm supposed to get an email from the bookstore in the mal (whatever it's called, it's one of those "B" bookstores, but there are about a million of those.)l as soon as they get my pre-ordered copy, and I haven't heard anything from them yet. (But I'm not entirely certain that they have my email address correct, either.) They told me it would be a little while before they were authorized to stock the ph2 on their shelves, so I've been going t check kinda obsessively every little bit. But, I guess I'm over that, 'cause I haven't been out there for a few weeks now. Can you print it from DDI? Or, rather, I'm asking if I could.

UPDATE 4/3/09: Yes, it's been out for several weeks now! I've already gotten two copies and sent one to Scotley. Arcane Power, Divine Power, DMGII, MMII, and maybe a few othhers will be coming out soon. (I think in pairs, each month.)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to go to the DDI site and visit the Compendium. You could probably copy/paste the text into Word and print it that way at the very least . . .

If I get a wild hair I'll go to the site and see what I come up with.

Leif

Adventurer
PHII

Well, Ive got it on order from my local bookstore, and they say that I can pick it up as soon as they get it in, which they expect to be some days before the official release date.

Mowgli: I have printed my other 4e character sheets from DDI, and had wonderful results! So, I expect I can do the same for your character, maybe. Maybe. Maybe. I'm not sure how it will react to looking at someone else's character.... But, so far, I have an Eladrin Bard (Encephalus), a Dragonborn Ranger (Tull), and a Half-Elf Warlock (Shartun), each on a nifty official-type character sheet, and they are all RPGA approved characters, too. Anybody else have plans to start a 4e game in the near future? :D

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases