Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
I'm not poor. I'm just lazy. :D

I will working on getting my very own PHB ordered this week so you'll leave me alone!
FINE THEN! The Devil Take you! I don't care if you NEVER get a ph! :.-( :.-(

:p :p (kidding)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Rhun said:
I didn't get any info from you, Ryan. I mean, I got a couple of emails, but nothing with crunch. Can you try resending?
Oooh, Rhun's so privileged. Can I call you Ryan, too, renau1g? BTW, my rn is, believe it or not, Leif.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Just sent to your hotmail account, it should be there shortly.

Essentially, there are 2 kinds of rogues, Brawny (focus on STR), or Trickster (Focus on CHA). Rangers are either two-weapon fighter or bow-wielders.

Leif

Adventurer
Really, renau1g, those are just the Builds that are specified in the ph. You aren't REQUIRED to abide by that stuff, you can make your own hybrid build, or basically do anyting you want with the ability scores that you have to work with. But, you're right, until we all get more used to 4e, the Builds are a good way to cover the things you wish to cover.

renau1g

First Post
Oooh, Rhun's so privileged. Can I call you Ryan, too, renau1g? BTW, my rn is, believe it or not, Leif.

He is privileged ;), although feel free as well.

P.S. I do believe that Leif is you're real name, gmail shows it in your e-mail.

renau1g

First Post
Really, renau1g, those are just the Builds that are specified in the ph. You aren't REQUIRED to abide by that stuff, you can make your own hybrid build, or basically do anyting you want with the ability scores that you have to work with. But, you're right, until we all get more used to 4e, the Builds are a good way to cover the things you wish to cover.

While you're not required to follow 1 or the other, a few of the powers are keyed off of it (i.e. if you're a brutal rogue get bonus damage = to STR modifier, or if you're a trickster rogue you can shift the target 1+CHA modifier vs just 1 square).

Leif

Adventurer
He is privileged ;), although feel free as well.

P.S. I do believe that Leif is you're real name, gmail shows it in your e-mail.
Aww, gee, thanks! Yeah, I knew we had emailed before, didn't I? Now I know the names of everyone in this game. Guess you think I'm gonna have you to come over soon for a big fish fry, huh? We'll see... we'll see.....

Leif

Adventurer
While you're not required to follow 1 or the other, a few of the powers are keyed off of it (i.e. if you're a brutal rogue get bonus damage = to STR modifier, or if you're a trickster rogue you can shift the target 1+CHA modifier vs just 1 square).
But don't trickster rogues or other rogues also get str bonus added to dam? It's just that if you take the brutal rogue build you're more likely to have a positive str bonus, right?

renau1g

First Post
Only to melee basic attacks. all of their at-wills add Dex bonus to damage. It's pretty easy to play a low-strength trickster rogue.

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, cool! I knew about getting bonuses from other abilities, but I wasn't thiking straight.

Kinda like using the better of Dex or Int for your bonus to AC, which is also very cool. Str pairs with Wis, Dex with Int, and Con with Cha, is that right?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases