Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
Lou,

I got an email from Amazon.com last night that said my PH3 will be waiting for me at the post office today! :D

But I don't look for it to have any fun wizard powers. :( Fun feats, perhaps, though! (Actually, I thumbed through it at the bookstore a few days ago. The new classes look fun, sorta, but the main thing is the addition of new SKILL POWERS for all characters! :D

renau1g

First Post
No new wizard powers (although in the last two months there's been boatloads for them coming out of Dragon). There are some new feats and Superior Implements that are really cool for them. One of the new feats is called Unarmored Agility. Grants +2 AC when wearing Cloth armor.

Skill powers are really cool, well Wizards utilities are my favourite of any class though so I couldn't not take Shield... it's just so good. +4 AC/Ref 1/fight after the DM tells you if it hits or not? Yes please.

Lou

Explorer
Buying items in town

So how much loot do we have party-wise to split to buy stuff? We negotiated a repurchase agreement in town.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I was just about to post over in the IC that I must have missed some posts somewhere - Aimhirghin has no magic items at all, and only 14 gold. So even at 65% he's not gonna be able to afford squat.

Leif

Adventurer
[wicked DM laughter*]
I guess I can pore back through the module and try to figure out what you got. Maybe one of the European types has been more attentive to detail than you lax North American dogs. Still, most of your loot is going to be in the form of a reward from Lord Padraig, I think. Oh, and you need to go collect on that, too. You have one coming for taking out the goblins and you'll earn another for taking care of the Shadowfell Keep.
[/wicked DM laughter]

*this trick shamelessly stolen from Scott DeWar. No apoligies! :p

Lou

Explorer
The most interesting L2 wizard powers in Arcane Power are:

Float - Wizard Utility 2 - you hove 6 inches above the ground, have no movement restrictions for terrain, don't set off pressure sensitive traps, and gain a bonus to Stealth equal to your Wisdom modifier. You can't cross pits or chasms, and it lasts until the end of the encounter or until you fall.

Guardian Blades - Wizard Utility 2 - Until the end of the encounter or until you become unconscious, each adjacent enemy that attacks you (whether it hits or not) takes force damage equal to your Intelligence modifier. No enemy takes this damage more than once per turn.

Feats from PH2, at least the best ones you can use --

Surging Flame - When you hit a target that has fire resistance with a fire power, the fire power deals an extra 5 damage against that target until the end of your next turn.

Timely Respite - When you use your second wind or use the total defense action, you can make a saving throw.

Weapon Expertise - Choose a weapon group. You gain +1 to hit with any weapon power using a weapon from that group (light blades-dagger- is about all you can take, I guess?)

Othwise, feats from PH1 are your best bet. Scratch that, forgot to check Arcane Power for feats!

Destructive Wizardry - when you use an arcane power that hits 2 or more opponents you gain +2 to the damage rolls.

Eladrin Sword Wizardry - You can weild a longsword as an arcane implement, but you do not gain your proficiency bonus when so doing. Any class features that add a bonus when you use a wand also apply when you use a longsword, but only when you use it as an implement, not as a weapon.

Enlarge Spell - prereq. Wisom 13 - Before using an arcane attack power, you can choose to take a -2 penalty to each die of damage rolled to increase the size of its blast or its burst by 1. You can't use this feat for a power that doesn't roll dice for damage.

Twist the Arcane Fabric - prereq. Eladrin, arcane class - only applies to an area or close power - Fey step an ally out of your power's area of effect. This is a free action, that teleports the ally 3 squares

Some of these are really good. I'm thinking this last one is the one for Elerosse. His Wis is 14, so he qualifies.

Guardian Blades looks amazing for an offensively minded wizard. Float is interesting too.

Leif

Adventurer
Some of these are really good. I'm thinking this last one is the one for Elerosse. His Wis is 14, so he qualifies.

Guardian Blades looks amazing for an offensively minded wizard. Float is interesting too.
Twist the Arcane Fabric is your choice? That was my favorite, too. It's a great and very handy power. Of course, it also doesn't hurt that it has the coolest name... ;) Actually, Lou, I was trying to look that up again, and for the life of me I can't find it now. Maybe I dreamed it? I thought, gee, you know, that really doesn't look like a feat, it looks more like an encounter or a daily power, but I can't seem to find it at all now. :(

Ok, got it now! For future reference, it's on p.126 of Arcane Power. And it IS a feat power! Prerequisites: Eladrin race and any arcane class.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases