Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
Though I didn't make it clear they are the ones I was asking. :D
I figured as much. Just trying to prompt a response from them.

Looks like Khellek (renau1g) will be the one with the farthest to travel from his home to reach Winterhaven. Let's hope so, anyway.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Khellek and Aimhirghin are both from Durpar/the Beastlands, and will have about 3000 miles to travel by the time we make our way around inland seas and other geographical obstacles. At 30 miles a day each and every day (which is a dang good clip) that's about 3 to 4 months.

renau1g

First Post
Khellek and Aimhirghin are both from Durpar/the Beastlands, and will have about 3000 miles to travel by the time we make our way around inland seas and other geographical obstacles. At 30 miles a day each and every day (which is a dang good clip) that's about 3 to 4 months.

I wonder how many pairs of boots they wore out along the way?

Leif

Adventurer
OK, Mowgli and renau1g, that's just too dang far and too much time involved for you to have traveled all that way because of hearing these rumors. You can still be from the area you chose, but we need some excuse for you to already be in the general vicinity of Winterhaven when you heard about all of this. Is that ok? In fact, let's just assume that EVERYONE was already in the general area for whatever personal reasons you can concoct when the rumors of strangeness at Winterhaven came tickling upon your collective ear.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, Mowgli and renau1g, that's just too dang far and too much time involved for you to have traveled all that way because of hearing these rumors. You can still be from the area you chose, but we need some excuse for you to already be in the general vicinity of Winterhaven when you heard about all of this. Is that ok? In fact, let's just assume that EVERYONE was already in the general area for whatever personal reasons you can concoct when the rumors of strangeness at Winterhaven came tickling upon your collective ear.

Why don't we use the same story, but just say we started out months before the adventure actually starts? The background is for flavor/roleplay anyway, and doesn't make a difference for the crunch or mechanics. I kinda like what we came up with - it seems a shame to scrap all that work!

Plus, the travel gives even more reason for Aimhirghin to have that nice high History skill - he was studying the lands he traveled through. Khellek was, of course, too focused on finding his sister to learn much . . .

Once we got to the vicinity of Winterhaven we started hearing the rumours that get us into the adventure.

Leif

Adventurer
Why don't we use the same story, but just say we started out months before the adventure actually starts? The background is for flavor/roleplay anyway, and doesn't make a difference for the crunch or mechanics. I kinda like what we came up with - it seems a shame to scrap all that work!

Plus, the travel gives even more reason for Aimhirghin to have that nice high History skill - he was studying the lands he traveled through. Khellek was, of course, too focused on finding his sister to learn much . . .
All that work? What FIVE minutes of making stuff up out of whole cloth? Give me a small break already! Ok, I'm going to insist on this -- you can use whatever details of your story fit with you already being in the vicinity of Winterhaven when you heard about this trouble. But you and EVERYONE MUST have already been in the area for whatever reasons you choose.

[sblock=Mowgli]I've noticed you being just pretty darned draconic in regard to character generation for your Pathfinder game. That's cool, it's your game. But DON'T think that I'm going to let you get away with that nonsense in MY game.[/sblock][sblock=Mowgli]Ooops? Maybe I overdid it a tad? :D [/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
. . . you can use whatever details of your story fit with you already being in the vicinity of Winterhaven when you heard about this trouble. But you MUST have already been in the area for whatever reasons you choose.

That's what I'm saying - the reason Khellek (and by extension Aimhirghin) was originally looking for Winterhaven was to find his sister. It had nothing to do with whatever you've got planned to get us hooked into the adventure. Once we got close - into the area where we'll end up meeting the rest of the party - we hear rumors of the trouble there.

[sblock=Leif]No problem - I'm a slow study, but I have actually learned not to take it personally. And you're right, I did have some specific criteria in mind for character generation.:] But I think it's working out. You've got a nice strong backstory working for Houwlou, and a Barbarian prince (however unseasoned) contact.:cool:[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, it took another 2 or 3 hours of arduous work :lol:, but I found a way to make Aimhirghin/Khellek's backstory fit and modified Aimhirghin's History.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases