Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
That's what I'm saying - the reason Khellek (and by extension Aimhirghin) was originally looking for Winterhaven was to find his sister. It had nothing to do with whatever you've got planned to get us hooked into the adventure. Once we got close - into the area where we'll end up meeting the rest of the party - we hear rumors of the trouble there.
Cool. That works great, then.

Walking Dad

First Post
Just wanted to lez you knoe, if you ver need another player... you know the rest.

Most of my 4e games are pending :(

Sorry for the 'crying'. Have fun!

Leif

Adventurer
Well, Dad, I 'said' no more, but it's not easy to say no to you, man! We've got five now, but knowing the vagaries of pbp, I'd feel better if we had six, really. What do you guys think? Can we take one more? Awww, come on! It's Walking Dad, after all! My old buddy from kinem's game (where he's the Halfling Druid to my Dwarf Wizard) and Scotley's Tomb of Horrors.

Why don't you go ahead and submit a character here in the OOC, and we'll see about it. One word of warning -- I've pretty much opened the floodgates for oddball characters, so right now we've pretty much got a Freak Show on Legs. (Except for our ONE poor,normal Eladrin wizard.) If that doesn't scare you off, then come ahead. ;)

Links, in case you need them:

IC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/251310-leifs-1st-d-d-4th-edition-game-ic-1-a.html
RG: http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-...iting-closed-everyone-except-walking-dad.html

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
When you said "Poor, Unfortunate..." I kept hearing that song from the Little Mermard (Poor Unfortunate Soul...), wow, I need to get out more.

Walking Dad

First Post
I would like to play a minotaur barbarian (seems fitting :lol:).

Sadly I'm no Insider subscriber. Were major changes to the minotaur and/or the barbarian? (like getting the ability to add con instead of int/dex, like the other primal classes?)

Tarrk Bloodhoof

[sblock=Stats]
Tarrk Bloodhoof Player: WD
Minotaur Barbarian XP 0 Level 1
Initiative +1 Senses Normal Vision
Passive Insight 12; Passive Perception 19
HP 36; Bloodied 18; Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 11
AC 14; Fortitude 16; Reflex 11; Will 12
Saving Throw Bonus: -
Resist: -
Speed 5
Alignment Unaligned
Languages Common

Str 18 Dex 13 Wis 14
Con 16 Int 10 Cha 08

Basic Attack:
Greataxe: +6 ; 1d12+4

Racial Abilities
Ferocity: If you are reduced to 0 hit points, you can make a melee basic attack as a free action before falling unconscious.
Oversized: You can use weapons of your size or one size larger than you as if they were your size.
Goring Charge: You can use goring charge as an encounter power.

Class Features
Feral Might (Rageblood Vigor): Swift Charge Power; Gain 2 THP when getting enemy to 0 HP.
Rage
Rampage: Once per round, when you score a critical hit with a barbarian attack power, you can immediately make a melee basic attack as a free action. You do not have to attack the same target that you critically hit.

All Powers are vs AC

At-Will Powers
Pressing Strike
Recuperating Strike

Encounter Powers
Swift Charge
Goring Charge
Great Cleave

Daily Powers
Bloodhunt Rage

Utility Power
-

Feats
Toughness

Skills
Athletics* +9
Nature* +9
Perception* +9

Equipment

Greataxe, Hide, Standard adventurers pack (15), 4 javelins (20), clothes.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Picture]
Minotaur_by_innerabove.jpg

[/sblock]

Background:
Tarrk was born on the fringes of the civilized lands. While his rough upbringing left him socially inept, his strong arms, great constitution, keen eyes and closeness to nature make him a valuable part of any adventuring group.
Tarrk was part of a feral minotaur. But after the old chiefs death his older brother or his brothers gretest rival, Grimgroo Boarimpaler should duell for the new leader position. His brother died in the ring of honor, but Tarrk suspected tereachery in Grimgoo's victory. Unable to challenge the new chief without a legend of his own, Tarrk left the tribe to seek honor and glory, to one day return and take leadership of his tribe.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgran Deepwell

[sblock=Stats]
Morgran Deepwell Player: WD
Dwarf Warlock XP 0 Level 1
Initiative +0 Senses Low-light Vision
Passive Insight 17; Passive Perception 12
HP 30; Bloodied 15; Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 10
AC 17; Fortitude 14; Reflex 13; Will 13
Speed 5
Alignment Unaligned
Languages Dwarf, Common

Str 13 Dex 11 Wis 14
Con 18 Int 14 Cha 10

Basic Attack:
Eldritch Blast: +4 vs Reflex, 1d10+4 untyped
Urgrosh: +3 vs AC, 1d12/1d8+1

Racial Abilities
Cast-Iron Stomach; Dwarven Resilience; Dwarven Weapon Proficiency; Encumbered Speed; Stand Your Ground

Class Features
Eldritch blast, Eldritch Pact, Prime Shot, Shadow Walk, Warlock’s Curse

At-Will Powers
Hellish Rebuke: +4 vs Reflex, 1d6+4 fire (again damage if warlock hurt)
Eldritch Blast: +4 vs Reflex, 1d10+4 untyped

Encounter Powers
1 - Diabolic Grasp: +4 vs Fort, 2d8+4 untyped (slide 3 squares)

Daily Powers
1 - Armor of Agathys (12 THP, 1d6+4 cold vs adjacent enemies)

Utility Powers

Feats
1 Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)

Skills
Acrobatics +0
Arcana* +7
Athletics +1
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +6
Intimidate* +5
Insight* +7
Perception +2
Stealth +0
Thievery* +5

Equipment
chainmail, urgrosh

[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Morgran mostly worked scouting out old mines and exploring old caves for potential new strikes. He discovered his patron in one of the deep places (the dwarf has digged to deep ;)). He was there when our family was killed in a (purposeful?) mine collapse. None of the authorities beleive that it was murder, but he knows that the family had enemies...and that the collapse was no mistake.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Image]Morgran is squat and compact with a bald head and unwoven beard. His light grey eyes look as cold as granite and he peers at everyone, as if trying to look into their very souls. He always wears his chainmail under his robes, just in case.

attachment.php
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I would like to play a minotaur barbarian (seems fitting :lol:).

Sadly I'm no Insider subscriber. Were major changes to the minotaur and/or the barbarian? (like getting the ability to add con instead of int/dex, like the other primal classes?)

Tarrk Bloodhoof

[sblock=Stats]
Tarrk Bloodhoof Player: WD
Minotaur Barbarian XP 0 Level 1
Initiative +1 Senses Normal Vision
Passive Insight 12; Passive Perception 19
HP 36; Bloodied 18; Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 11
AC 14; Fortitude 16; Reflex 11; Will 12
Saving Throw Bonus: -
Resist: -
Speed 5
Alignment Unaligned
Languages Common

Str 18 Dex 13 Wis 14
Con 16 Int 10 Cha 08

Basic Attack:
Greataxe: +7 ; 1d12+5 ?

Racial Abilities
Ferocity: If you are reduced to 0 hit points, you can make a melee basic attack as a free action before falling unconscious.
Oversized: You can use weapons of your size or one size larger than you as if they were your size.
Goring Charge: You can use goring charge as an encounter power.

Class Features
Feral Might (Rageblood Vigor): Swift Charge Power; Gain 2 THP when getting enemy to 0 HP.
Rage
Rampage: Once per round, when you score a critical hit with a barbarian attack power, you can immediately make a melee basic attack as a free action. You do not have to attack the same target that you critically hit.

All Powers are vs AC

At-Will Powers
Pressing Strike
Recuperating Strike

Encounter Powers
Swift Charge
Goring Charge
Great Cleave

Daily Powers
Bloodhunt Rage

Utility Power
-

Feats
Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)
Toughness

Skills
Athletics* +9
Nature* +9
Perception* +9

Equipment

Greataxe, Hide, Standard adventurers pack (15), 4 javelins (20), clothes.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Picture]
Minotaur_by_innerabove.jpg

[/sblock]

Background:
Tarrk was born on the fringes of the civilized lands. While his rough upbringing left him socially inept, his strong arms, great constitution, keen eyes and closeness to nature make him a valuable part of any adventuring group.
Tarrk was part of a feral minotaur. But after the old chiefs death his older brother or his brothers gretest rival, Grimgroo Boarimpaler should duell for the new leader position. His brother died in the ring of honor, but Tarrk suspected tereachery in Grimgoo's victory. Unable to challenge the new chief without a legend of his own, Tarrk left the tribe to seek honor and glory, to one day return and take leadership of his tribe.

Edit: The alternative would be a dwarf warlock :)
[sblock=WD]Your damage listed is for a standard, medium-sized Greataxe. But as a minotaur, you can use a weapon of one size larger than normal as if it was properly sized for you. I can't find the table that shows the progression of weapon damage for various sized weapons but I hope that there is one! I know there is one in the 3.5 dmg, so we may have to use that one. Also, were does the +5 on damage come from? +4 for Strength, I know, but I'm not seeing the extra +1. And which character do you want to play most? I just now noticed that you've posted two! I played a minotaur fighter in Atanatotatos's 20th level 4E game for awhile, and it was GREAT fun![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases