Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
The new barbarian feature is adding 1 to reflex and AC if wearing no heavier than light armor. That's all.
The 1 being your character's Con bonus? At least I think that's what you said earlier? And that feature is called "Barbarian's Agility?" I'm not yet used to the way that 4e applies the bonus from strange abilities to certain of a character's stats. Let's see, NORMALLY, it's Int or Dex for AC and Reflex, Wis or Cha for Will, and Con or Str for Fortitude, isn't it? But this goes at least one step further and applies Con to AC and Relflex. Am I understanding you correctly?

Walking Dad

First Post
The 1 being your character's Con bonus? At least I think that's what you said earlier?
No, I misunderstood an early information. Some primal classes (like the druid) can add other abilities (like con) instead Dex/Int to determine the AC bonus, but not the barbarian.
And that feature is called "Barbarian's Agility?" I'm not yet used to the way that 4e applies the bonus from strange abilities to certain of a character's stats. Let's see, NORMALLY, it's Int or Dex for AC and Reflex, Wis or Cha for Will, and Con or Str for Fortitude, isn't it?
Yes, all correct.
But this goes at least one step further and applies Con to AC and Relflex. Am I understanding you correctly?
No, it is just a flat +1 bonus to AC and Reflex if the barbarian wears no or light armor.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
No, I misunderstood earlier. Some primal classes (like the druid) can add other abilities (like con) instead Dex/Int to determine the AC bonus.
So now we have Arcane, Martial, and Primal classes? I presume that Barbarian and Druid are both Primal? Man, I can't WAIT until my ph2 arrives!
Walking Dad said:
No, it is just a flat +1 bonus to AC and Reflex if the barbarian wears no or light armor.
How can both of these quotes the correct? Do you mean that your Barbarian has one bonus to his AC because of his Con score and a different bonus because of his Barbarian Agility ability? If that's not what you mean, then I am even more confused now than I was before. :erm:

renau1g

First Post
Don't worry...shhh...4e is simpler, more streamlined than 3.5e*

*Note, this offer only applies using the core rules, which consequently are more complicated than 3.5e core books ;)

Walking Dad

First Post
Ok:

Druid Feature: Can use con mod to determine AC (instead of (Dex/Int)) in light armor.

Barbarian: Uses Dex/Int for AC mod in light armor (as everybody else. But, adds +1 to AC and reflex if not wearing heavy armor.

Example:
Tarrk
Str
18 Dex 13 Wis 14
Con 16 Int 10 Cha 08

AC 15 (base 10 + Level 0 + Hide armor 3 + Dex mod 1 + Barbarian bonus 1)

Fortitude 16 (base 10 + Level 0 + Str mod 4 + Barbarian save bonus 2)

Reflex 12 (base 10 + Level 0 + Dex mod 1 + Barbarian bonus 1)

Will 12 (base 10 + Level 0 + Wis mod 2)

PS:
Primal Characters in PH2

Barbarian - Striker
Warden - Defender
Shaman - Leader
Druid - Contoller

PPS: Changed (hopefully) the confusing part in the above post.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Don't worry...shhh...4e is simpler, more streamlined than 3.5e*
*Note, this offer only applies using the core rules, which consequently are more complicated than 3.5e core books ;)
It is? Oh, yeah, that's right, it is! Glad you reminded me.

Leif

Adventurer
Ok: Druid Feature: Can use con mod to determine AC (instead of (Dex/Int)) in light armor.
Barbarian: Uses Dex/Int for AC mod in light armor (as everybody else. But, adds +1 to AC and reflex if not wearing heavy armor.

Example:
Tarrk
Str
18 Dex 13 Wis 14
Con 16 Int 10 Cha 08

AC 15 (base 10 + Level 0 + Hide armor 3 + Dex mod 1 + Barbarian bonus 1)

Fortitude 16 (base 10 + Level 0 + Str mod 4 + Barbarian save bonus 2)
Reflex 12 (base 10 + Level 0 + Dex mod 1 + Barbarian bonus 1)
Will 12 (base 10 + Level 0 + Wis mod 2)

PS:
Primal Characters in PH2
Barbarian - Striker
Warden - Defender
Shaman - Leader
Druid - Contoller
Wow! Thanks, WD, that's PERFECT! Yes, you cleared everything up very nicely, and added some cool bonus info on top of that! :) (Are those four Primal Classes the only ones in ph2, or are there also more? I feel GREEDY! :devil:)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
There's 8 classes altogether, the 4 WD said+ Avenger, Bard, Invoker, & Sorceror. There are also some new races. Below is from wikipedia (Player's Handbook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), which is a legitimate news source according to CNN, who reference it often during their newscasts.

The 4th edition Player's Handbook 2, subtitled Arcane, Divine and Primal Heroes,[24] is scheduled for release in March 2009.[24] The Player's Handbook 2 will include eight classes: the avenger[25], barbarian[26], bard[27], druid[28], invoker[29], shaman[30], sorcerer[31] and warden[32], and five races[33], of which gnomes, half-orcs and shifters[34] have been confirmed. Goliaths and devas (previously named aasimars) have been confirmed to be in the Player's Handbook 2 as well

Leif

Adventurer
There's 8 classes altogether, the 4 WD said+ Avenger, Bard, Invoker, & Sorceror. There are also some new races. Below is from wikipedia (Player's Handbook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), which is a legitimate news source according to CNN, who reference it often during their newscasts.

The 4th edition Player's Handbook 2, subtitled Arcane, Divine and Primal Heroes,[24] is scheduled for release in March 2009.[24] The Player's Handbook 2 will include eight classes: the avenger[25], barbarian[26], bard[27], druid[28], invoker[29], shaman[30], sorcerer[31] and warden[32], and five races[33], of which gnomes, half-orcs and shifters[34] have been confirmed. Goliaths and devas (previously named aasimars) have been confirmed to be in the Player's Handbook 2 as well
AH, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
"Greed is Good!" - Gordon Gecko

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases