Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
The first 4e thread that I was involved in here, died suddenly and inexplicably before any real action happened. The secod, was a 20th level 4e combat thread. The first huge fight went well, but towards the end of the second fight, one of our wizards started popping off AoE spells that included attacks on my Sharm, Minotaur Battlerager Fighter 20, so I withdrew from the game. It would have perhaps been different if the player of the wizard had said something to me OOC, or maybe even apologized, but he said NOTHING about it to me at all. I just saw the deductions from Sharm's hp in the DM's post and wondered what was going on. After this happened a couple of times with him saying nothing to me, not gving me any warnings, explanations, or anything, I just gave up and withdrew. renau1g was in that game, too, if I remember correctly. He had more luck than I, thank goodness.

So that is the extent of my experience with 4E, which brings us to the present game. I'm pretty nervous about it, and that's why it's taken so long to get started. I just don't want to screw up.

But, I'm now also thinking, 'hey, it's just a game, right?' I mean, you guys aren't going to burn me at the stake if I make a mistake, are you? I've already made at lest one mistake, after all, and all Mowgli did to me was gripe me out like he does all of his DMs, so I'm pretty used to that. ;)

renau1g

First Post
I won't burn you at the stake for sure, and as you said it's only a game. My own 4e experiences have been less than ideal here as well (I think 5-6 died within the month of starting). I'm in one other one right now run the Charwoman Gene, besides L4W.

I wouldn't worry too much about any "screwing up" while learning the system. I still am picking up on things and thankfully covaithe is around to teach me all sorts of interesting things with his Monster Mash game. Take your time, I know I DM'd a 4e game here for a bit and my players were helpful as well.

Lou

Explorer
I thought we had all agreed to yell at Scotley if he didn't correct us when we don't follow the new 4e rules.... Didn't I forward the memo?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
. . . I just saw the deductions from Sharm's hp in the DM's post and wondered what was going on. After this happened a couple of times with him saying nothing to me, not gving me any warnings, explanations, or anything, I just gave up and withdrew . . .

I've already made at lest one mistake, after all, and all Mowgli did to me was gripe me out like he does all of his DMs, so I'm pretty used to that. ;)

Somewhere along the way I figured out that NOT saying anything when I'm frustrated eventually leads to saying something truly rude and dropping out of the game. So now I try to speak my piece early and often - while I can be as diplomatic as I get and before I lose sight of the fact that it is, truly, just a game. Leif, Scotley and JA - my past and current DMs - know this about me (I think ;) ) and all take my gripes with good nature and a grain of salt, for which I am extremely grateful!

Leif

Adventurer
Leif, Scotley and JA - my past and current DMs - know this about me (I think ;) ) and all take my gripes with good nature and a grain of salt, for which I am extremely grateful!
Grain, or Shaker? hehe. I usually take your gripes too seriously, and that is my own fault.

Scotley

Hero
Oh, yeah! Shoot, I forgot all about that. Thanks, Lou, you're a lifesaver!

I shall endeavor to advise as best I can. As near as I can tell on this latest issue of powers, you're both right. :lol:

As to Mowgli's gripes, it just doesn't fell like D&D to me anymore if he's not bitchin' about something.

Leif

Adventurer
I really like ph2! I want to play a Deva Invoker ASAP!

But all the new races are just great, and most of the new classes, too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases